Brighton QLD to Herston QLD

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

Workmate looking at commuting to fro Brighton to Herston. Comments on routes appreciated.

Cheers

Max

Postby Max » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd follow the Moreton Bay Cycleway/Kedron Brook Bikeway through to either Toombul or Grange, down Kedron Brook Rd (assuming you go to the Grange), past the hockey fields and through to Herston. Mostly bike path with a few roads.

Max

----------
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. All typos are Auto-Correct's fault, not mine ;)
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

PawPaw

Re: Brighton QLD to Herston QLD

Postby PawPaw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:51 pm

If comfy on road, Sandgate Rd to Nundah, backstreet shortcuts to Buckland, Shaw, KBB, off at Grange onto Uxbridge, across to Kedron Brook Rd and through to RBH.

Sandgate Rd can be freaky for novices, but he could wait near the Deagon Shopping Centre for other riders to come along, and make a bike bus. Heaps of guys do a Brissy Sandgate run on week mornings for training, and are usually heading back in 630a-730a.
Care is needed at the Toombul Rd off ramp, and doing a u turn to get back on Sandgate Rd.

Rather than KBB, he could go straight on Shaw, around via Wooloowin train station, east side of Lutwyche.
But KBB can be a welcome reprieve from the traffic, despite it being a pond with the lightest showers.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:37 pm

thanks paw paw and max. have forwarded suggestions on. don't know the paths on the north-side so appreciate the time/effort
will post again if there are any more q's, and again once he gives it a go.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:55 pm

jason, if he is interested, I live at Sandgate and do a couple of morning runs towards the cbd each week. Am happy to meet him in Sandgate and show him the routes. PM me if he is interested.

themerlin

Postby themerlin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

I do Brighton to the valley,happy to show him the way. I go via albion and I think there is a path from Albion that goes that way.