Breaking in your butt

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
hartleymartin

Breaking in your butt

Postby hartleymartin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:41 am

After being away from regular cycling for nearly 9 months, today I finished repairs to my bicycle and then decided to ride to choir practice (about 12 km away). I discovered that since my ill-fated Wombeyan Caves Tour, that my bum has gotten soft. Even my nice brooks flyer saddle left me feeling a bit sore under my left sit-bone this evening! So it really is true - it isn't just the saddle, but it's the rider who needs breaking in! And it isn't the fault of the brooks saddle. I started touring on it without using proofhide or doing anything else to break it in.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

rkelsen

Re: Breaking in your butt

Postby rkelsen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 am

Over the years, my butt has taken a pounding...

:lol:

But seriously, it can take a fair while for your rear end to adjust. Of course, having a correctly sized saddle helps.

khendar

Postby khendar » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:25 pm

I've only been back into riding for a few weeks and the paid has already pretty much subsided. I think the trick is to start with shortish rides and give yourself a day of recovery afterwards. After a few weeks it should come good.

simonn

Postby simonn » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Google: breaking in your butt

I am sure you'll find what you are looking for.

<troll face> :lol: