Boganvilla has moved into our street

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I can't believe it The Boganvilla family has moved in down the street.
:roll: They got the house for a bargain due to the real-estate market being low :? I thought I would like this family because they have bike racks on the roof of their car :roll:
Parties every night, two teenage ugly sons who terrorise the street at night, they push over bins and leave beer bottles all down the street.
They threw the mail out of Braless’ mail box, (she is away) so I cleaned up and collected her mail.
They pushed Barbies bin and all her rubbish was on the drive way, I cleaned that up as well. ( she is away as well)
Boxtina's house seems ok.

I am trying so hard not to retaliate. I think the parents are away, for memory the mother’s name is Flabina Boganvilla.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

rkelsen

Re: Boganvilla has moved into our street

Postby rkelsen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Braless, Barbie, Boxtina... I wanna live in your street... :lol:

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Poor Apple! :roll:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 pm

rkelsen wrote:Braless, Barbie, Boxtina... I wanna live in your street... :lol:
No you don't ,even after you meet Clitoria who is a very nice lady and good looking, she is upset
Since Flabiola has moved in we are stressed
sogood wrote:Poor Apple! :roll:
You said it Sogood, I am angry, very angry :evil:
I feel my Middle eastern temper brewing, we shoot first ask questions later :evil:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Document it all and send it to the writers of Desparate Housewives... It could be very funny (if it wasn't in your street).

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm

A little different on my street. Most of the people on my street know each other. Relatibvely friendly. I get along well with all the neighbours and we chat a bit.... except for one. His dog is a poo poo monster. Why can't his dog poo in his own yard. Most dog owners these days carry a poo bag to clean up after.
Sorry to hear about your neighbourhood nightmare. I will be moving away from the poo poo monster next door. God willing, my neighbours will be as nice as most of the ones I have now.

Jon

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 pm

silkishuge wrote:... except for one. His dog is a poo poo monster. Why can't his dog poo in his own yard. Most dog owners these days carry a poo bag to clean up after.
Sorry to hear about your neighbourhood nightmare. I will be moving away from the poo poo monster next door. God willing, my neighbours will be as nice as most of the ones I have now.

Jon
Funny you should mention the poo. Clitoria just came by for our usual glass or two of Moet, She informed me that during her walk with Sensation, that’s her spoodle fluffy dog. Sensation defecated, as she picked it up with her gloves and plastic bag, she had an impulse to go to Flabatola's mail box and place the deposit in the box without the bag. Which she did, Clitoria was shocked with herself but said they deserved it.
she said that Sensation had a softish poo after eating vegetables, rice and homemade chicken.
I was shocked. I can't wait till they get the mail out
:shock: :lol: :lol:

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Kenzo wrote:Document it all and send it to the writers of Desparate Housewives... It could be very funny (if it wasn't in your street).
Yes funny but not here at 3 am, when I need to get up early to ride. :twisted:

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Your neighbour is putting dog SH&* in the letterbox?

Sounds like a middle class bogan street, the working class bogans have just moved up....lol

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm

beanspropulsion wrote:Your neighbour is putting dog SH&* in the letterbox?

Sounds like a middle class bogan street, the working class bogans have just moved up....lol
Yes, and they deserve it, I think human SH#& would be better but we are not bogan here.

Old and Rusty

Postby Old and Rusty » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Hey Apple.. Apple hey Apple!!

"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:45 pm

OM G Old and Rusty :shock: it is very much like that.
I found over 30 bear bottles in the reserve opposite their house today
I also found out that he goes to one of the most prestige private schools in the area. He is a boarder because his mum can’t stand him at home. Dad was an Army man but now lives overseas.
:roll:

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Apple, thanks for taking our old neighbours into your street and into your heart.
They lived next to us for almost two years and if you think its bad now then let me tell you, it gets worse! They do quieten-down in winter time but they also leave their dogs out in the cold to bark all night so it balances I guess.
You could try doing what we did and that was to call DOCS anonymously and tellthem the parents were drunk druggies and the kids were being mistreated. that also seems to quieten them for a week or two.
The fix that worked for the longest time was to invite a couple of Gypsy Jokers around. That kind of put the wind up the bogan neighbours as well although you will be expected to make a small and regular donation to the Jokers Christmas party fund.
Not my circus, not my monkeys

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Just calmly walk up to their front door, knock, when they answer, lock eyes, and tell them very matter of factly, that you and many others in the street are not going to put up with their antics, and from now, every time they do, the police will be called. then ask them if they understand. then walk away.

then when they inevitably test your resolve, ring the police. each time. and get a neighbor to do it as well.

slow learners like this need around 4-5 visits from the police before the penny drops.

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 pm

when they have a really loud party that goes to all hours of the night. get up early the next morning and call the local landscaping place and get 10m3 of roadbase dumped right in the middle of the driveway. it will be the best $300 you will ever spend. Watching them shovel 10m3 of dirt out of the driveway so they can get their cars out will shut them up and fix their hangover pretty quick.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:34 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys are out of control. :mrgreen:
gorilla monsoon wrote:Hi Apple, thanks for taking our old neighbours into your street and into your heart.
They lived next to us for almost two years and if you think its bad now then let me tell you, it gets worse! .
Funny you should post this, I was thinking how lucky are the neighbours they left. They must have held a street party.
PawPaw wrote:Just calmly walk up to their front door, knock, when they answer, lock eyes, and tell them very matter of factly, that you and many others in the street are not going to put up with their antics, and from now, every time they do, the police will be called. then ask them if they understand. then walk away.

