The other Point Cook rides thread..

The other Point Cook rides thread..

Postby damhooligan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 pm

After coming to the conclusion, that my vieuw of a group ride is to different then the current one already in Point cook
To avoid confusion, I wont be starting at same time at the same location as the other ride.

I am going to see if there is enough interest in creating a different groupride, one more designed for the novice to intermediate.
Also, I would like to see if there is enough interest in making this a 80km ride, going west passing the youyangs...
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/youyangs-1 (p.s. I wil ride this route 04-02-2012)
One of the bigger benefits of this direction is the lack of traffic, wich suits those that are not that confidence with traffic and roads like point cook road.
The main focus wil be riding the distance, and there wil be no pressure on minimum speeds.. (that being said, I wil try and make you ride as hard as you can, :wink: )
And while doing so, it wil also be a good way to ride together and gain experience riding in a group.

The distance is not decided at this stage,as it wil depend on the amount of interest.

So if interested; anyone is welcome to join. :D
Just post here, or shoot me a pm. 8)

Kind Regards, Johan
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!
damhooligan

by BNA » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

BNA

Re: The other Point Cook rides thread..

Postby wallaby » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi ya Johan,

How was your ride today?

I'm not free on Saturdays for a few weeks but would love to have a go at this route, like I've mentioned before, sometime by the end of February (as I certainly can't maintain 30 km/h for an entire ride). :D Wondering if you wanted to ride this route instead on Wednesday? Just let me know.

Cheers,
Kym
Kym
2012 Giant Avail 1 (black and white, not pink!)
wallaby

Re: The other Point Cook rides thread..

Postby damhooligan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 pm

wallaby wrote:Hi ya Johan,

How was your ride today?

I'm not free on Saturdays for a few weeks but would love to have a go at this route, like I've mentioned before, sometime by the end of February (as I certainly can't maintain 30 km/h for an entire ride). :D Wondering if you wanted to ride this route instead on Wednesday? Just let me know.

Cheers,
Kym

hiya kym...

If you think you can handle a 80km ride on wednesday, i am more then happy to ride to the yangs ... :D
im good either way. :wink:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!
damhooligan

Return to Victoria