Bike Gallery

moreegolfer

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby moreegolfer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

AndrewBurns wrote:People need to stop taking photos of their bikes in the little chainring! Unless you live at the top of a very steep hill...
Isn't it manly to photograph a bike in the small ring :roll: ?

munga

Postby munga » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:37 pm

AndrewBurns has a rhr of 7 and he rides 53/11 up ventoux.

pro's have their own forums don't they?

ps nice cracknfail, gios (especially) and lynskey!

norbs

Postby norbs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:51 pm

The little chainring thing is of no importance to people who arent into photography.

I love the red and white spokes. Excellent.

milkman

Postby milkman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:40 pm

notwal wrote:That's a gorgeous CAAD 10 Milkman. I notice you seem to combine a Cannondale crank set with Campy 11 speed.
What chain rings did you use for that?
Thanks. They are cannondale chainrings and it shifts great!

dodge

Postby dodge » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

Finished modding my 29er.. well modded enough for now...

New custom TWE wheelset(thanks Greg) not my first purchase off him either..great to deal with.Already have a Powertap sl+ hub built up from him.Solid wheel.Will be getting a matching front built to replace the Fulcrum 3's..And possibly having another 2 wheelsets built by TWE for other bikes in the pipeline :D

Mods -new bars, new stem ,new seat post and changed saddle.. and new discs..now to get steerer cut...

Size 14..first of the overeaters

mjmoo75

Bike Gallery

Postby mjmoo75 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:37 pm

dodge wrote:Finished modding my 29er.. well modded enough for now...

New custom TWE wheelset(thanks Greg) not my first purchase off him either..great to deal with.Already have a Powertap sl+ hub built up from him.Solid wheel.Will be getting a matching front built to replace the Fulcrum 3's..And possibly having another 2 wheelsets built by TWE for other bikes in the pipeline :D

Mods -new bars, new stem ,new seat post and changed saddle.. and new discs..now to get steerer cut...

very nice!!!

open roader

Postby open roader » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Finished modding my 29er.. well modded enough for now...

How loud is the freehub on your TWE wheels?
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

munga

Postby munga » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:29 am

HE SAID "How loud is the freehub on your TWE wheels?"

mezla

Postby mezla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 am

hahaha... Munga... made me laugh out loud at work :D

dodge

Postby dodge » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 am

munga wrote:HE SAID "How loud is the freehub on your TWE wheels?"
Not that loud :wink:
Size 14..first of the overeaters

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 am

I washed two of the bikes with the pressure washer, and my youngest daughter had to do hers 8) . Then we took a photo:

Jim

open roader

Postby open roader » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 pm

My XTC 2 got a free power rinse a-la-naturale today!

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:09 am

open roader wrote:My XTC 2 got a free power rinse a-la-naturale today!
My Tallboy got a free mud pack facial in Sundays 4 hour at Murennbong.

Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm

My new uber-commuter!

Boardman road CX pro from Wiggle, aluminium frame with a carbon fork, drop bars and disk brakes. 9.8kg before modifications, 12.5kg with the mudguards, rack, rack bag, spare tube, pump and lights. I'll ride it to work tomorrow to see how it goes!

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Nice one Andrew

Looks like a great commuter..... It's making my n+1 gene get all excited.....

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

AndrewBurns wrote:My new uber-commuter!

Boardman road CX pro from Wiggle, aluminium frame with a carbon fork, drop bars and disk brakes. 9.8kg before modifications, 12.5kg with the mudguards, rack, rack bag, spare tube, pump and lights. I'll ride it to work tomorrow to see how it goes!
I'd buy one of them except run a different bar - probably an aero bar with no drops. but that's a few years off. definitely interested in your comments.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Very nice...
bosvit wrote:It's making my n+1 gene get all excited.....
+ 1

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 am

That's one slick looking commuter Andrew 8)

I can feel my Kona getting jealous...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am

jasonc wrote:

I'd buy one of them except run a different bar - probably an aero bar with no drops. but that's a few years off. definitely interested in your comments.
Ok first ride this morning, 24km into work carrying my work clothes and stuff for my morning shower, loaded weight probably up around 14-15kg. My other bike is a carbon roadie fitting with campy veloce for comparison.

