2012 ACF BIKE JOURNAL fit gits on bikes fun comp

dino1969

Re: 2012 ACF BIKE JOURNAL fit gits on bikes fun comp

Postby dino1969 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Big_Red wrote:Dino, the problem with your sig may be that you have not unticked the "private goals" box in the bikejournal profile options. Log on to bikejournal, mouse over the riders menu item, then "edit my profile" and go down to list till you see "Distance Goal for 2012:". Under the "Goal bar color:" you'll see a tickbox that states "Keep my goals private. Uncheck this if you want others to be able to view your goals from your profile view." Make sure that the box is unticked then click the "Apply Changes" button at the bottom of the page. I'd link a screenshot for you, but i'm at work and the stupid thin clients we have prevent me uploading to photobucket.

Good luck.
Thanks Big_Red!Have triple checked everything and it all seems ok, however the banner still does not appear! :(
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - William Shakespeare

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 pm

kellyu wrote:As Jezza75's wife, I can testify that yes, he does have a job. It's just that it is 40km from our house, and because he rides to and from work 5 days a week, 400km in commute alone per week adds up.

Then you have his fun rides on the weekend. And when we have to go down to Busselton, he has been known to set out very early and ride his bike down, and I'll meet him at the Fat Duck in Busselton that afternoon.

So yes, he does work. But he just rides a lot too.

Im kinda jealous now..... :)
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 pm

rebilda wrote:Just wondering.....

Does anyone sitting in the top ten of the ACF Bike Journal leaderboard, actually have a day job?
and if so, where do you find the time to work?

(BTW - Well done)
Sacrifice. For me it's sleep. Generally, out of bed before 5am and down to the Bakery for fresh bread for the Fam (~30 km's). 25 - 30 km's indirect to work. 8 hours of rest. ~17 km's home. All up >70 km's per day. Weekend ride of some description (anywhere from 70 - 120 km's). It all adds up.

The trick is to build up slowly and keep getting the rides in. It all adds up. Once the obsession kicks in it is really easy :)

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Mugglechops wrote:I didnt think I would ever do a 1000km month. But after tomorrow I will have achieved it. It was bloody hard work though so not sure I can back up for next month.
1000K a month is not that hard to do and you do not need to ride every day. You just have to be of an age where you only need 6 hrs of sleep a night or are totally commited. I'm not committed.

Early morning rides while the roads are clear is the way to go especially now that headlights and tail lights are needed.

I love the sound of a quiet raod.

skull

Postby skull » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

duds2u wrote: 1000K a month is not that hard to do and you do not need to ride every day. You just have to be of an age where you only need 6 hrs of sleep a night or are totally commited. I'm not committed.
You don't need to sacrifice sleep, I am running close to 2500km for this year. It is a must have for me to have 8 hrs sleep each night or I am a bit of a zombie. It only washes out to roughly 250km a week to maintain a 1000km a month. You just need to maintain momentum.

rollin66

Postby rollin66 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:43 pm

I am much like mugglechops, having only started riding last year I thought 1,000k's in a month was HUGE. But with a bit of motivation coming from challenges like the "10k plus" and BJ's "250 ride days" challenge i have managed 2,000k's in 2 months ( although I had to have a morning ride and a night ride yesterday to get over the 2k mark. )

Its all about just trying to get out there every day whether its 10k or 100k.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Despite being somewhat washed out a few days back, it seems that life just keeps getting better. I find that I am still looking for extra little detours and errands. Isn't it grand when things go your way? The target still looks good.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Despite being somewhat washed out a few days back, it seems that life just keeps getting better. I find that I am still looking for extra little detours and errands. Isn't it grand when things go your way? The target still looks good.
You are amazing COC (does that sound wrong to anyone else???)

Here I am impressed with my 1200km for the year and some old bloke goes whistling past me with half a bike....... :D

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:04 am

bosvit wrote:
ColinOldnCranky wrote:Despite being somewhat washed out a few days back, it seems that life just keeps getting better. I find that I am still looking for extra little detours and errands. Isn't it grand when things go your way? The target still looks good.
You are amazing COC (does that sound wrong to anyone else???)

Here I am impressed with my 1200km for the year and some old bloke goes whistling past me with half a bike....... :D
I can guarantee that I NEVER went whistling past you. :shock: But I'll take the compliment anyway.

takeitasread

Postby takeitasread » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Yep, doing OK, but the weather is starting to turn and daylight is starting to disappear. Might need to rethink the strategy a bit.

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:32 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote: I can guarantee that I NEVER went whistling past you. :shock: But I'll take the compliment anyway.
LOL! Maybe it was you that was whistling and not the bike!

Jezza75

Postby Jezza75 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:13 pm

rebilda wrote:Just wondering.....

Does anyone sitting in the top ten of the ACF Bike Journal leaderboard, actually have a day job?
and if so, where do you find the time to work?

(BTW - Well done)
OUCH!!

Hills hurt but couches KILL!

