Stolen- BeOne black carbon road bike , Ultegra G/S

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
nayfen

Stolen- BeOne black carbon road bike , Ultegra G/S

Postby nayfen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Be on the lookout kids. Not your average off the shelf brand frame in Australia
Was stolen from my unit (Auchenflower Brisbane) this morning plus other stuff.
Front door was forced entry. Destroyed the lock and door in the process. Thankfully neighbour disturbed them and got a description plus police obtained DNA sample from the scene.

BeOne Black carbon race bike
Shimano Ultegra SL groupset
Dura Ace C24 wheelset
3t bar and stem
Look Keo max pedals (White)
Garmin 500
Ayup lights
Mavic road shoes (black)

Baalzamon

Re: Stolen- BeOne black carbon road bike , Ultegra G/S

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Ouch
Hope you get it back, or at least you got house insurance covering it....
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

sandberry

Postby sandberry » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:49 pm

nayfen wrote:Be on the lookout kids. Not your average off the shelf brand frame in Australia
Was stolen from my unit (Auchenflower Brisbane) this morning plus other stuff.
Front door was forced entry. Destroyed the lock and door in the process. Thankfully neighbour disturbed them and got a description plus police obtained DNA sample from the scene.

BeOne Black carbon race bike
Shimano Ultegra SL groupset
Dura Ace C24 wheelset
3t bar and stem
Look Keo max pedals (White)
Garmin 500
Ayup lights
Mavic road shoes (black)
That's terrible to hear, it almost sounds as though they knew what they were after (or were at least a cyclist) since they took the clipless shoes as well. Have you got a photo of it to circulate?

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 pm

bit gutted but thankfully no one injured and only material stuff that can be replaced by insurance.
I work an early morning shift and get home early. My wife works office hours. There is only a very small window oportunity about an hour where no one is home? The police suggested a car/van was used because of speed of get away and the number of heavy/bulky items. they had a patrol car in the area at the time of the 000 call by neighbour. They also said a bit uncommon for a front door in a block of units to be targeted.

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Mine is the one on the right. It had shimano dura ace cl24 wheels at the time of theft not the carbon clinchers as pictured.

wizardhat

Postby wizardhat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 pm

sandberry wrote:That's terrible to hear, it almost sounds as though they knew what they were after (or were at least a cyclist) since they took the clipless shoes as well. Have you got a photo of it to circulate?
Most likely targeted theft. Do you live in one of the high rise apartment complexes Nayfen? One of my colleagues lives in one and has had a couple of run-ins with people trying to get into the secure parking to steal bicycles and whatever else people are silly enough to leave down there. I reckon there's a good chance they saw you riding that fancy looking bicycle back to your apartment and that made you a target :(.

We once had a guy shimmy up the drain pipe onto our balcony (we were on the second floor) and try to steal our bicycles and break into the apartment. Fortunately we woke up and scared him off - he dropped a bag of goodies from next door, who were relieved to get their gear back! It sucked to have to lock my bicycle up on my own balcony :(.

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:52 pm

The bike was inside my unit. They put a crow bar into the door and tore the locks out of the timber front door. 5 other units in the block But they knew which one to target. Thats not lucky dip?

rwibi

Postby rwibi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm

what kind lock do you use?

nayfen

Postby nayfen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm

gainsbrough. The locks were still relatively intact. The intruder/s split the timber door and prized the locks out. new door new locks now

Gio

Postby Gio » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:37 am

Hey Nayfen,

How did you go mate, did you get your gear back? Where in Auchenflower was this taken from? I live in Auchenflower too :(

So many scum bags out there...