then when they inevitably test your resolve, ring the police. each time. and get a neighbor to do it as well.

slow learners like this need around 4-5 visits from the police before the penny drops.
Not so easy, the Longuveillits are very prudent, they would just shake their heads but would never say anything :roll:
As for me, I can't tell you what I have done :twisted: :mrgreen: and there is no guilt
nayfen wrote:when they have a really loud party that goes to all hours of the night. get up early the next morning and call the local landscaping place and get 10m3 of roadbase dumped right in the middle of the driveway. it will be the best $300 you will ever spend. Watching them shovel 10m3 of dirt out of the driveway so they can get their cars out will shut them up and fix their hangover pretty quick.
Has this been tested by you nayfen :P

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 pm

It would be worth making an intelligence gathering visit to their power box. Next time they have a loud party, remove all the fuses and circuit-breakers, and if you have time scatter them around the garden.

This will result in massive confusion. It will be a once-off, but it will be worth it. :wink:

Some rental neighbours in our apratment block were prone to loud drunken parties, which included girls vomiting out windows so that the little old spinster downstairs had to move out of her bedroom for the night becasue of the smell.When I heard that, I decided enough was enough and flpped the master switch on their unit mid=party at about 11:30 one saturday night.

Shall we just say the relative silence was refreshing, and the sounds of "WT? just happened? :shock: " was deeply satisfying. By the time they worked out what had happened, and where the power box was, the party dissolved. :mrgreen:

Most satisfying of all was when the owner gave them the boot a month later after we brought it to his attention via the Body Corporate.

I appreciate it is more difficult when you have free-standing houses, but a bit of stirring the possum can be fun.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Oxford wrote:go one better, most meter boxes have locking capability, buy a cheap lock, flick the fuses, then lock it up. :mrgreen:
OK, I'll pay that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

A big fugly security padlock, so they have to use the bolt cutters on the metal loops it goes through instead of the lock itself :mrgreen:

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

I'll admit to pulling fuses a couple of times. If they can't hear you ringing the doorbell at midnight it's an option, not the only one, but the ten minutes it takes them to figure out what's going on does take the wind out of the fair ship Party's sails. Fuses are getting less accessible though. Used to be they'd be on the front verandah next to the front door. Nowadays they could be anywhere, mine are indoors.

Had a win over some crap teen neighbours years ago when I spotted some funny plants in pots tucked between the laundry and the fence, away from mums prying eyes. One call to the local plod silenced the ratbags forever.

scotto

Postby scotto » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am

start a facebook account on their behalf and use that to organise some large soire's for them. think of it as a BYO surprise party ?

or do the neighbourly thing and buy them a present. in highschool once, we all chipped in to buy some kids parents a tonne of road base - "money left in the letter box, dump it on the driveway please" - hehe

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Apple wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has this been tested by you nayfen :P
A magician never reveals his/hers secrets. The other option is to turn the hot water switch off. next morning the only option is a cold shower.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 am

Another option is to kill the power circuits, but not the light circuit. Most kids are too stupid to know they're on a separate circuit so adds to the WT? moment.

Stuff I read in a book once: :shock:
- push matchsticks into all the party-er's car's keyholes, then break off. that's real fun when they come out to drive away half tanked or the following day with a hangover. they never work out why they can only get their keys in a bit.
- remove and throw away the sump oil drain cap from all the cars.
- when the music is so loud they can't hear the doorbell, move their wheelie bin into the middle of the front yard, and throw a match on it, then call the police, who escalate responses to callouts for fires.
- when the music is loud, take a saw (for better effect a chainsaw) to significant bits of their landscaping, or at least ring bark them.
- for rented party houses, throw rocks through their front windows, then the next day call the property manager.
- walk into the party with a couple of empty beer cartons. find the beer fridge, fill your cartons, and walk out.
- turn the water off at the mains, or at least right down to a trickle. many younger renters have no idea such a tap exists.
- for quieter parties with loud talking idiots late at night, rock the roof.
- find the pool filter, turn it to manual, and set it to drain.
- find their hose, stick it through a window of house (or car), turn on.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 am

Ox, I think the best intervention for rented party houses is when inconvenience and expense are shared between the occupants and their guests, the property manager who let the place to them (usually a long history of doing the same), and the owner who is too slack to demand more from the PM and respect the peaceful amenity of neighbors. To help all of these people learn life lessons their parents unfortunately didn't think were important, property damage that exceeds the cost of most insurance policies is warranted.

The other message I've read about for rentals is to use RP Data or similar to find out the address and phone number of the real estate agent/property manager. When you are woken up by noisy tenants at 1am, ring the PM and let them know, and throw beer bottles on their lawn a week later if there's ongoing problems. Can be more effective than the police.

Owners and PMs who persist in undervaluing neighbors' peace, are obviously slow learners or so preoccupied, a second transgression needs to be escalated to secure their attention. In some cases, owners of rental properties subject to multiple neighborly communications such as this, put the house up for sale, and a house proud owner occupier gets a chance to buy it.

BTW, I justify imposing cost on these people because when I don't sleep well, being self employed my income earning potential is compromised in that I cannot work as fast or efficiently.

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:28 am

OM G :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: you people are out of control.
I am taking all well some of this information with me for next time :mrgreen:

PA

Postby PA » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

PawPaw wrote: - walk into the party with a couple of empty beer cartons. find the beer fridge, fill your cartons, and walk out.
I love it.

A person I know put graphite in the gearbox of the motorbikes owned by some bogans who used to roar down his street. The graphite would allow the bike to be ridden gently but give it some and the clutch would slip.
Mouse magnet