Fleche Opperman All Day Trial and Petit Opperman

sblack

Fleche Opperman All Day Trial and Petit Opperman

Postby sblack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am

I'm looking at putting together a team/s for the Fleche Opperman All Day Trial and/or Petit Opperman on the 24th to 25th of March. I'll start the info with a copy of an email from the ride organisers:
It’s Nearly Time For Sir Hubert’s Huge Happening (also called) .....
The Opperman All Day Trial

What?
The Fleche Opperman All Day Trial & Petit Opperman, as the name suggests, allows you to ride all day just for fun (or 14 hours just for fun if you are doing the Petit). Sound jolly inviting? If it does, why don't you and a minimum of two and a maximum of four of your mates/friends/casual acquaintances/people you met on the internet etc, come and join us?

Where?
Start anywhere you desire (although it's probably best not to start in Goondiwindi), and aim to cover at least 360km for the Fleche or 180km for the Petit before finishing at 9.00am on Sunday 25th March in Sydney at the cafe in Parramatta Park.

When?
Saturday 24th March (with a roll out time of 9:00am) and then for the next 24 hours.

Start organising your teams now and prepare to enjoy a day and night of fun, possibly inclement weather and other peoples possibly annoying personal habits.

Online entry is now open: http://regonline.activeglobal.com/OppermanNSW

Further information is available on the Audax NSW website.
If you can find no like-minded individuals yourself, then use the patented Opperman dating service (strictly platonic) and we will try and match you up. Please send your name, Fleche or Petit option, speed of riding (fast, slow, glacial) and any quirky personality traits others may find disagreeable.

Lets ride!

Ian and Katherine
ian.garrity@yahoo.com.au
Phone: 02-99813919
So I've sent out an email to the local (Illawarra) Audax riders and so far grantw has indicated interest in the Petit version and I'm up for either option. The traditional start location for the Illawarra Audax rides is Dapto station but as with the rest of the route the start point is something the team can decide on together. If we end up with multiple teams then each team can have it's own start point and route although I think it'd be nice to try and line up the final 25km section to meet up and ride in together.

So if your interested reply to the thread with your preffered distance option as well as you location or what sort of area you'd be happy to travel to for a start location and we'll see if we can get some teams together.

Mugglechops

Re: Fleche Opperman All Day Trial and Petit Opperman

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 pm

If I wasn't doing a 24hr mtb race that weekend I would be in for sure.

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Mugglechops wrote:If I wasn't doing a 24hr mtb race that weekend I would be in for sure.
Enjoy the race, I think I'll need to get to one of them in the future.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 pm

If your keen there is a 4 hour twilight race on the 10th of March down here.

sblack

Postby sblack » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Mugglechops wrote:If your keen there is a 4 hour twilight race on the 10th of March down here.
Was contemplating whether I could at least get down to check this one out but have since realised I'm already busy in Sydney so won't be able to get there.

An update on the Oppy, at the moment it's still only grantw that has said he'll do it and with some discussion in the 6k thread we've come up with some potential details for the Petit if we can get at least one more rider.

Basically we have a 198.77km route for the 9am to 9pm Saturday section of the ride, starting at Dapto station and ending at the Colyton Hotel. From there it is a 32.05km ride for the 7am to 9am Sunday morning finish into Parramatta Park. We also have a bail out option of 169.86km if we find it neccesary to shorten the ride for any reason on the Saturday.

For anyone wanting more of a challenge there's the options of doing some more riding during the 'break' and/or riding home on the Sunday. So anyone interested?