Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

paulz

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby paulz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

I have made a few orders through CE including a purchase of a new bike. Nothing but praise for the CE team. Sam was always quick to respond to my emails about my new bike when asked. They have price matched a set of pedals which was appreciated. :D Oh, BTW I have no affiliation with CE. Keep up the good work CE!

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Just received my third order from CE, smooth sailing from order to delivery. My order wasn't complicated, ony wanted three things and they were all in stock and didn't need to price match. Ordered Sunday, received Friday.

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Cycling Express don't do themselves any favours, do they. I was about to order a Ultegra 6700 RD from Wiggle when I thought of CE and checked the website. Only $20 more than Wiggle and maybe they would price match so not too bad. But the photo is of a 105 RD, and there's no mention of whether the Ultegra that I suppose you would get is silver or grey, short or long cage. At this point it all got too hard and Wiggle now have my money.

I don't mind paying a little more to help an Australian business, but they need to act like they want me to.

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes, if Sam's still reading this, they need to fill in all the product details too (specifications). I'm guessing (hoping) that's a work in progress. At the moment with lots of gear the specs aren't there. I just ordered some Vittoria tyres off them and you need to know all about the product beforehand, otherwise you haven't a clue.

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 pm

scirocco wrote:Cycling Express don't do themselves any favours, do they. [snip] But the photo is of a 105 RD, and there's no mention of whether the Ultegra that I suppose you would get is silver or grey, short or long cage. [snip]
I agree with this. I had a bad experience buying some tyres from CE -- there was some confusion about which of the two available models I was actually ordering. So I emailed them for confirmation on the details, as the product page was lacking in information. Went ahead and ordered them, only to find that I got the wrong model in the end - so the advice I got from CE was completely wrong. I sent it back and CE refunded my delivery expense in sending it back, which was good. The really frustrating thing is, I checked the product page a few weeks later and it had not been edited, so anyone else could easily make the same mistake that I did.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Similar with camelbak antidote reservoir. No details on which one it was, I emailed them and they said they had 2L and 3L and to write in the comments at checkout which one I wanted. Thats what I did and I got the one requested, so no problems.

Emailed them near COB on one day and got a reply before lunch time the next day.

Customer service/replies to emails where fine, prompt enough. However, if I did not have a voucher with them I probably wouldn't have bothered with the initial email and just ordered off elsewhere (unless price was cheaper).

Ordered and paid: 30/01/2012 11:16:38 PM [Monday]
dispatched: 02/02/2012 [Thursday]
Received: 06/02/2012 [Monday]

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I see they are selling the $40 Aldi bike stand for $80.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Sam

Any chance you guys might be stocking some TT helmets that don't require me to mortgage my house in the future?

Cheers

RB
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

ozzymac

Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK....

Postby ozzymac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Does anyone have contact details for who ever is in manager or whatever they want to call themselves at cycling express.

Can't say I am very impressed with there lack of response to delivery date questions, especially when they couldn't reply quick enough when we were discussing the sale and grabbing the cash.

Not good.......

Cheers

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 pm

ozzymac wrote:Does anyone have contact details for who ever is in manager or whatever they want to call themselves at cycling express.

Can't say I am very impressed with there lack of response to delivery date questions, especially when they couldn't reply quick enough when we were discussing the sale and grabbing the cash.

Not good.......

Cheers
Pretty sure it's Sam (sales@cyclingexpress.com) - (03) 9738 1633.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
ozzymac wrote:Does anyone have contact details for who ever is in manager or whatever they want to call themselves at cycling express.

Not good.......

Cheers
Pretty sure it's Sam (sales@cyclingexpress.com) - (03) 9738 1633.

Tried that address, no reply from Sam, so I tried Damian on Thursday and still no reply. Must be someone in charge somewhere?

Cheers

cpical

Postby cpical » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Road front derailleur? Sram Red only. :shock:
I will be shopping elsewhere.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:08 am

cpical wrote:Road front derailleur? Sram Red only. :shock:
I will be shopping elsewhere.
Funny you should mention that....
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Cycling Express Enquiry
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:50:39 +1100
To: thomas@************.au

HI Thomas,

We don't currently have one up on the site but I will add one in the next 24 hours.

Cheers,
Sam

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, <thomas@********.au> wrote:

The sales enquiry form details are:

First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Houseman
Company:
Telephone: 0422********
Email: thomas@**********.au
Url: http://www.cyclingexpress.com/contact.aspx
--------------------------------------------
Enquiry:
Do you sell shimano105 front derailleurs? If so, how much?
Am still waiting....

Bazza76d

Postby Bazza76d » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share an experience a close friend of mine is having with CE. Firstly let me say i have shopped once at CE, bought a pair of shoes, I love them and price was great, communication average and I thought slow delivery but I referred hum to CE when I saw they had an awesome special on a Reynolds assault wheel set. He has a 2009 Cervelo S3 so not all wheel sets fit the rear of the bike so after reading the online description which had no details or options to choose what free hub (he needed Shimano) he decided to ring them. He was on the phone for 20 min discussing if they knew any issues with fitting the S3, they said heard of none, all good. My mate also needed to ensure they were Shimano compatible, several times put on hold to confirm, the answer yes they are Shimano free hub. So they get delivered, slower than expected but worth the wait. I go over to help him fit them. I look at free hub and think hmmm that doesn't look right, low and behold its a campagnolo free hub. We look at the box, one sticker says Shimano the other campy, Shimano has been crossed out.

We are both pretty annoyed by this poor service and being late at night he waited the next day to ring them. They apologize and say we don't stock campy so not sure what has happened there, we have no Shimano in stock, we will order today (Wednesday) they should be here early next week, we will then ship them out, we will have a courier come tomorrow (Thursday) to pick up the wrong wheel. Courier never shows and turns up the following day.

Wheel goes back next week comes, no calls/emails so my mate rings them on the Tuesday. Yes we are shipping it out, few days go by still no news so ring them again, this time they say it has been post here is the tracking number, by this stage it was the Friday, so disappointed wheels wouldn't be there for thr weekend but he is an easy going guy. Expected them Tuesday but nothing, rings CE yes dispatched, so over next two days goes to local post office to ask, then decided to ask post office to check tracking number, they say CE have lodged paperwork for a delivery however have NOT handed over the actual goods, that tracking number last update was 25 May.

Can I say we are both pretty disgusted by CE, my opinion, they lodged paperwork to get a tracking number but not the goods so they could tell the customer oh we have dispatched then, must be a problem with Auspost. There communication is non existent and to send the wrong wheels in the first place is very poor but they could have made up for the mistake!

Sorry about the length but wanted to relay accurately.
Cheers

Baz
2012 S-Works Venge
2011 Fondriest R10

chucknitro

Postby chucknitro » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I had forgotten to enter code at checkout for discount. Very quickly and efficiently corrected by CE. :)
2018 Canyon Endurance SLX DB 9.0 DI

trimike

Postby trimike » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

I bought a ultegra cassette and chain a few weeks ago. They were out of stock of the chain, so they upgraded to a dura-ace chain. Was pretty pleased with the service, i will use them again.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am

Sent two emails in the past 3 months, never bothered to reply to either of them.
Will never use them again.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 am

MarkG wrote:Sent two emails in the past 3 months, never bothered to reply to either of them.
Will never use them again.
Yeah I did the same. Sent an email, got a reply saying the item will be uploaded to the site in a day or two. Checked a day or two after, not there, checked a week after, not there. Sent two follow-up emails a week and two weeks after (no replies) - two months later, the item still isn't on the webpage.

Have given up.

Of the two orders I have placed with the site, one was delivered fine by Aus. Post, the other would have been sent back if I hadn't rung CE asking for the tracking code as it wasn't addressed clearly / properly. Had to follow it up with the local PO. myself and intercept it.

petie

Postby petie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 am

I have kept going back to the website over the last few months in the hope of some improvement in their listings. None found :roll: Until I can look at the website and buy straight away, confident of the items I will receive, they aren't geting my cash. And the thought did cross my mind to email them with this feedback, but then I didn't bother. I have waited long enough since they started up for them to get through teething problems with no improvement, why would I email them with feedback?

If you run an online store, you should be able to buy online instantly. No phone calls, extra emails, nothing. I have bought more cycling items online than I care to imagine and only ONCE have I even had to send an email...

Bazza76d

Postby Bazza76d » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 am

Hi,

Thought I would just post a follow up to my rant above (probably easier if you read above to get background knoiwledge). So the saga goes like this, apparently CE lodged a lost item with Auspost but would provide no reference number to substantiate this. So after 3 weeks Sam contacted my friend to tell him that the wheel must have been lost in the post and that he would send him another rear wheel out.

I am happy to say it arrived on Wednesday 27/6/12 however funny thing, the box and packaging that it arrived in was the exact packaging my mate sent the wheel back to them in. There was finger prints on the wheel, it wasn't clean like the one he received the first set. To top if off there was some tool markings in the allen key bolts of the free hub which were left by him and I when we tried to remove the freehub ourselves so that we wouldn't need to go through this process. In conclusion we are suggesting that the original replacement wheel was NEVER posted, they lodged a tracking number to stop my mate asking for the wheel. It is obvious they got the original wheel back from their supplied with the freehub changed from campy to shimano/sram they have then posted out the exact wheel he returned.

Can I just say we are both disgusted with the way CE and Sam has managed or should I say not managed this matter. The continual BS is unbelievable and I can guarantee CE neither of us will ever buy anything from you in the future. I will do all my shopping happily and guilt free from the UK stores that offer great prices BUT most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Oh and as an offer of apology after my mate said I want a good will gesture for all I have been through he gets..... $10 voucher!

Sorry for the tone and length of this.

Cheers
Baz
2012 S-Works Venge
2011 Fondriest R10

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Baz not good to hear but then again I'm not surprised I gave up on them long ago even though I have never placed an order. Things raised about check out have never been addressed nor has the discounting issues with 18-44% of the marked prices and the final price is still above the recommended retail price. Many of there heavily discounted items I can walk into my local bike shop and be cheaper and there not even on special so CE in my opinion is all smoke and mirrors with plenty of puff to boot.

Ricky

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm

jcjordan wrote:I have some serious concerns with this model of response to the problems face by the Australian Bicycle industry by internet sales.
Let’s consider where this will leave the LBS, if customers can purchase online from this new website at similar prices to O/S how does this help. The LBS is still not able to compete so has no incentive to do so. The result will most likely mean that they will just not stock anything that is for sale, or if they do it will be at a premium (i.e. if you want it quick then it will cost you extra).
It actually encourages shops to drop stock and move to a repair only model.
Sign of the times.... Remember your local hardware store??? Now the guys who once owend those local hardware stores work for BUNNINGS!!!

joe77bike

Postby joe77bike » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Generally, I prefer to buy bike OEM bike parts to build bike by myself,much cheaper,quality is equal to the brand ones.

Admin: Member banned as spammer (another post)

Big Lance

Postby Big Lance » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:08 am

No paypal no business, quite happy with Ribbles excellent customer service and prices. Always answer my emails promptly and they have secured me as a loyal customer.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 am

Paypal can be attractive - for a shop it can be more expensive to accept paypal payments compared to credit cards. In terms of security, recent reports here are that Credit Card companies are generally quite good in protecting the customer against loss to fraud.
Cycling is in my BNA