Path Less Pedaled Blogger Road Rage Victim in NZ

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:41 am

Russ Roca one half of the blogging team, The Path Less Pedaled was assaulted whilst touring in New Zealand ... seems a motorist had an issue.

A road rage attack on an American cyclist in Wellington has been condemned as an embarrassment to New Zealand.

Russ Roca, 33, was tackled to the ground and punched in the face by a motorist in Newtown on Tuesday.

Roca and his partner, Laura Crawford, 32, of Oregon, have been riding the New Zealand Cycle Trail for more than a month without any problems from motorists.

They were riding their collapsible bikes on a two-lane section of Riddiford St about 4.30pm when a man driving a silver sedan passed them "really really close, almost aggressively", he said.

"So the natural reaction was to shout 'What's going on?' We threw our hands up, and there was a finger gesture."

The motorist, described as a 30-something male of average build with black hair, pulled over and came at the cyclists, Roca said.

"Laura swerved around him but I wasn't so lucky. He ran after me, tackled me and pushed me off my bike.

"When I got up, he wasn't finished and he punched me in the face."

The attack was over as quickly as it began, with the man returning to his car and speeding off, running a red light in the process, Roca said.

He was left with sore shoulders and legs and a cut on the inside of his mouth, but said the emotional shock was the worst injury he sustained.

Crawford said the man had shouted in a foreign language as he approached.

More details at Stuff.co.nz.

Andrew

Wingnut

Postby Wingnut » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 am

What can you say? There are fools everywhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... ;-)