I hadn't bedded the brakes in yet so I did that for the first km of my trip this morning (accelerate, firm brake to walking pace, repeat 20 or 30 times). The brakes seem to work perfectly fine, they don't feel any more powerful than the veloce brakes but they really are excellent rim brakes, I can lock the wheels if I want from the hoods. The brifter brake levers do deflect a bit to get the brakes going hard, the suicide levers on the tops of the bars don't deflect as much under load but I really don't like braking hard from that position so I doubt I'll use them much. After all the recent rain in Sydney I had some big puddles to ride through, the mudguards worked nicely when keeping my legs, back and bum dry but there was still some crud kicked up onto the chain which is a little disappointing but I guess unavoidable. The geometry of the bike is a lot more relaxed compared to the roadie, riding with a hand off or over loose/uneven ground is much easier and more comfortable. Actually due to the rain there were sections on the cycleway that I used where significant amounts of dirt and leaf litter (up to 10cm deep) washed across the whole path. On at least two occasions I rode through such piles where I'm sure I would have come off the road bike but the relaxed CX geometry meant I still had complete control the whole time, very pleased with that.

I felt the additional weight up hills but I still managed to make it up the 'hill of death', really if you want to carry gear it can't be avoided and I'd rather carry stuff on a rack than in a backpack on my back. The SRAM force group works nicely, every shift was fast and precise, shifting from the big to small chainring and back was no fuss at all. The KMC chain is a little noisy compared to the campy groupo, while the campy setup is whisper quiet I can hear some chain buzz with this groupo, it's not loud enough to bother me though. What does bother me is I can feel a slight vibration/rumble through the pedals when I'm putting a lot of power down, feels like there is some roughness in either the pedal bearings, BB bearings or vibration coming from the chain. I doubt it's the pedals as I've used them previously on another bike without this problem so I'll have a good look at the BB bearings over the weekend to make sure they're properly lubed, it doesn't feel bad but I don't want it to become more serious.

Overall it goes really well, my average speed was 26.8 kph into work which is only around 2 kph slower than my fastest carbon roadie time, now I just have to force myself to ride in all weather with it :P

mezla

Postby mezla » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:15 pm

My first proper road bike (view is from Mt Stromlo in Canberra):

Nothing special. Azzurri Forza Ultegra Di2 with a seat upgrade to Selle San Marco Regal-E. Really needs white Rubinos.

gassyndrome

Bike Gallery

Postby gassyndrome » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:43 pm

That azzuri looks tops. Well done.

Johndec

Postby Johndec » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:02 pm

AndrewBurns wrote:The KMC chain is a little noisy compared to the campy groupo, while the campy setup is whisper quiet I can hear some chain buzz with this groupo, it's not loud enough to bother me though.
Andrew, I wouldn't be blaming the KMC chain. I have a KMC chain on my veloce roadie and it's whisper quiet. Perhaps a slight RD alignment issue?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

[quote="AndrewBurns"]Ok first ride this morning, /quote]
thanks for the review. can you explain the suicide brakes on top the bars. does it have the extended brifter brakes that go across?

open roader

Postby open roader » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 pm

mezla wrote:My first proper road bike (view is from Mt Stromlo in Canberra):

Nothing special. Azzurri Forza Ultegra Di2 with a seat upgrade to Selle San Marco Regal-E. Really needs white Rubinos.
Phooey - every bike is special :D

Nice bike, nice scene! I like it's stealthy looks, saddle and tape is plenty enough of the white says my 20 cents worth.

seddo

Postby seddo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Noice Azzurri good review in latest Australian Road bike mag