2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby briztoon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Can I ask what SPCC & PSP stand for?

Oh, and sli123 that's some impressive riding.

257LL I have started carrying a banana with me on almost every ride (unless I know I'm just doing a short 30km - 40km ride), usually eat it around the 50km to 60km mark.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

by BNA » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

BNA
 

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Tandem » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

7th Jan 102 km av. 27.1 km/h 1point
10th Jan 107 km av 24.1 km/h 1point
15th Jan 118 km av 30.7 km/h 1 point

Total Points 3
Image
User avatar
Tandem
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 pm
Location: Sinagra, Perth

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby duds2u » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 pm

15th January 142K Av. 27.4 Km/h 1 point

Total points 2
Image
duds2u
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby ausrandoman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:48 pm

ausrandoman wrote:January 7, Bendigo to Ballarat 195 km (very indirect route) 1 point
January 8, Ballarat to Bendigo 132 km, (more direct route) 1 point
total 327 km, 2 points
Am I doing it right?


January 14, Bendigo / Mt. Alexander / Castlemaine area, 152 km
479 km, 3 points
ausrandoman
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Off and running, 107km on Ride Like Crazy today.
http://app.strava.com/rides/3353224
Scott CR1
you cannot be sirrus
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Eleri » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I did an Audax ride on the weekend, my first 300 :)

2/1/12 135km on the BNA Girls Ride 1 point - http://app.strava.com/activities/3032064 TOTAL points 1; TOTAL kms 135
8/1/12 102km RNP 1 point http://app.strava.com/rides/3166009 TOTAL points 2, TOTAL kms 237
14/1/12 300km Audax 1 point TOTAL points 3, TOTAL kms 537
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby sli123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:41 pm

briztoon wrote:Can I ask what SPCC & PSP stand for?

Oh, and sli123 that's some impressive riding.

257LL I have started carrying a banana with me on almost every ride (unless I know I'm just doing a short 30km - 40km ride), usually eat it around the 50km to 60km mark.


Thanks briztoon.
PSP stands for principle shared path (i think). The Kwinana shared path runs right alongside the Kwinana freeway and there's very few peds once you get about 10k's from the city.
SPCC is the South Perth Cycling Club.
Cheers,
Stuart.
User avatar
sli123
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby sli123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Eleri wrote:I did an Audax ride on the weekend, my first 300 :)

2/1/12 135km on the BNA Girls Ride 1 point - http://app.strava.com/activities/3032064 TOTAL points 1; TOTAL kms 135
8/1/12 102km RNP 1 point http://app.strava.com/rides/3166009 TOTAL points 2, TOTAL kms 237
14/1/12 300km Audax 1 point TOTAL points 3, TOTAL kms 537


300km?
:shock: :shock:
Why would you do that to yourself???
:mrgreen:
Just kidding. Very impressive. Well done.
User avatar
sli123
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Eleri » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm

sli123 wrote:
Eleri wrote:I did an Audax ride on the weekend, my first 300 :)

2/1/12 135km on the BNA Girls Ride 1 point - http://app.strava.com/activities/3032064 TOTAL points 1; TOTAL kms 135
8/1/12 102km RNP 1 point http://app.strava.com/rides/3166009 TOTAL points 2, TOTAL kms 237
14/1/12 300km Audax 1 point TOTAL points 3, TOTAL kms 537


300km?
:shock: :shock:
Why would you do that to yourself???
:mrgreen:
Just kidding. Very impressive. Well done.



It seemed like a good idea at the time. :) Actually ensuring I could do the ACE 250 in 2 weeks time. I doubt I will keep this level of activity up after January!
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby notwal » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:26 pm

I got another one. After the club ride this morning I still had plenty of time and legs for another 50.
13 Jan, 1 Point, Solo meandering Long River Ride+, 100.7 km,..................................... Total Points: 1, Total distance 100.7 km
15 Jan, 1 Point, 1/2 bunch 1/2 solo Mt Nebo, Gap Ck Rd, Mt Coot-tha and random flat bits,... Total Points: 2, Total distance 200.8 km
judged, insulted, gone
User avatar
notwal
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm

sli123 wrote:7 Jan, 1 Point, SPCC Saturday, 114KM, Total Points: 1, Total Distance: 114KM
8 Jan, 1 Point, SPCC Sunday, 145km, Total Points: 2, Total distance: 259km
13 Jan, 1 Point, Kwinana PSP solo 100.1km, Total Points: 3, Total distance: 359
14 Jan, 1 Point, SPCC Saturday, 111km, Total Points: 4, Total distance: 470
15 Jan, 1 Point, SPCC Sunday, 100km, Total Points: 5, Total distance: 570
Cheers.


Nice weekend's work there :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Tandem wrote:7th Jan 102 km av. 27.1 km/h 1point
10th Jan 107 km av 24.1 km/h 1point
15th Jan 118 km av 30.7 km/h 1 point

Total Points 3


Thanks for the updated. Can you please help me out by including your total kilometres.

Thanks
Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:14 pm

duds2u wrote:15th January 142K Av. 27.4 Km/h 1 point

Total points 2


I don't seem to have the details of the first ride. In fairness to all can you please repost all the details as per the guidance in the opening post. Once done I can add you to the challenge.

Thanks
Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:15 pm

you cannot be sirrus wrote:Off and running, 107km on Ride Like Crazy today.
http://app.strava.com/rides/3353224


It would be appreciated please if you could log your rides as per the guidance in the opening post. It just makes it that much easier to record the details.

Thanks
Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 pm

ausrandoman wrote:
ausrandoman wrote:January 7, Bendigo to Ballarat 195 km (very indirect route) 1 point
January 8, Ballarat to Bendigo 132 km, (more direct route) 1 point
total 327 km, 2 points
Am I doing it right?


January 14, Bendigo / Mt. Alexander / Castlemaine area, 152 km
479 km, 3 points


Nice work. Duly noted.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Eleri wrote:I did an Audax ride on the weekend, my first 300 :)

2/1/12 135km on the BNA Girls Ride 1 point - http://app.strava.com/activities/3032064 TOTAL points 1; TOTAL kms 135
8/1/12 102km RNP 1 point http://app.strava.com/rides/3166009 TOTAL points 2, TOTAL kms 237
14/1/12 300km Audax 1 point TOTAL points 3, TOTAL kms 537


Great effort Eleri! Duly recorded.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Everyone

Nice work by all. I have decided to just keep the record of rankings in a spreadsheet which you can access here. Easier than trying to repost the data here each time.

Well done to sli23 who has managed to just hold off Eleri for the top spot :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 pm

notwal wrote:I got another one. After the club ride this morning I still had plenty of time and legs for another 50.
13 Jan, 1 Point, Solo meandering Long River Ride+, 100.7 km,..................................... Total Points: 1, Total distance 100.7 km
15 Jan, 1 Point, 1/2 bunch 1/2 solo Mt Nebo, Gap Ck Rd, Mt Coot-tha and random flat bits,... Total Points: 2, Total distance 200.8 km


Nice work. Spreadsheet updated.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 am

15 Jan, RLC 1 point, 107km. Total point: 1, Total distance: 107km
Scott CR1
you cannot be sirrus
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby duds2u » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:07 am

Aushiker wrote:
duds2u wrote:15th January 142K Av. 27.4 Km/h 1 point

Total points 2


I don't seem to have the details of the first ride. In fairness to all can you please repost all the details as per the guidance in the opening post. Once done I can add you to the challenge.

Thanks
Andrew


Hi Andrew,

Somehow the first one got lost in the ether.

The ride was a modified Noosa Metric Century
8/1/12 103.9K Av 29.9k 1 point
Total distance now 256.6K
Image
duds2u
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Gassy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 am

5/1 . 1 Point . Mt Donna Buang -128kms. Total Points 1: Total Distance 128kms
8/1 . 1 Point . Toolangi -101 kms. Total Points 2: Total Distancce 229kms
15/1. 1 Point . Marysville -181kms. Total Points 3: Total Distance 410kms.

Decided to have a go. Aiming to get to 40 points by the end of the year. Will be good for year round fitness if I get there. Audax rides for the next 2 weekends though.
Image
User avatar
Gassy
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Olinda, Mt D.

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby grantw » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm in and don't mind adding this was my first 100 since May last year.

16/1 Up and down the coast 108km - 1 point,

Total distance 108

cheers

grant
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Aushiker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks @duds2u. Got you in the spreadsheet now.

Nice work @Gassey. You are looking good.

@grantw. Well done on having a go. Nice start.

The spreadsheet has been updated and should be showing here (fingers crossed).

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19966
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby briztoon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 am

Stoopid rain. I had a new ride mapped out for today (monday) that included a few more hills and this crappy weather settled in. Yeah I know, I'm gonna get some of the typical htfu comments. But after Sundays ride in the rain, I can say I don't enjoy it that much (I had just started up Camp Hill when the heavens pissed down Sunday).

Got a serious case of the bicycle ride joneses at the moment.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: 2012 Metric Century a Month Challenge Register

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 am

briztoon wrote:Stoopid rain. I had a new ride mapped out for today (monday) that included a few more hills and this crappy weather settled in. Yeah I know, I'm gonna get some of the typical htfu comments. But after Sundays ride in the rain, I can say I don't enjoy it that much (I had just started up Camp Hill when the heavens pissed down Sunday).

Got a serious case of the bicycle ride joneses at the moment.


I don't blame you. Riding in traffic in the rain sounds so little like fun.
It's dry out here. Get in your car and drive west until the blue stuff appears. Gatton to Toowoomba up the range FTW.
You have officially become your parents.
Ken Ho
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Pikey, based on Southern Gold Coast

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter