Dietary Suppliment?

TriggerFish

Dietary Suppliment?

Postby TriggerFish » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:34 pm

So I am on a drive to get fit and lose weight. I took JC out for a spin today. I followed the lead of some here and gave my bike a name that suited. Her name is Jenny....Jenny Craig to be more accurate as she is helping me with my wieght loss program.

So Jenny and I are out for a ride this morning and we are ploughing uphill into a stiff breeze (doesn't that make a difference!), we struggle to the top and are just about to start a long downhill stretch with the hope of new top speed record. Suddenly an object that feels the size of a small apple wedges itself at the top of my throat and begins to struggle for its existance. I spent the remaineder of said long downhill run trying to free the bug, no doubt much smaller that an apple from the back of my throat, mostly through involuntary gagging..... :shock:

So do I count the bug that ended up in my gut in my food diary for the day? What are people's thoughts on the unwanted hitchikers that seem to join me at least once an outing on the bike?

pugsly

Postby pugsly » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Hey TF, I hear you on the weight loss thing. The problem I'm having is the more I exercise, the hungrier I get.. Ah well.

As for your problem with hitchhikers in your mouth - there was a thread on here a little while back with crazy Germany inventions, and there was on that would help you. :lol:

I rode to the gym this afternoon for a swim and hit a stiff headwind - and yes, it makes a hell of a difference! It was good on the way home though. :)

As for counting the bug for your daily intake - I think you'll find a lot of bugs are high in protein and carbohydrates - but without an identification of the exact bug type, it's only going to be a guess. ;)

MJF

Postby MJF » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:41 pm

I'd say "don't cycle with your mouth open", but I know how hard it is for us unfit buggers. I try and breathe in thru my nose and out from the mouth in these situations. BTW - avoid lake Ginninderra, it has swarms of those annoying little bugs (mayflies?) at the moment.

Michael.

tinstaafl

Postby tinstaafl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:34 am

Cute but a scarf works better.

Robert

TriggerFish

Postby TriggerFish » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:01 am

So stylish.

I have noticed the increased appetite....not that I thought it was possible....since undertaking more excercise. I figure I will get the balance right soon.

I ride around Lake Burley Griffin and the little buggers are there as well! If I manage to spot them in the sunlight quick enough, it's batton down the hatches.

MJF

Postby MJF » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:41 am

tinstaafl wrote:Cute but a scarf works better.

Robert
There are limits to how weird I want to look. 30+ degrees in the shade and a scarf over the mouth just doesn't look right. Mind you, I did see someone the other month with one of those cheap home renovators face masks on.

Michael.

tinstaafl

Postby tinstaafl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:39 am

Canberra shouldn't have too many heat problems for too long but a light Buff Scarf isn't very hot and just pulls up over the mouth in a split second to block bugs or splatter.

Robert

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Why do these things happen just after the "work" section and just before the "fun" section?

Enjoy eating more, listen to your body. You'll burn it off if you get the ratios right. :wink: