Ideal MTB (See requirements)

kunalraiker

Re: Ideal MTB (See requirements)

Postby kunalraiker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Don't forget that Giant build a large proportion of the other brands bikes too...

Hmmm, a Toyota that can be used comfortably everywhere, every time or a Ferrari that is pretty much useless away from the track.
A fancy name and rich heritage is nice but...
Now that I have some data to run with, I have been reviewing bikes from a different angle.
And it seems like the camber 29er is not up the mark with the equipement as compared to the GIANT.
Finding it really hard to find another brand that is as competitive as the GIANT.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

kunalraiker wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:Don't forget that Giant build a large proportion of the other brands bikes too...

Hmmm, a Toyota that can be used comfortably everywhere, every time or a Ferrari that is pretty much useless away from the track.
Now that I have some data to run with, I have been reviewing bikes from a different angle.
And it seems like the camber 29er is not up the mark with the equipement as compared to the GIANT.
Finding it really hard to find another brand that is as competitive as the GIANT.
:idea: :idea:

sblack

Postby sblack » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm

kunalraiker wrote:

Apollo, Merida and Avanti are other brands that tend to offer good value in component levels. You're unlikely to find them in a LBS that stocks Giant though.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Kenzo wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:

:idea: :idea:
Not to mention the fact that the Trance offers an amazing ride, you said it yourself :mrgreen:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

I think I remember recommending the Trance in the 3rd post of this thread :roll:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Only 'cos you got in first Muggle :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 pm

sblack wrote:
Apollo, Merida and Avanti are other brands that tend to offer good value in component levels. You're unlikely to find them in a LBS that stocks Giant though.[/quote]

I checked them all online, except Avanti, none of the them have dual 29ers.
The Avanti had lesser quality components.

Soo..............GIANT there for now.

ghostpoet

Postby ghostpoet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 pm

This thread is sensational. Seriously. I still can't work out if the OP is serious, seriously lost, getting into MTB for all the wrong reasons, a male hairdresser, drives a riceburner with Mugen stickers on it, missed the fixie thing or just stringing the thread (PTP) out until April the 1st. I am so looking fwd to the climax.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 am

Mulger bill wrote:
:idea: :idea:[/quote]

Not to mention the fact that the Trance offers an amazing ride, you said it yourself :mrgreen:[/quote]

I know, I know.
In fact GIANT were hinting on a TRANCE 29er next here!
But at this stage , don't know....slightly inclined towards the 29er.
What this does sadly is rules out quite a few brands as a result cuz they don't offer dual suspensions on the 29ers.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 am

ghostpoet wrote:This thread is sensational. Seriously. I still can't work out if the OP is serious, seriously lost, getting into MTB for all the wrong reasons, a male hairdresser, drives a riceburner with Mugen stickers on it, missed the fixie thing or just stringing the thread (PTP) out until April the 1st. I am so looking fwd to the climax.
All of the above?

6 pages already :shock: :lol:

alf

Postby alf » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:02 am

ghostpoet wrote:This thread is sensational. Seriously. I still can't work out if the OP is serious, seriously lost, getting into MTB for all the wrong reasons, a male hairdresser, drives a riceburner with Mugen stickers on it, missed the fixie thing or just stringing the thread (PTP) out until April the 1st. I am so looking fwd to the climax.
How can you doubt it, the OP wants something that makes other MTBers go WT? and looks like he is leaning towards getting a Giant, not many of those to be seen out there. :P
kunalraiker wrote: 1. Extremely Stylish ( something that makes the other MTBers go WT?)

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

kunalraiker wrote:....What this does sadly is rules out quite a few brands as a result cuz they don't offer dual suspensions on the 29ers.
There are so many many many brands that DO offer dual suspension 29ers....no need to stop the search with a Giant...not after all this...
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 am

I should have stopped posting here after the first page.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 am

silentbutdeadly wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:....What this does sadly is rules out quite a few brands as a result cuz they don't offer dual suspensions on the 29ers.
There are so many many many brands that DO offer dual suspension 29ers....no need to stop the search with a Giant...not after all this...

Trek is denfinitely one I will be checking out.....

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Ok, finally have decided on the GIANT 29er X0.

The search ends here.........Now to find a dealer who offers interest free installment.
Does anyone know of a dealer in Melbourne that offers the service.

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

kunalraiker wrote:Ok, finally have decided on the GIANT 29er X0.

The search ends here.........Now to find a dealer who offers interest free installment.
Does anyone know of a dealer in Melbourne that offers the service.

There was an LBS in Fitzroy who threatened to install a Specialized in my fundament but I don't think that's what you mean :D

Other than that....congrats on the decision and I look forward to welcoming a new member to the Ubiquitous Collection of Large Fellows....or the AX29 Mob for short
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks mate, we have to zero in on the store now.
May be there are BNA specials around :wink:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am

Wow. A decision. I didn't see that coming :shock: :lol:

Unfortunately, interest free instalments means sacrificing the ability to bargain on purchase price. :(

Happy hunting :D

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 am

I know, but wife would never agree on buying 2 bikes outright, I have to ease the cost in with the installment.

sblack

Postby sblack » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 am

Last time I looked at getting a bike interest free I worked out that it would be cheaper to get it on the credit card as the discount for buying outright was greater than the interest I'd pay on the card.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

sblack wrote:Last time I looked at getting a bike interest free I worked out that it would be cheaper to get it on the credit card as the discount for buying outright was greater than the interest I'd pay on the card.

Hmm interesting to know, will keep that in mind.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

Or just Lay-buy it and pay it off. That's interest free.