new training method

For Roadies

new training method

Postby iaintas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Came up with a new training method today, its called the "Dog chase hill sprint" :wink:

Step one, find the steepest hill you can (today was 22%)
at the point at which you about to bonk have 2 angry dogs come out of a nearby house
encourage dogs to chase you the next 100m up the hill that is about 22%
ignore adrenaline/exhaustion/hypoxia induced chest pain and repeat 3 times a week.

:D
Image
iaintas
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

by BNA » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

BNA
 

Re: new training method

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Do you string some bones at the back of your saddle?
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: new training method

Postby PawPaw » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm

I prefer carrot to stick.
Do warm up near popular hill climb. Wait for attractive member/s of opposite sex to ride by and start climb. Give x minutes headstart. Catch.
Once you do, on the steepest part, compliment her on riding so well today, even if she is in an internal hell realm.
Aim to be able to talk without pausing for breath.
User avatar
PawPaw
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: new training method

Postby scotto » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 pm

PawPaw wrote:I prefer carrot to stick.
Do warm up near popular hill climb. Wait for attractive member/s of opposite sex to ride by and start climb. Give x minutes headstart. Catch.
Once you do, on the steepest part, compliment her on riding so well today, even if she is in an internal hell realm.
Aim to be able to talk without pausing for breath.


careful with this one. ive done it a few times - never worked.
once up the old hwy to calga. the girls turned out to be on a national team. i was caught and dropped like a sack of potatoes. :oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
scotto
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Baulkham Hills

Re: new training method

Postby vander » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

I have also had the dog chase hill one. Got me working pretty hard it was also on the steepest hill I can find. The problem is you cant unclip to kick the dog or anything cause if you do you will stop dead. The dog ended up having a bit of a feed of my ankle.
Image
vander
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am
Location: North Strathfield, NSW

Re: new training method

Postby ezzy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm

scotto wrote:
PawPaw wrote:I prefer carrot to stick.
Do warm up near popular hill climb. Wait for attractive member/s of opposite sex to ride by and start climb. Give x minutes headstart. Catch.
Once you do, on the steepest part, compliment her on riding so well today, even if she is in an internal hell realm.
Aim to be able to talk without pausing for breath.


careful with this one. ive done it a few times - never worked.
once up the old hwy to calga. the girls turned out to be on a national team. i was caught and dropped like a sack of potatoes. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Did they end up biting your potatoes? :lol:
ezzy
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: new training method

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:22 pm

vander wrote:I have also had the dog chase hill one. Got me working pretty hard it was also on the steepest hill I can find. The problem is you cant unclip to kick the dog or anything cause if you do you will stop dead. The dog ended up having a bit of a feed of my ankle.

I only worry if they come from the right
User avatar
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert
 
Posts: 3250
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Re: new training method

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
vander wrote:I have also had the dog chase hill one. Got me working pretty hard it was also on the steepest hill I can find. The problem is you cant unclip to kick the dog or anything cause if you do you will stop dead. The dog ended up having a bit of a feed of my ankle.

I only worry if they come from the right

lol I'm at the pool watching my boy train and everyone is looking me laughing Gold Alex

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
Marty Moose
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: W.A

Re: new training method

Postby Livetoride » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 am

Kinda like this but with a steep hill :lol:
Happy Days
User avatar
Livetoride
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: South Eastern Melbourne

Re: new training method

Postby Pravda » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 am

PawPaw wrote:I prefer carrot to stick.
Do warm up near popular hill climb. Wait for attractive member/s of opposite sex to ride by and start climb. Give x minutes headstart. Catch.
Once you do, on the steepest part, compliment her on riding so well today, even if she is in an internal hell realm.
Aim to be able to talk without pausing for breath.


This is a great method. I've found that its mostly joggers in my parts which is convenient because when you reach them for a bit if banter you can slow down.without looking like a wimp before blasting off up the hill.
2011 Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX
Raceline Keith Oliver Signature Edition
User avatar
Pravda
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Perth NOR

Re: new training method

Postby clackers » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:40 am

PawPaw wrote:I prefer carrot to stick.
Do warm up near popular hill climb. Wait for attractive member/s of opposite sex to ride by and start climb. Give x minutes headstart. Catch.


Ah, yes, one from the Gary Neiwand manual!
User avatar
clackers
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Melbourne


Return to Road Biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist