Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

il padrone

Re: Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Postby il padrone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 am

I doubt we will hear much more - likely to be an out of court settlement with confidentiality clause.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

:lol:

Tweets as form of evidence?

Glad he finally decided to come out. His account was 10x more articulate than Shame's. Now, I wonder if the court will expose SW's ignorance of road rules. Get back into a chauffeur-driven Merc Shane! You are a menace on the road!

C'mon Mexican cyclists, make a presence in the court.

Karma, karma, karma.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 am

Hangdog98 wrote:Here's my plan. As a national day of protest and to put this nonsense about cyclists causing traffic distruption to bed once and for all, I propose a 'Leave your bike at home" day for all commuter cyclists who own and pay rego on their cars (about 97% of us I'm told) and take the car to work instead. In Sydney this will add about 120,000 cars into the traffic mix and bring the city to its knees. Every major arterial in both Sydney and Melbourne will be reduced to a car park as cyclists take their rightful place alongside those who 'own the road' and crawl along it at 5kph to work each day.

You'll need to alert your boss that you'll be late and there will be parking problems.

The message has to be; "Be nice to cyclists or they'll drive to work" or perhaps "Hey Warnie, put some spin on this" :lol:
LOL - I've suggested this a few times over the years.

Tempting, very tempting.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:28 am

il padrone wrote:I doubt we will hear much more - likely to be an out of court settlement with confidentiality clause.
The cyclist does not have to agree with the confidentiality clause. He would have to be very convincing to make me sign a clause like that..... something that would pay off my mortgage for example.

Jon

squeakywheel

Postby squeakywheel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:33 am

Lots of "run the cyclist oxygen thieves down" comments being generated on twitter.
I dont think a guilty finding will change many people's minds unfortunately.....

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am

silkishuge wrote:The cyclist does not have to agree with the confidentiality clause. He would have to be very convincing to make me sign a clause like that..... something that would pay off my mortgage for example.
which is probably what he's hoping for. i think the evidence shows who was the culprit here, but i'm withholding my judgment on the motivations of mr holingsworth. still, it's a free country, i'm not complaining if he fleeces warnie. some people deserve to be taken for a ride, so to speak.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am

nikkie wrote:Lots of "run the cyclist oxygen thieves down" comments being generated on twitter.
Say What

Now I know why I have not bothered looking at this Twatter-thing. And never shall.

Lotsa trash making crap comment in the good ol' Feral Hun too.
Last edited by il padrone on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am

nikkie wrote:Lots of "run the cyclist oxygen thieves down" comments being generated on twitter.
I dont think a guilty finding will change many people's minds unfortunately.....
Nothing new there mate, somethings never change.
Happy Days

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 am

Ok peeps, would appreciate your input in proposed Advocacy section for the forum as a result of this incident and many others besides.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=49062

Old and Rusty

Postby Old and Rusty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 am

Now they're calling it a "road rage incident". Pitty the cops didn't see it that way...

http://www.news.com.au/national/shane-w ... 6257820499
"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 am

il padrone wrote:
WT?

Now I know why I have not bothered looking at this Twatter-thing. And never shall.

Lotsa trash making crap comment in the good ol' Feral Hun too.
It was because of SW's Twitter rant that prompted the action from the aggrieved:
"Mr Hollingsworth's lawyer, George Defteros, today said it was Warne's very public outburst on Twitter about the heated run-in on St Kilda Road that prompted the cyclist to reveal his identity and make a claim "I think in a way it was brought on by Twitter more than anything else," Mr Defteros told radio station 3AW.

"There's an incident and then all of a sudden it's out there in the public domain very, very quickly. I'm not saying that anyone's at fault for this coming out the way it has but, be that as it may, it has come out so we want to put our version of events across really."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/cele ... z1kzUpvl1n

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one.

diggler

Postby diggler » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 am

jules21 wrote:
silkishuge wrote:The cyclist does not have to agree with the confidentiality clause. He would have to be very convincing to make me sign a clause like that..... something that would pay off my mortgage for example.
which is probably what he's hoping for. i think the evidence shows who was the culprit here, but i'm withholding my judgment on the motivations of mr holingsworth. still, it's a free country, i'm not complaining if he fleeces warnie. some people deserve to be taken for a ride, so to speak.
I'm guessing it is just like any car accident. Warney's insurance company writes a cheque. He's only asking for the cost of damage to the bike.
Motorists hate cyclists and cyclists hate the motorists and the pedestrians hate the bikers and everybody hates the trucks.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 am

Love this tweet:
JohnJohnsonson John Johnsonson
Hi @warne888, what is your reaction to the cyclist suing and will you be filing your defence via Twitter, tks
I wonder if the court finds in favour of the cyclist, the judge can compel SW to post an apology on his Twitter account?

zero

Postby zero » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

CommuRider wrote:Love this tweet:
JohnJohnsonson John Johnsonson
Hi @warne888, what is your reaction to the cyclist suing and will you be filing your defence via Twitter, tks
I wonder if the court finds in favour of the cyclist, the judge can compel SW to post an apology on his Twitter account?
No, not possible.

its a civil matter about making good damage caused to an item. It is however hilarious how quickly the newspapers turned on him though.

