I'm heading to France in late May for around 2 weeks of riding before SWIMBO arrives to ruin my fun - I'll be coming from Marrakesh, so my current plan is as follows:
- Fly to Lyon (Only place I can get a direct flight on the day from Marrakesh)
- Train to Grenoble
- Base ourselves here to ride Alpe d'Huez and other climbs for 3-4 days
- Drive to a location near Mont Ventoux
- Ride Mont Ventoux
- Figure out a way to get from Mont Ventoux region to somewhere in the Pyrenees
- Ride the Pyrenees for 3-4 days
- Return to Rome (Figure out how to get bike home, meet SWIMBO)
I'm chasing the following from people who may have done something similar:
- Recommendations on other -must do- rides!
- Recommendations on cycling friendly places to stay around Grenoble
- Recommendations on cycling friendly places to stay around Mont Ventoux
- Recommendations on best way to get from SE France to the Pyrenees
- Recommendations on cycling friendly places to stay around the Pyrenees - I have been in contact with these guys who seem to be a good but fairly expensive option - http://www.pyractif.com/cycling-package ... berty.html
I've done a fair level of research on the above, but nothing beats the experience of people who have travelled and ridden in the region before - Thanks for any assistance people can offer.