Penrith mixed use paths plans on public exhibition (till 29

hewey

Penrith mixed use paths plans on public exhibition (till 29

Postby hewey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

Penrith Council have put their plans for mixed use paths for the area on public exhibition.
http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/index.asp?id=7532

find_bruce

Re: Penrith mixed use paths plans on public exhibition (till

Postby find_bruce » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks hewey. I had a quick look but soon got lost in the bureaucrat speak.

Do you know if anything is likely to happen, or is it just another bike plan that councils spend time and money on but do nothing with?
Anything you can do, I can do slower

hewey

Postby hewey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

find_bruce wrote:Thanks hewey. I had a quick look but soon got lost in the bureaucrat speak.
Don’t worry about the preamble, just jump straight into the bits of interest. Presumably for most riders that would be the routes of the pathways and when they will be implemented.
Do you know if anything is likely to happen, or is it just another bike plan that councils spend time and money on but do nothing with?
No idea. Most councils seem to do this stuff slowly, piece by piece as their own funding and grant funding becomes available. I’ve lived in Penrith since I was a kid and in the last 5 years or so they’ve started to make some really positive moves. Like the mixed used loop that laps Jamo Park, the mixed use path along side Northern Road from North Penrith to Cranebrook, and the new stages of the great river walk. At the same time, if its not in the plan it probably doesnt have a hope in hell of happening.

Missy8787

Postby Missy8787 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I did part of they surveying for the Mulgoa Road Bike Path, l surveyed the first section, which was constructed from Jamison road which runs north to the Council Chambers. My work colleague surveyed the section from Jamison Road south into Glenmore Park.

It is excellent to see bike paths being contructed :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

From what I've quickly scanned through, it's a good idea. But for this to work, any on-road shoulder lanes must be no-parking zones if possible, otherwise people will just park in those and then the bike-riders will be out in the traffic again.

Other than that, looks promising.