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 pm

you'll find that the people that post such comments, are the type to always complain no matter what the subject; They would argue that the sky was green.. just for the sake of having an opinion or even worst, feel some what self- important. (example being Warne :lol: :lol: :lol: )

It always amazes me why the even bother. Its like a crank going round 'n' round to me :P
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Old and Rusty wrote:Now they're calling it a "road rage incident". Pitty the cops didn't see it that way...

http://www.news.com.au/national/shane-w ... 6257820499
Still a pretty biased report from News. :(

Nate

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 pm

I'll move to Melbourne - that'll sort him out.

Why the heck wasnt it a hit & run???
He deliberately drove his car into a person???

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Nate wrote:I'll move to Melbourne - that'll sort him out.

Why the heck wasnt it a hit & run???
He deliberately drove his car into a person???
Answer:

A) It's not important, it's only a cyclist involved
B) It's a celebrity involved, they don't do bad things

/sarcasm

Evetsllub

Postby Evetsllub » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 pm

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/01/w ... d-innings/

The guys scored some new wheels out of it... he's done alright!

r2160

Postby r2160 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Just to add to this, some might remember that I was assaulted in May 2011.

27 WEEKS LATER, the police had finally got a photographic lineup for me to look at. I might mention that of the 12 photos that I looked at, they might have all been brothers. In that time the person had changed their appearance completely and it was impossible for me to identify him.

The police just arent interested. I wonder what would have happened if I had retaliated and given the guy something to think about. I bet the police would have been quick to have me arrested . . .

I hope this guy gets Shane Warne and then some

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Evetsllub wrote:http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/01/w ... d-innings/

The guys scored some new wheels out of it... he's done alright!
That's a bloody offensive view for my reckoning! :x

He has not DONE ALRIGHT. He got hit by a toss pot driver in a flash car, who then ranted publically about how he was hard done by to alleviate responsibility.

Another organisation made some calls to get this guy back on the road. Now sure - he could have simply said thanks I'll take those and be done with it.

He's looking for justice, and for Swarne Enemey to pull his fricken head in and apologise, and/or admit his wrongness. If this guy gets the $1500 or so, who knows - it might go back to BV as a donation. He might buy a bike for a disadvantaged kid. Or he might indulge himself in a little velo pleasure. It's not like Swarney is short a quid - after all he seems able to afford lots of money for tanning salons and diet shakes.....

Either way - turning the tables on the blonde one's selfish attitude deserves a little bit of good reward. Karma perhaps? :)
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

Old and Rusty

Postby Old and Rusty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 pm

r2160 wrote:Just to add to this, some might remember that I was assaulted in May 2011.

27 WEEKS LATER, the police had finally got a photographic lineup for me to look at. I might mention that of the 12 photos that I looked at, they might have all been brothers. In that time the person had changed their appearance completely and it was impossible for me to identify him.

The police just arent interested. I wonder what would have happened if I had retaliated and given the guy something to think about. I bet the police would have been quick to have me arrested . . .

I hope this guy gets Shane Warne and then some

cheers
Glenn
I subscribe to the theory that in an altercation, if only one person is conscious or one is beaten so severely that they don't remember the conflict then the police only have one story to worry about :D
The sad fact is in this day and age you need to consider you may be fighting for your life.
"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Have I misunderstood? Is Eddie-Eddy Everywhere decided $1500 is a cheap way to avoid the truth being discovered? Cheep cheep Shane :x

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm

My one and only Shane Warne experience happened a few years ago at Qantas Valet parking in Melbourne.

He pulled-up in his BMW X5, jumped out, threw the keys to an attendant, walked inside to the line at the check-in desk (myself and my colleagues) and tried to queue jump, saying he had a flight to catch and he was running late.

Everyone ignored him so he sulked at the back of the queue. Later I saw him relaxing in Qantas Club having a drink and chatting on his mobile. So much for that flight for which he was running late.

Good luck, Mr Cyclist. I hope you get the win you deserve.
Not my circus, not my monkeys

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 pm

sounds about right, GM. i mentioned earlier that he has a reputation for hiring tradies then just not paying them. he's got a grossly inflated sense of self importance and entitlement.