2012 ACF BIKE JOURNAL fit gits on bikes fun comp

Livetoride

Re: 2012 ACF BIKE JOURNAL fit gits on bikes fun comp

Postby Livetoride » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hey all,
Just a quick note, if when you join bike journal with a name that is not the exact same as here pls state that name on BJ.
Happy Days

oldnewby

Postby oldnewby » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

hey ltr, I posted earlier on in this thread, and in the 6k thread, my bike journal name is nath2827. Do you need me to put "oldnewby" on bike journal somewhere?
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels"

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm

oldnewby wrote:hey ltr, I posted earlier on in this thread, and in the 6k thread, my bike journal name is nath2827. Do you need me to put "oldnewby" on bike journal somewhere?
All good mate that's grand. Just so you can be identified that's all.
Thanks mate
Happy Days

takeitasread

Postby takeitasread » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Still no banner for me. Any help most appreciated. :roll:

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 pm

takeitasread wrote:Still no banner for me. Any help most appreciated. :roll:
I'll send you a message n Monday with a step by step to get it working. Not at my computer at the mo.
Happy Days

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Livetoride wrote:Hey all,
Just a quick note, if when you join bike journal with a name that is not the exact same as here pls state that name on BJ.
Hi LTR,
many thanks for trying to debug all the problems we have created. also have similar issue to takeitasread, thought i had followed all the instructions but obviously i HAVE missed something. i have checked spelling and case in signature line, not sure if there was a space anywhere so have carefully changed my login on BJ to Coffeandwine and updated my signature line (i know there is a typo and case change, have been cutting and pasting. will wait for update at midnight.

So, new BJ name is Coffeandwine and goal is 6000km.

Off for another ride in morning to get at least the 40km i need to meet 500km target for month, i have found this very public goal and everyone's banter quite inspiring.

thanks and cheers
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm

coffeeandwine wrote:
Hi LTR,
many thanks for trying to debug all the problems we have created. also have similar issue to takeitasread, thought i had followed all the instructions but obviously i HAVE missed something. i have checked spelling and case in signature line, not sure if there was a space anywhere so have carefully changed my login on BJ to Coffeandwine and updated my signature line (i know there is a typo and case change, have been cutting and pasting. will wait for update at midnight.

Off for another ride in morning to get at least the 40km i need to meet 500km target for month, i have found this very public goal and everyone's banter quite inspiring.

thanks and cheers
Your sig is wrong, then again I might have got the cases mixed up before.

You will notice my bike journal user name is DavidSSS, however my login is all lower case. It's the username which matters. Your bike journal name is coffeeandwine. Now the link in your sig is: http://philip.whatsbeef.net/bike/bna/Coffeandwine.jpg That upper case C has to go, try http://philip.whatsbeef.net/bike/bna/coffeandwine.jpg and see how it goes.

In fact, I'll try it now and see if it works tonight, here goes:

Could end up with egg on my face trying this but what the hell . . .

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

coffeeandwine wrote:
Hi LTR,

thanks and cheers
Hey Mate, just checked you on BJ and you are in there as coffeeandwine as your user name is here. Will be posting a few notes here in a few minutes which are the usual suspects for the sig not working. Outside of that I'm really not sure whats happened.
Happy Days

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Mate you're club association on bike journal (BJ) is ACF (another cycling forum), The correct club is Australian cycling forums. This could be why you're sig is not working correctly. Try this and give it till the role over time and it should be right mate.
Happy Days

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:00 pm

These steps should fix all and any sig problems, if not, I'm not sure what else it could be.

1. Ensure you BJ and BNA name are exactly the same.
2. Set a 2012 goal on BJ
3. Have your 2012 target set and set it to public on BJ (you have to set it in your profile by unchecking the "Keep my goals private" checkbox)
4. Also check that you are following the instructions in placing your signature correctly on here, it should look like the below example.
Signature example

BJ tutorial
http://bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23894

BJ profile screen grab showing how your profile should look like

If all these are followed, you're profile should be right by the next click over which will be 12 midnight tonight.

