Railway crossings

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:23 am

Mr888 wrote:
tuco wrote:If you have clipless you can jump the tracks. I don't have clipless so I can't do it but I've seen it done.
What! you've never managed a "bunny hop" before??? BMX riding for kids 101 (no clipless pedals required)....have been doing these cheap stunts for years. I can still do one on my road bike...but wouldn't make it a habbit
I grew up in the dragstar era.

At 44, 10 kgs over weight and with only straps and trying a bunny hop I can picture myself on the local news being loaded into an ambulance with an 'eye witness' being interviewed, "Yeah, I saw th whole thing. He thought he was 15 again, riding a BMX, mind you BMX weren't around then but a man can dream. Anyhow, he came to the railway line and tried to bunny hop. It all came unstuck when his foot popped out of the strap, you see he wasn't wearing clipless, and it his bike just went down under him and took out the four guys behind him."

tinstaafl

Postby tinstaafl » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:06 am

tuco wrote:At 44, 10 kgs over weight and with only straps
Maaate,
Why are you not wearing shoes and clip on pedals.
They are way easier to release from than straps when even a loose strap can catch the toe of your runners.
You virtually save money because you will stop chewing through runners and the hard sole of the bike shoe makes pedaling so much easier.
I ride a MTB and I now feel very unsteady on a bike unless I am clipped on.

Robert

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:57 am

tinstaafl wrote:
tuco wrote:At 44, 10 kgs over weight and with only straps
Maaate,
Why are you not wearing shoes and clip on pedals.
They are way easier to release from than straps when even a loose strap can catch the toe of your runners.
You virtually save money because you will stop chewing through runners and the hard sole of the bike shoe makes pedaling so much easier.
I ride a MTB and I now feel very unsteady on a bike unless I am clipped on.

Robert
Lack of stock in this small town. I was hoping to do some shopping while in Melbourne recently but the only free day we had was new years day and all the bloody shops were shut.

In the next few weeks me and my daughter will be in the market for some so I'm hoping buying two pairs of pedals and shoes will attract a good discount and I'll be paying cash.

I looked around at pedals before xmas and the better deals are on the internet and that's including postage.

I've been looking at bike carriers this week and no one has stock - excuse? - all the suppliers shut for three weeks after xmas.