Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

danny the boy

Re: Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Postby danny the boy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Twice this morning ive tried to comment on the Herald-Sun site, and both times they wont post it. I didnt swear, I didnt make anything up, I wrote honest examples of incidents that have happened to me where motorists gone out of there way to physically interfere with me whilst riding. What a joke. From the amount of hate that they are generating over there I'm considering whether its even worthwhile attempting to go for a ride in the near future. This is pretty sad stuff what is going on there. I hope there is some politicians somewhere taking notice.

oldnewby

Postby oldnewby » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 pm

dribble m in melb were going with "talkback" on it this morning too. big ed and co love warney, "when is warne ever wrong?" was uttered more than once. to their credit though, they took a few cyclists' calls, and the end of the discussion didn't seem too one sided. dunno about cyclists paying some kind of rego, a few of the callers this morning (cyclists) said "if there were rego to pay, i'd be the first to pay it"
My take is, there's d*%#!$@d drivers, d*%#!$@d pedestrians, d*%#!$@d cyclists, d*%#!$@d's all thru society in general.. we just gotta deal with them as best we can - whatever the laws, legislations, rules, it won't change the fact that d*%#!$@d's are gonna be d*%#!$@d's!
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels"

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

How ironic that Warne is complaining via twitter about the media reporting on the incident, when he was the one who let the world know via twitter about his altercation with a cyclist :lol:

WestcoastPete

Postby WestcoastPete » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Amy Gillett Foundation CEO Tracey Gaudry is saying that rego for bikes needs to be fully investigated by high levels of government. The article also says:

"She said many cyclists were also motorists and so already paid for the right to use the road.

"I think paying for the use of the road is not the issue here, but as a bike rider I'd be happy to pay $20 or $50 to have the right to use the road."

Um, motorists don't pay for the right to use the roads. Roads are a public asset, owned by everyone and for everyone's use.

Registering bikes would be expensive and wouldn't achieve anything. It's not done anywhere in the world. It's been attempted and failed.

It's very disappointing for the CEO of a very worthy organisation suggesting these things.

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/w ... l#comments

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

What is this Amy Gillett Foundation all about any way? Was she some sort of car racer who was killed by a renegade lycra lout or something????

:P :roll: :evil:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

WestcoastPete

Postby WestcoastPete » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm really gutted about the Amy Gillett Foundation. They're such a great organisation who are doing some really good things.

I've just sent them an email expressing my disappointment in their CEOs comments and told them that I am not donating to them anymore.

Laidlaym

Postby Laidlaym » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Has Warne potentially made a false report to Police?

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm

I would see it as more sinister than that. Damaged the wheel and didn't exchange details. Covering up by attacking the poor cyclist first through Twitter. Cops probably rang him saying about the damage and thought he was above any complaint. Big ego, empty soul, mediocre brain.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

anniegray

Postby anniegray » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 pm

I am tired of all of the cries that bike riders should pay registration. What about the kids who ride bikes, do these people expect parents to pay registration for kids to ride bikes? I'm willing to bet that some of these pro-bicycle registration drivers, have kids who ride bikes. Where does it stop, do they propose to pay registration for skateboards and scooters? What about people, like my neighbours, who play with remote controlled cars on my street?

I suggest that if drivers are unable to cope with other types of road users they should consider whether they should be drivers.

Thanks for reading.

Anniegray

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:34 pm

danny the boy wrote:Twice this morning ive tried to comment on the Herald-Sun site, and both times they wont post it.
I know of at least three pro-cycling comments not published either. Standard Hun bias. Wonder if MediaWatch is back on deck yet.

Also profoundly disappointed by Tracey Gaudry's comments. They won't get another cent from me. But maybe they're getting something from Warne, given his remarks that he'll work with advocates. Which would just give him more exposure, after the damage has been done.

It certainly looks like a false report, but the cops here (initially) didn't even charge a driver for a fatal dooring, so I'm not holding my breath.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm

grasshopper wrote: the cops here (initially) didn't even charge a driver for a fatal dooring, so I'm not holding my breath.
Actually much worse than that. They have not ever charged said driver (BMW-madam) :evil:

Power and influence guys, power and influence........ :roll:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Well I tweeted on both Warnie's and Tracy's feeds that there are actually 2 sides to the story, with the link to the cyclist's side. I doubt they'll reply. I doubt they'll even read it, but their followers will see it, and the google crawlers that scan their feeds will too.

