Ride like crazy 2012

eeksll

Re: Ride like crazy 2012

Postby eeksll » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 pm

I think you just need to relax a little. Its a pubilc ride consisting of recreational riders and most (including myself) who never ride in a bunch. Not to mention I have done the last 3 TDU's and have never seen any order and so be it, I have just learnt to accept it.

I spent the last TDU avoiding all groups cause I got knocked off while riding in the middle of a group last year. It was much more physically taxing and that was fine with me. I found it much more enjoyable than my normal weekend ride.

Commuting wise we just all need to be more patient. I totally agree that by percentage cyclist a far less patient than drivers. Just ask the question "why do you commute to work?" I bet you more than 3/4 will say its faster than the bus/drive as the main reason.

AND rego ain't going to do crap, cyclists are the way they are cause they are more maneuverable, putting a registration number on them wont change a thing. For example have you ever reported a car for not giving way?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 am

eeksll wrote:I think you just need to relax a little. Its a pubilc ride consisting of recreational riders and most (including myself) who never ride in a bunch. Not to mention I have done the last 3 TDU's and have never seen any order and so be it, I have just learnt to accept it.

Sorry, but I disgree strongly.

Each to their own though, and if you are happy, then that's great.

liamb

Postby liamb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm

AND rego ain't going to do crap, cyclists are the way they are cause they are more maneuverable, putting a registration number on them wont change a thing. For example have you ever reported a car for not giving way?[/quote]

well eeksll the crash I was involved in was caused by cyclists as reported by eyewitness's but as I was the one who hit a car to avoid them I am 100% to blame as there is no way to contact the cyclists who caused it! I may have to go to court and it will forever be on my driving record for something I did not cause!!!. I dont like the idea of number plates or rego but put yourself in my shoes, I hit a car with kids in it and feel terrible even though the road accident investigator has stated in her report I was not at fault!. I am hoping the lady's lawyers can find a way to catch the gutless wonders but no one was able chase them down we were all trying to help the lady and kids and non of them were wearing club or very odd jerseys!!!

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 pm

liamb wrote:
eeksll wrote:AND rego ain't going to do crap, cyclists are the way they are cause they are more maneuverable, putting a registration number on them wont change a thing. For example have you ever reported a car for not giving way?
well eeksll the crash I was involved in was caused by cyclists as reported by eyewitness's but as I was the one who hit a car to avoid them I am 100% to blame as there is no way to contact the cyclists who caused it! I may have to go to court and it will forever be on my driving record for something I did not cause!!!. I dont like the idea of number plates or rego but put yourself in my shoes, I hit a car with kids in it and feel terrible even though the road accident investigator has stated in her report I was not at fault!. I am hoping the lady's lawyers can find a way to catch the gutless wonders but no one was able chase them down we were all trying to help the lady and kids and non of them were wearing club or very odd jerseys!!!

Bill
I understand what your saying and am not suggesting its your fault, but the sort of mentality that does this (ie a group of cyclist change lanes without looking) is generally with a group and its not likely that anything will come of it, because which individuals of the groups do you chase?

As an aside, I DO know that groups of cyclist do this, so when driving I tend to slow behind them and not pass them until its a clear quick pass, even though they may not be impeding me as I am in another lane. Although its not altogether right for me to do this, I'd rather just be patient than be caught up in a incident like you have.