Jezza75

Postby Jezza75 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:15 pm

rebilda wrote:
kellyu wrote:As Jezza75's wife, I can testify that yes, he does have a job. It's just that it is 40km from our house, and because he rides to and from work 5 days a week, 400km in commute alone per week adds up.

Then you have his fun rides on the weekend. And when we have to go down to Busselton, he has been known to set out very early and ride his bike down, and I'll meet him at the Fat Duck in Busselton that afternoon.

You missed out the getting home at 1am from an Audax 200 kay ridde, oh thats right, you didnt wait up or wake up! :D

Hills hurt but couches KILL!

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Well bugger me, with record rains about our way my riding has been hit hard. This week will also be a downer as my front drive and our main roads that I use to get into town are flooded, not safe on these narrow roads when you don't know were the edges are.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... fe7557b237

Still going to do some riding but will have to get driven past the floods first which means less time and distance on the bike. :cry:
Not sure how long it will last either, the areas so flat there is no where for the water to go.

It was only 2 years ago we were in record droughts now record rain and floods, crazy stuff!
Martin
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

kellyu

Postby kellyu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 am

Jezza75 wrote:
rebilda wrote:

You missed out the getting home at 1am from an Audax 200 kay ridde, oh thats right, you didnt wait up or wake up! :D
Hey, if you're mad enough to ride a 200km Audax night ride, I am happy to support you. From my bed.

Back to topic, I am now up to date on Bike Journal. The triathlon course was good but the rides were so short I lost my endurance ability. To fit in the triathlon course I wasn't able to ride to work for those 6 weeks, so it was Sunday morning rides or nothing.

Rode down to Mandurah last Saturday, and DIED on the bike around kilometre 56. So that was 14 km short of our intended destination.

I'd told Jezza75 to go ahead because we were with a friend who is training for Busselton. I knew that I was going to hit the wall at some point, 8 million gels and bars couldn't fix that, and I didn't want to foul up her training ride so I waved them off and slooooowwwwlllllllyyyyy pedalled in.

Devoured a very dense and good muffin at the bike shop at the other end (Hi Mickey and Jo!), caught the train back and rode home from the station. Just shy of 90km, and the most I'd done in the past six weeks was a lazy 40 one Sunday afternoon when Jezza75 was testing a new part on the bike. Ow.

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Good stuff! Enough water has drained away to enable me to ride fully again. :D

Martin

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 pm

martinjs wrote:Good stuff! Enough water has drained away to enable me to ride fully again. :D

Martin
Happy days hope you've had a good weeks riding :D
Happy Days

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am

Ok question...notice some people on Bike journal have a real nifty signature bar showing how far in front, how much climbed and so forth whilst others like me have what you may call the boring signature

How do you get the more detailed signature bar??

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:49 am

gretaboy wrote:Ok question...notice some people on Bike journal have a real nifty signature bar showing how far in front, how much climbed and so forth whilst others like me have what you may call the boring signature

It has nothing to do with BikeJournal. It is a bar linked to Strava. If you do a search you should find the Strava thread.

Andrew

DavidTomic

Postby DavidTomic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Aushiker wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Ok question...notice some people on Bike journal have a real nifty signature bar showing how far in front, how much climbed and so forth whilst others like me have what you may call the boring signature

It has nothing to do with BikeJournal. It is a bar linked to Strava. If you do a search you should find the Strava thread.

Andrew
It can actually pull your data from either Strava OR bikejournal, depending on what your preference is.

http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/login/auth

Obviously you'll only get some of the stats (climbing, ride time, etc) when it's linked to Strava though, since BJ doesn't actually track them.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 pm

DavidTomic wrote:It can actually pull your data from either Strava OR bikejournal, depending on what your preference is.

http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/login/auth

Obviously you'll only get some of the stats (climbing, ride time, etc) when it's linked to Strava though, since BJ doesn't actually track them.
The question was about the "more detailed signature bar" which is based on Strava no? :D

Just trying to cover up not knowing that it related to both websites :oops:

Andrew

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Whoo, a great weekend and back to the big distances. Bike hike cleared out a lot of cobwebs and the little green bar is sitting nicely to the right of the bar. It'll look even better tomorrow when the latest logged entry shows up..

btw, is there a leaderboard of the 6000km target group anywhere.

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Whoo, a great weekend and back to the big distances. Bike hike cleared out a lot of cobwebs and the little green bar is sitting nicely to the right of the bar. It'll look even better tomorrow when the latest logged entry shows up..

btw, is there a leaderboard of the 6000km target group anywhere.
I don't believe there is mate.
Happy Days

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Not going to make it, Wasn't a target but I'm turning 50 next month and I'm closing in on 70,000k's in 5 years of returning to cycling. Would have made a nice round figure. :lol:

Martin

DavidTomic

Postby DavidTomic » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 am

martinjs wrote:Not going to make it, Wasn't a target but I'm turning 50 next month and I'm closing in on 70,000k's in 5 years of returning to cycling. Would have made a nice round figure. :lol:

Martin
How much are you coming up short by?