And I've put it up on facebook.

All we can do is put it out there and do all we can to share the story without Warnie's spin.....
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

rcmkII

Postby rcmkII » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Found with a quick search:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Cyclist-says-Sha ... fault.aspx

Wow, media which reports both sides.
Riding and writing my way to health and happiness.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

uncle arthur wrote:Well I tweeted on both Warnie's and Tracy's feeds that there are actually 2 sides to the story, with the link to the cyclist's side. I doubt they'll reply. I doubt they'll even read it, but their followers will see it, and the google crawlers that scan their feeds will too.

And I've put it up on facebook.

All we can do is put it out there and do all we can to share the story without Warnie's spin.....
Good stuff - the power of social media should not be underestimated by Mr Warne :oops:

othy

Postby othy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

The cyclists story is now being reported on The Age / SMH:

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/cycl ... 1q5q2.html

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Arrogance much?????... :shock:
@warne888 wrote: warne888 Shane Warne
Have just seen bike riders version of events, please buddy - whatever ! I'm not going to get into a 5 year old tit for tat..,

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

"Both parties have been spoken to and civil action has been advised."

Good. Those supporting Warney are supporting a MercBenz driver who maliciously damaged and deliberately hit someone's means of transport.

Woeful to see so many people supporting an overgrown brat who thinks he owns the road and can't be overtaken.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

uncle arthur wrote:Arrogance much?????... :shock:
@warne888 wrote: warne888 Shane Warne
Have just seen bike riders version of events, please buddy - whatever ! I'm not going to get into a 5 year old tit for tat..,

Throwing a tantrum much? Hope the cyclist is recording Shane's tweets.

longshanks

Postby longshanks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 pm

uncle arthur wrote:whatever ! I'm not going to get into a 5 year old tit for tat..,
In a debate between a 5yo and Warnie, my money is on the 5 year old..

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

In the email, he wrote: "I'd had no intention of making any of this public - I simply wanted deal with it privately and ask him to repair my bike. However Mr Warne, the public man that he is, seemed to want the whole thing in plain view."
What Shane forgets is Twitter is not the Murdoch papers. Last idiot who decided to mouth off cyclists was Mia Freedman. Get ready for the storm Shane. If you thought Twitter's a crowd you could win over, taking this public and now getting both sides of the story with the damage your Merc driving caused.....

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:19 pm

longshanks wrote:
uncle arthur wrote:whatever ! I'm not going to get into a 5 year old tit for tat..,
In a debate between a 5yo and Warnie, my money is on the 5 year old..
And trust Warnie to bring in the word "tit". :roll: One track mind, or what?

Always though he was a dckhead, this just reinforces it.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Oxford wrote:I've been contacted by Ch9 this morning in relation to this matter for my comment and any video footage I can provide about cyclist driver issues. Given what I've read and that Warne is a Ch9 celebrity and that they have effectively screwed the TdU I will not be ringing them back. I'll probably send a short SMS telling them I do not believe that they can or will offer a balanced story for the aforementioned reasons.
Rather than just a text, I'd be telling them exactly why, personally. A simple text doesn't do justice to any of our side of the argument - not regarding Warne's attitude, or the TDU, or the general culture against cyclist, or Grimshaw's practical dismissal that there is a story other than Shane's.....

Forget video footage - tell Ch9 straight up - "their effort just ain't good enough".

(or give me the contact number and I'll do it :) )

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

wow, warney is toast over this one.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Oxford wrote:I've been contacted by Ch9 this morning in relation to this matter for my comment and any video footage I can provide about cyclist driver issues. Given what I've read and that Warne is a Ch9 celebrity and that they have effectively screwed the TdU I will not be ringing them back. I'll probably send a short SMS telling them I do not believe that they can or will offer a balanced story for the aforementioned reasons.

I never really liked Warne now I just have more reasons to dislike him.
lay the boot in Oxford!