Question for Ipswich Cycling Club members

Question for Ipswich Cycling Club members

Postby liquor box » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I am really starting to consider joining the Club and was wondering what circuits you ride on. I have seem your website and it has maps availiable but does not seem to have the route on the map, just the starting point.

I would like to try to ride the courses first and then see what my times are and then try to see if I would be able to keep up. It has been 22 years since I was in an "official" race so I dont want to make a fool of myself, I think I would be in Veterans as I am now 35 (36 in May)

What sort of average speed would I need to do to be competitive, and what sort of speeds do each grade do? I generally average just on 28kmh on a solo ride for a ride of between 30-50km using the Centenary Highway extension between Springfield Lakes and Yamanto. There are a few hills on it but I quite comfortable at this speed and think I could probably push to 30kmh without blowing out.
liquor box

by BNA » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

BNA

Re: Question for Ipswich Cycling Club members

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

Gidday mate, you would probably better off contacting them by email with that query or Yellow Jersey bike shop there on Brisbane rd.

I am an old member from way back and have a few mates from then, that are still connected with the club. I'm quite sure you wont be
making a fool of yourself in starting back up again. There is not comparison between what you average by yourself and a bunch race.

Just go and do it and enjoy the pain er ride. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Re: Question for Ipswich Cycling Club members

Postby lethoso » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Ipswich race out at synergy park - http://app.strava.com/segments/824216

I raced out there in C grade at the start of the year, it averaged 37.5km/h.

Not sure about their group rides though.
lethoso

Return to Queensland