Good luck !!
Happy Days

takeitasread

Postby takeitasread » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Livetoride wrote:
Mate you're club association on bike journal (BJ) is ACF (another cycling forum), The correct club is Australian cycling forums. This could be why you're sig is not working correctly. Try this and give it till the role over time and it should be right mate.
Alrightey, thanks for that, done that now so fingers crossed all should be good. Somebody on here told me to join ACF so naively I joined ACF. You're advice about the correct club was most appreciated. :D

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

takeitasread wrote:
Livetoride wrote:
Alrightey, thanks for that, done that now so fingers crossed all should be good. Somebody on here told me to join ACF so naively I joined ACF. You're advice about the correct club was most appreciated. :D
No drama's mate, happy days. just make sure you've also followed the step by step above this post just to be sure to sure.
Happy Days

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm

DavidS wrote:
coffeeandwine wrote:
Hi LTR,

thanks and cheers
Your sig is wrong, then again I might have got the cases mixed up before.

You will notice my bike journal user name is DavidSSS, however my login is all lower case. It's the username which matters. Your bike journal name is coffeeandwine. Now the link in your sig is: http://philip.whatsbeef.net/bike/bna/Coffeandwine.jpg That upper case C has to go, try http://philip.whatsbeef.net/bike/bna/coffeandwine.jpg and see how it goes.

In fact, I'll try it now and see if it works tonight, here goes:

Could end up with egg on my face trying this but what the hell . . .

DS

Ok, trying again! Wonder if I have to wait until midnight to look for more egg ;)

You don't have to have the names the same on BJ and here but that does mean that you need to make sure you have the name correct in the sig. I've changed the above to put the upper case C back as it matches your BJ user name. You know your BJ name has only one e in coffee.

Maybe I'll try it with a second e.

DS

Edit: sorry coffeeandwine, I can't work it out.
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

takeitasread

Postby takeitasread » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:38 am

Woo hoo! Finally.

Thanks all, particularly Livetoride.

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 am

Hey All,
goneriding mentioned to me the other day that we (BNA) clocked 1,626,00K last year, awesome work I reckon. Thought we would have a target of 1,800,000 this year. Its a big effort but hey, we can do it right :) :) Anyhow, we're on 137,086 thus far so a bit of work to do. I'll log the weekly K's clocked here every Friday..

Happy riding all would be pretty impressive to hit this target :D :D
Happy Days

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 am

takeitasread wrote:Woo hoo! Finally.

Thanks all, particularly Livetoride.
Also up and running with the banner. Many thanks to Live to Ride (legend!), dave and all others who offered help to get the progress bar up. :D

Great motivator to stay in front of the little red arrow, 531km for month and 5400m of climbing at a very relaxed pace :wink:

cheers
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:02 am

After 1 month I'm right on track for my yearly target, Managed 1000.85k in Jan. Happy with that as I had 1 pretty quiet week on Holidays in Mildura. Really trying not to go to much over 12,000k's for the year, need time with family and yard duties.

Martin
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

Brownster

Postby Brownster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 am

Can my username be added to log km's

BNA - Brownster
BJ - Brownster141

Cheers

Michael

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 am

Brownster wrote:Can my username be added to log km's

BNA - Brownster
BJ - Brownster141

Cheers

Michael
Hey mate, noticed you're K'ometer' isn't working, I think you may need to look at my post earlier on this page with the step by step guide as to how to get it working. Let me know if you have any further trouble with it.
Happy Days

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

K's logged in the past week
Week - 23,113 K's logged
Per day - 3,301 K's logged
Happy Days

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:02 am

I really do like the way this bar works under my sig. If I post by bulk ride and then check back sometime later it shows my ranking rather generously. Not because I am that good but simply because at that time my log is up to date while many others are not. :mrgreen:

So, according to the ranking atm I am 91st in the BNA club. I'm not of high moral fibre so I will happily claim that spot.

And on the world scale I am 684th, simply because all those yanks have so far been in their miserable icy winter. So I'll claim that one too. :twisted:
Last edited by ColinOldnCranky on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:I really do like the way this bar works under my sig. If I post by bulk ride and then check back sometime later it shows my ranking rather generously. Not because I am that good but simply because at that time my log is up to date while many others are not. :mrgreen:

So, according to the ranking atm I am 91st in the BNA club. I'm not of high moral fibre so I will happily claim that spot. :twisted:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Days

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:08 am

Of course, as the year gets longer the effect drops off. :cry: At that stage I become modest and declare that it's not about competition anyway.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

saintdarth

Postby saintdarth » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey ColinOldnCranky are all your miles on the unicyle?

that's got to earn extra points

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:59 pm

saintdarth wrote:Hey ColinOldnCranky are all your miles on the unicyle?

that's got to earn extra points
+1 surely double....?