Bad eating habits witnessed

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
ldrcycles

Re: Bad eating habits witnessed

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 am

How big is a 'family' pizza over there? I've heard they are damn near the size of a doona.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am

ldrcycles wrote:How big is a 'family' pizza over there? I've heard they are damn near the size of a doona.
This is why I don't eat Pizza
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:20 am

I was at the Tennis final on Saturday night (Moorilla International in Hobart) and the two finalist come out onto the court and a few people behind me commented on how "skinny" they were. I felt like saying, no they are not skinny, they are fit, elite athletes who train hard to be in top physical shape.

The perception of body shape and appearance has become somewhat distorted.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm

doggatas wrote:The perception of body shape and appearance has become somewhat distorted.
Yes. And Augustus Gloop is your proof:

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 pm

wow, if I want to lose some weight I just have to revisit this thread for inspiration!

actually I thought the other day going through the checkout that the checkout girl must think I'm poor, or vegetarian, or something.... bought lots of fruit n veg, baked beans, pasta, vegie burgers... not as bad as the time when I had to get 7 weeks worth of kitty litter in one go though, then they looked at me like I was a crazy cat lady :shock:
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:03 pm

jet-ski wrote:they looked at me like I was a crazy cat lady :shock:
Are you :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:
nayfen wrote: in each episode and takes on food challenge he was atempting to eat a hamburger with mutiple beef patties, cheese bacon, lettuce tomato various sauces etc
Speaking of food challenges in December 2010 (13 months ago) I managed to finish off a 2kg meal in less than 30 minutes to win a T-shirt + the meal at half price. The photos from that night are disgusting & I can't believe how easy it was to consume 2kg of food in 20 minutes :oops:

The meal was 1kg of steak, half a kg of vegetables & half a kg of wedges. I do believe the food challenge is still about at a place called Outback Jacks in Brisbane.

BTW................. I'm now a Vegan
I bet that the best part of the challenge would have been your body's sigh of relief about 3 days later once it had time to process all of that meat. all of you blood would have rushed to your stomach to aid digestion leaving little for upstairs. Did you feel strange for a while? My body has gone into a comma just thinking about it.

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:04 pm

That depends on your definition Apple. I have two of them. I couldn't have any more because the two I have are quite occupied with trying to kill each other.

My definition of 'crazy cat lady' involves 3 or more cats - or one of those houses where you walk in and there is a cat sitting on every available surface :shock:

Back on topic, has anyone here tried a deep fried mars bar? I have never been brave enough.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:07 pm

rkelsen wrote:
doggatas wrote:The perception of body shape and appearance has become somewhat distorted.
Yes. And Augustus Gloop is your proof:

Good ol' Willie Wonker, proof is well and truly in the pudding, well in this case the chocolate.

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:10 pm

nayfen wrote:
I bet that the best part of the challenge would have been your body's sigh of relief about 3 days later once it had time to process all of that meat. all of you blood would have rushed to your stomach to aid digestion leaving little for upstairs. Did you feel strange for a while? My body has gone into a comma just thinking about it.
Horrible thing was that I'd forgotten all about the evening plans with my Wife's work colleagues & had consumed 4 sushi rolls earlier that afternoon.

This is what 2kg of food looks like.

This is what 20kg of food looks like (10 wanna be gluttons)

Last edited by ZepinAtor on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Redbull wrote:I am now traveling in the States - I will keep my eyes peeled, I'm sure there will be something to contribute :D
When I was in the states, I walked a lot, and was always looked at different, I would walk 5km to the shops, or walk to get the bus. They actually make it hard for you to cross roads over there, as some streets dont have walk signs on lights, and with jaywalking and all that rubbish, its scary. I admit I did jaywalk but damn, everytime I went to run across a road, a copper was always lurking. Good to be home, I now jaywalk just for jaywalking :) :)
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Kenzo wrote: You can buy these just down the road from where I live. They call it the "Oh my Goodness burger"...
http://www.chomper.com.au/restaurant/ch ... 7-takeaway
There are some seriously BIG people lining up in there. The nastiest thing in there I want to try are the curly fries topped with chicken salt, cheese and bacon pieces! The regular size burger I had from there a week ago was quite nice and fresh.
I know where that place is...their regular burgers are ok, but that oh my goodness one...puke :shock:
Lisa

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 am

Ironic thing about take away foods like Maccas, KFC, Hungry jacks etc is that yes, its cheap but once you start developing diabetes, or actually get diabetes then the cost of medication outweighs the cost of buying healthy in the first place :P (make sense?)

I am not saying, dont eat junk, but when you hear people saying, healthy food is so much more expensive, or time consuming. How hard is it to pre-pack lunch before you go to bed?

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 pm

But Maccas/KFC etc AREN'T CHEAP AT ALL!! Perth is like the mecca of overpriced food, and yet there are still places in the CBD where you can get a nice salad roll for $5.... or a sanga for $3.80, and a fruit salad for $3.

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm

jet-ski wrote:But Maccas/KFC etc AREN'T CHEAP AT ALL!! Perth is like the mecca of overpriced food, and yet there are still places in the CBD where you can get a nice salad roll for $5.... or a sanga for $3.80, and a fruit salad for $3.
Mainly food courts mate, go to any food court at a shopping mall (ha I never go to shopping malls) but just from working around the area.. I guess you right in a way though :)

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't buy out, if I am shopping and need to eat lunch, I would go to the super market and get turkey slices, bread roll lettuce, tomato and cucumber, I always have a pocket knife in my bag and paper.
I don’t trust anyone making my lunch
I used to buy sushi, but I was grossed out by some of the other people touching it, smelling it and then putting it back on the sushi train. I don't like the ready made ones because I am not comfortable with the plastic boxes they bring out and try to look like they are making it fresh.

simonn

Postby simonn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 pm

jet-ski wrote:actually I thought the other day going through the checkout that the checkout girl must think I'm poor, or vegetarian, or something.... bought lots of fruit n veg, baked beans, pasta, vegie burgers...
Not a vegetarian?!?!? The shame! The shame! All you can do is but jump.

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Apple, you just made me think of Mr Bean making his sandwich in the park, drying his lettuce by putting it in his sock and swinging it around....

vince

Postby vince » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm

jet-ski wrote:Apple, you just made me think of Mr Bean making his sandwich in the park, drying his lettuce by putting it in his sock and swinging it around....
ha ! me too :D
2011 Fuji Roubaix 1
"Man plans, God laughs"

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 pm

vince wrote:
jet-ski wrote:Apple, you just made me think of Mr Bean making his sandwich in the park, drying his lettuce by putting it in his sock and swinging it around....
ha ! me too :D
:shock: That's gross :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't see that one. Trust me I make mine in the kosher style sterility

population100

Postby population100 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 am

There is a very obese women at my work, who every day pours a cup of half and half (1/2 cream + 1/2 full fat milk) adds 6 (yes 6!) packets of sugar and pops it in the microwave.

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

ew. What does that look like when it comes out of the microwave? :O

population100

Postby population100 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 pm

jet-ski wrote:ew. What does that look like when it comes out of the microwave? :O
I never want to get that close to look!!

sandberry

Postby sandberry » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I've found myself in mcdonalds on a few uni all-nighters, and I've got a friend who gets "pounders", never quarter-pounders.
I had no idea you could ask for that.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

population100 wrote:There is a very obese women at my work, who every day pours a cup of half and half (1/2 cream + 1/2 full fat milk) adds 6 (yes 6!) packets of sugar and pops it in the microwave.
Erp, I feel sick now.

Makes the coupla doughnuts I had from the van at Footscray station this arvo look tame :oops:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011