STCC racing for age 50 and over

master6

STCC racing for age 50 and over

Postby master6 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Sunday 29/1/2012, 9am start at Richmond Football club. If you dont have a CA licence, buy a 3 race licence for $44. Race entry fee is $5. Not too serious/ no sheep station on offer. Come and give it a try.

RobRollin

Re: STCC racing for age 50 and over

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 am

sweet I will be there...the over 50's do the 50k route and the over 30s the 40k route right?

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 am

RobRollin wrote:sweet I will be there...the over 50's do the 50k route and the over 30s the 40k route right?
Sounds good. We might have a few "over 50" riders who have not raced for a while, and hopefully the field can "assist" where required to get everyone to the finish together. :D

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm

I'be heard Master6 your in a peak training phase atm.

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 pm

RobRollin wrote:I'be heard Master6 your in a peak training phase atm.
Not today. Jeans birthday; we walked the dog on the beach. Rest of day spent trying to improve 12 volt performance in frig in caravan.

Riding tomorrow.

Spread the word to anyone over 50 with a bike Rob.

skull

Postby skull » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

you're not over 50 master6

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 am

skull wrote:you're not over 50 master6
No, but I can remember when I was. :D

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Looks like its a race between Master6 and Rey! :D

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 pm

I am predicting, and hoping, for an eight man dead heat. Sadly, 4 will be disqualified for crossing the white line. The other 15 starters will be 0.3 seconds behind the winners. :)

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm

I should make it clear here that I am not a committee member of STCC, and my comments are simply private and personal thoughts, supported by some of my cycling mates.
Last Sunday the first such event was conducted. Ray Appleby, Brian Palmer, Rod Hartridge, Mike Logan, Eric Jarrett, and myself took part. As you might expect, some suggestions on how to improve the event have since come to light, and five of us had a chat at Richmond on wednesday. As a result, we have been in touch with Nigel and his committee, and the roster has been revised to have 50+ events coincide with scratch race days, rather than handicap days. This avoids clashing with feature events such as Norske Skog, Hell of the South ,etc.
Importantly, the nature of 50+ events has been changed to scratch event, without grades, and controlled to the speed of the slowest rider until 5 to 10 km prior to the finish. At this point racing in earnest will commence. The exact location of this "start of racing" point will be explained in the pre race instructional address. (When at Richmond, it probably would be from Finger Post Rd.)

This new format will make it more attractive to people who do limited training. They will be assured of a comfortable ride in company with the entire field for most of the event, and have no more than 10km of hectic racing at the end.

Go to the STCC site to view the latest roster.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm

master6 wrote:I should make it clear here that I am not a committee member of STCC, and my comments are simply private and personal thoughts, supported by some of my cycling mates.
Last Sunday the first such event was conducted. Ray Appleby, Brian Palmer, Rod Hartridge, Mike Logan, Eric Jarrett, and myself took part. As you might expect, some suggestions on how to improve the event have since come to light, and five of us had a chat at Richmond on wednesday. As a result, we have been in touch with Nigel and his committee, and the roster has been revised to have 50+ events coincide with scratch race days, rather than handicap days. This avoids clashing with feature events such as Norske Skog, Hell of the South ,etc.
Importantly, the nature of 50+ events has been changed to scratch event, without grades, and controlled to the speed of the slowest rider until 5 to 10 km prior to the finish. At this point racing in earnest will commence. The exact location of this "start of racing" point will be explained in the pre race instructional address. (When at Richmond, it probably would be from Finger Post Rd.)

This new format will make it more attractive to people who do limited training. They will be assured of a comfortable ride in company with the entire field for most of the event, and have no more than 10km of hectic racing at the end.

Go to the STCC site to view the latest roster.

**please note that this will be the 51+ as of next year do to the Taxman :D
when do we stop for coffee???