#$%^ double G's (Emex Australis) thorns are back out durn it

chuckchunder

#$%^ double G's (Emex Australis) thorns are back out durn it

Postby chuckchunder » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:43 am

for the info of others - have noticed (and pulled a few up) along the Canning River shared path in Thornlie, particularly between the rail bridges and Royal St. Also starting to make themselves known along the Orrong Rd path between Roe Hwy and Kewdale Rd..... and pulled some up near the South St lights on the freeway path last weekend... buggers...... seven punctures in six days.....
Last edited by chuckchunder on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:06 am

Any chance of getting this translated to english?

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:07 am

Caelum wrote:Any chance of getting this translated to english?
apologies caelum have amended the thread title to be more clear, hope that suffices...

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am

God I hate Emex Australis! :evil:
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Nothing to do with me!!! :Þ
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Hey Chuck, forgot to mention you should post in the Black cat thread too. 7 in a week gives you a good push towards the front of the peleton! :) I mean, you may as well get something for your trouble, after all.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

thepeddler

Postby thepeddler » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 am

Some specialized armadillos should solve your problem. Unless of course you want to win the black cat award.

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:48 pm

chuckchunder wrote:
Caelum wrote:Any chance of getting this translated to english?
apologies caelum have amended the thread title to be more clear, hope that suffices...

No worries, i'm a recent import to WA(from tassie), so i'm not down on the local terminology :)

weekendrider

Postby weekendrider » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:18 pm

I work for a local council and maintain verges as part of my many jobs, if you see these weeds growing in LARGE clumps let it be known to the local council as we try to keep on top of Calthrop, spiny burr grass (Cenchrus spp)
the quicker it's reported the faster it gets treated we have a 3 day turn around on tasks most councils have around about 5 days to do these jobs. :)

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:24 pm

weekendrider wrote:I work for a local council and maintain verges as part of my many jobs, if you see these weeds growing in LARGE clumps let it be known to the local council as we try to keep on top of Calthrop, spiny burr grass (Cenchrus spp)
the quicker it's reported the faster it gets treated we have a 3 day turn around on tasks most councils have around about 5 days to do these jobs. :)
Hey, you're one of those unsung heros. My experience has alway been positive , especially with the guys/girls at Melville. Thanks for keepiing the paths clear for us dopey riders.

Les

weekendrider

Postby weekendrider » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Pushy wrote:
weekendrider wrote:I work for a local council and maintain verges as part of my many jobs, if you see these weeds growing in LARGE clumps let it be known to the local council as we try to keep on top of Calthrop, spiny burr grass (Cenchrus spp)
Hey, you're one of those unsung heros. My experience has alway been positive , especially with the guys/girls at Melville. Thanks for keepiing the paths clear for us dopey riders.

Les
Funny you say that Pushy because that's who I work for glad to know that our work is appreciated, I'll pass it onto my team :D

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:25 am

weekendrider wrote: Funny you say that Pushy because that's who I work for glad to know that our work is appreciated, I'll pass it onto my team :D
Please do, I've always said G'day as I've gone past and you all have always stopped blowing or whipper snipping to allow me to pass safely. Thanks.
I usually ride near Bicton Baths through Blackwall Reach, Point Walter through to Mt Henry or to East Perth and back. Honk and give a rider the thumbs up, it could be me, black roadie, black shorts, yellow jersey and white helmet, I'll give you a wave.

Les