Inter club racing

For Roadies

Inter club racing

Postby daveb » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 am

Apologies if this has been covered before - but I couldnt find an answer in a quick search.

I am keen to start racing this year, but am wondering the protocol of joining one club and occassionally racing with another. I ride out at Homebush each Tuesday morning with the guys from LACC (just hanging onto group 4) and really enjoy the bunches out there. I feel that I would like to join LACC to support them given I ride with them each week as well as doing a few races at SOP from time to time ... but the idea of racing out at Heffron with Eastern Suburbs is also an good option especially the Tuesday evening format.

So my question is .... is it OK to join one club (LACC) and occassionally ride in other club races (Eastern Suburbs)? And if so, what is the protocol with regards jerseys and so on ... are there guys riding around Heffron in the very fashionable yellow and black colours of LACC?

And if I am not pushing my luck too much by asking yet another question, if I am riding Group 4 at Homebush on Tuesday, would that make D grade the right place to start?
daveb

by BNA » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

BNA

Re: Inter club racing

Postby philip » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

daveb wrote:So my question is .... is it OK to join one club (LACC) and occassionally ride in other club races (Eastern Suburbs)?

Of course, that's the whole point, to go and steal another clubs winning money! Clubs more than welcome riders from other clubs to race against.

daveb wrote:And if so, what is the protocol with regards jerseys and so on ... are there guys riding around Heffron in the very fashionable yellow and black colours of LACC?

For club racing you can generally wear whatever you like, except heffron, they ask that you wear your club jersey (not sure if this is enforced, I'm yet to race at heffron). It's generally best if you wear your club kit anyway though.
philip

Postby daveb » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 am

philip wrote:Of course, that's the whole point, to go and steal another clubs winning money! Clubs more than welcome riders from other clubs to race against.

Thanks, Philip, that was the answer I was hoping for .... and by the way, I do like the idea of stealing money from our wealthier cousins in the East and bringing it back to the West - it has a touch of the "Robin Hoods" about it! :D
daveb

Postby Beanzy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:44 am

Hi daveb,

Joining one club and racing anywhere else in Australia is acceptable.

Randwick Botany racing on Saturday afternoons at Heffron has club or team member kit poilcy and is enforced. You may get away with "plain" kit for a while.

Tuesday racing is run by Eastern Suburbs club and is a handicap with lowest grade C grade and is quick.

I have mates in Group 4 at SOP on tuesdays and thursdays and they are C grade riders.

HTH

Beanzy
Beanzy

Hillbrick Pista
Trek 1500 (modified)
Giant Yukon
Garmin 305
Beanzy

Postby vander » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm

http://lacc.org.au/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=80
That is a pretty good estimate of where you should be at in relation to groups and grades, it is pretty accurate. Hanging on to group 4 definitely do D grade when you can do group 4 without too much trouble C grade will be fine. Also dont wait for a club kit to start racing (LACC take a fair while to get one to you) most clubs will let you race in anything for a while.
vander

Return to Road Biking