37.5 weeks

toolonglegs

37.5 weeks

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 pm

They have just announced calendar for this year for my federation. It appears that in 37.5 :-) weeks the French contre la montre champs will be held a whole 15 km's away ... Be rude not to have a go wouldn't it?.

philip

Re: 37.5 weeks

Postby philip » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 am

would be good if you could, are you willing to give aerobars another go though? That was the start of your problems wasn't it?

toolonglegs

37.5 weeks

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes,aero bars :-/ ... If only I had known that that little muscle cramp that I got while on aero bars in 2009 would turn into such a drama!.
I managed to spend a bit of time in the drops lately while pushing a bit harder... But still a long way to go. Not worth thinking about unless I can bend my back a bit more... I think I can get back up to a good power range (400+ watts) for the distance. Probably to a good weight 80-85kgs. All a bit pointless if I can't get aero :-)

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Aero bar surely will make you go faster, but the spirit is in participation. Enter even if you have ride a standard drop bar. Good luck with the prep! 8)
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

37.5 weeks

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I was riding Monday with a young fella who has just joins our club after moving down from Paris. He is 6 foot 4 like me... Riding next to me his bars are sitting about 10cm lower!... I am a brick wall at the moment.
Haha... Even though I was about to succumb to a gastro infection two hours later he had to sit on my wheel for the last 15 km's and I was still dropping him. I payed him out as I am well known as the bus.
Anyway you know me by now sogood... I will only participate if I have a chance!.

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Even though I was about to succumb to a gastro infection two hours later he had to sit on my wheel for the last 15 km's and I was still dropping him...
Anyway you know me by now sogood... I will only participate if I have a chance!.
Yep, you've just proved to me that you have a chance! :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 am

Aim to be as aero as Floyd....

not Cadel....

and you should be fine :)
FPR Ragamuffin

toolonglegs

37.5 weeks

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 am

If I was as fueled as Floyd I wouldn't need to be anymore aero than the #73 to Stoke Newington ;-) .
Will be down to 36.5 before we clear gastro out of the house... I am on the mend, daughter is finally as well... Son just made me glad we don't have carpets in France... Luckily ( touch wood) my wife escaped to Thailand before she got it as well.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey TLL, can you adjust the aero bars up and as you get used to them in that position and drop them by a few cm, until your body has become accustomed
to them in the lowest position? :idea: :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toolonglegs

37.5 weeks

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm

On a tt bike I wouldn't get close to position even in the highest range...and I won't be getting a tt bike till mid year anyway. But I have 6 months to get that flexibility back... A year ago I couldn't touch my knees... Now on certain day I can touch the floor. Long way to go but hopefully I can get there... When I can ride hard in the drops on my roadie with out having to sit on the nose of the saddle I will be better... Think I need to go see my physio again though... Time to start pushing the lack of flexibility issue.

Then it will be time to think about power meter again... No way I would do a tt without one! :-)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am

How do people work out their TT fits?.... I know my ideal road measurements (although this was a few years back, so quite a few things have changed ) , probably couldn't get the same saddle / bar drop now but I will get there. Not many top end (ish) TT frames are made in XL, so I need to know if I can fit a large or not. Loads of high end kit available here 2nd hand. Might not have a French Championships round the corner again in a hurry so keen to give it a really good crack even though I have never done a solo TT in my life.
Time to get a power meter and find out if I even have a 300w FTP these days :oops: .

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Sweet... 33% of TT bike ordered :D .

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Bargain! :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

No chain :D ... temporary TT bike.
Was hoping to get the saddle further forward with a set back post facing forward. If it was a normal saddle I could probably get it to 5cm behind the bb but with the short saddle only get it to 6.5cm.
Do you take the measure of the front of extensions to the end of the extension itself or the end of the shifters?. I am at 80cm in front of the bb to the end of the extensions... legal as my elbow angle is good.
Adjustable stem works well but even cranked up tight it is a bit loose in the joint.Shouldn't be an issue... have the arm rests 30mm lower than road bike for now... will take it easy on my back for now!.
Need to get some Nokon derailleur cables as the angle from exit of extensions to frame guides is pretty severe for traditional cable.
Shopping list... 80mm front tubular, powertap 80mm rear, tt frame one day.
Legs are pretty toast but will give it a whirl today :D .