TdU Channel Nine coverage

CommuRider

Re: TdU Channel Nine coverage

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Vossie shut up during the anthem. The more you talk the more you sound like an idiot.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

HAHAHAHAHAH there's a CUDO ad on now - given that its CEO supported Warney's anti-cyclist rant (yes run us all over why don't you)....what a joke!

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 pm

F@rK Vossie's interviewing Merckxy boy!!! Bloody hell, get Phil to interview him!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 pm

"Cut your leg off or die" Tracy Grimshaw returns with aca for her first major interview of the year :lol:

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Parrott wrote:"Cut your leg off or die" Tracy Grimshaw returns with aca for her first major interview of the year :lol:
I don't see her interviewing family members of dead cyclists that have been run over or doored.

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Well that might make the bogan audience uncomfortable and they won't watch

Had to laugh at the tabloid headline for her first interview though

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Bloody ell. The SA Premier makes his concluding awards presentation in an ill fitting short sleeved shirt, not tucked in.... in stark contrast to everyone else. Not a good call.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 pm

PawPaw wrote:Bloody ell. The SA Premier makes his concluding awards presentation in an ill fitting short sleeved shirt, not tucked in.... in stark contrast to everyone else. Not a good call.
:D

Fish out of water. Need more experience to project South Oz as not some backward region....so out of depth, sorry provincial. Lol. Quite cute but quaint. This is probably his state's premier international sporting event and he was dressed for a BBQ. Nothing wrong with that but c'mon some professionalism would have been nice.

Reminds me of The Simpsons Australia episode. Lol. I'm not cringeing. Really. I guess it is intimidating surrounded by all those fit elite athletes. :wink:

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Didnt watch any TDU but was listening on ABC Radio :-)
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Agree with those comments about the 2 AFL footballers. I don't like either of them but thats beside the point. Their input/comments about cycling in general were irrelevant. I was half expecting that moron Newman to appear. The ads were thick and fast and irritating to say the least. At least recording it enabled me to fast forward them which was a small positive. I was annoyed that the gap times were only updated at random. Overall I don't want to nitpick about who wore what shirt or who said what but as a whole it was very disappointing.

open roader

Postby open roader » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 pm

(Sunday afternoon) oh, there is some cycling on the telly now.......... very nice of you Channel 9........... :roll:

TDU4SBSASAP...........
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 pm

PawPaw wrote:Bloody ell. The SA Premier makes his concluding awards presentation in an ill fitting short sleeved shirt, not tucked in.... in stark contrast to everyone else. Not a good call.

The presentations wasn't shown in Brisbane...Ch 9 cut to some pathetic show about the surf-live-savers...it's not like it couldn't wait another 30 mins to be shown :roll:

Poor effort Ch 9 :evil:
Lisa

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 pm

TdU highlights on SBS now. Enormous difference in quality.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:13 pm

CommuRider wrote:TdU highlights on SBS now. Enormous difference in quality.

We Queenslander's have to wait another hour to watch...due to no daylight savings time here :roll:
Lisa

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm

marinmomma wrote:

The presentations wasn't shown in Brisbane...Ch 9 cut to some pathetic show about the surf-live-savers...it's not like it couldn't wait another 30 mins to be shown :roll:

I am in Brisbane and saw Simon Gerrans being presented with the TDU winners trophy by the SA premier in stated ill fitting shirt :?

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:
marinmomma wrote:

I am in Brisbane and saw Simon Gerrans being presented with the TDU winners trophy by the SA premier in stated ill fitting shirt :?

really??? I'm embarassed now :roll: Maybe I was too quick to change to the tennis....

Bowing out of this thread now..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Lisa

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 pm

CommuRider wrote:TdU highlights on SBS now.
Thought I read somewhere that SBS sent down 9 staff even though they didn't have the rights. Their commitment to cycling is much appreciated.
FPR Ragamuffin

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Chuck wrote:
Thought I read somewhere that SBS sent down 9 staff even though they didn't have the rights. Their commitment to cycling is much appreciated.
Though Ads for the national champs are a little embarrassing :P
FPR Ragamuffin

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Chuck wrote:
Even the much-maligned Anthony Tan's reporting is street aheads of Voss.

Not sure what to make of TdF's Prudhomme's visit...hope he keeps the coverage with SBS not do what TdU did. I mean, relationships I hope still count. SBS kept with cycling through the highs and lows. Something the TdU organisers threw away.

Great reporting now by Sophie Smith on UniSA's team. Something in a million years C9 would never touch or sentimentalise and overpackage. Hope the team continues on next year.

As for next year's coverage, I wonder if the TdU can negotiate whereby SBS gets the weekdays while C9 gets the weekend when they can actually show the TdU properly. It is really illogical to have handed it to a network who likes to spoil all other sports including this one to spite their rivals and the fans just lose out in the end.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 pm

CommuRider wrote:Not sure what to make of TdF's Prudhomme's visit...
The ASO is an owner of the TDU, so I would be surprised if he didn't come to look at what they'd bought into.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:27 pm

All I can say is that coverage 9 did of the TDU was abysmal and pathetic they should be ashamed.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:13 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:All I can say is that coverage 9 did of the TDU was abysmal and pathetic they should be ashamed.
Which sporting event coverage have you been impressed and happy with? Personally I thought it was pretty decent. At the same time, it's always hard to please everyone... Or rather impossible. :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 pm

sogood wrote:
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:All I can say is that coverage 9 did of the TDU was abysmal and pathetic they should be ashamed.
Which sporting event coverage have you been impressed and happy with? Personally I thought it was pretty decent. At the same time, it's always hard to please everyone... Or rather impossible. :mrgreen:
SBS World Cup coverage was pretty good except for the ex-pro idiots that pass as presenter/pundits.

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 pm

I want to know why Mike Turtur and the TDU organisers allowed the jersey to be presented to Simon Gerrans on the street for the benefit of the TV cameras (presumably) before the official presentation on the stage. 14 years of tradition blown out the window, Can you imagine the ASO doing that at the TdF.

norbs

Postby norbs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Did Andrew Voss cut Matt White off at the end? Seemed to end in an awful hurry.