Comm Ave bridge ambulance

mrgolf

Comm Ave bridge ambulance

Postby mrgolf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 pm

around 5-ish there was a cop car and ambulance just after the bridge. Backed up traffic for a bit. Anyone know what happened? No broken cars or bikes.

jcjordan

Re: Comm Ave bridge ambulance

Postby jcjordan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:13 pm

The cars must have been moved by the time you got there.

From what I understand there was a 3-4 car bumper to bumper caused by someone changing lanes
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm

jcjordan wrote:The cars must have been moved by the time you got there.

From what I understand there was a 3-4 car bumper to bumper caused by typical Canberran drivers that can't drive and shouldn't have licences
Fixed for accuracy :roll:

Mod - fixed again

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 pm

You have that right.
Never understood why the majority of drivers think that when its wet they need to drive faster and closer to each other than when its dry.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

cp123

Postby cp123 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

In the first week of rain I was riding home one night and traffic southbound was going nowhere from the Croquet club corner up around Parly House, past the lodge and on. I passed probably a thousand or more cars. :lol: Got down to the Deakin/Yarralumla off ramp and the left lane had a 5 car pileup all up each others bums on the top of the bridge over hopetoun circuit. The 2 left lanes merge into 1 just before the bridge, but i guess someone either had to get in first as well as they were all too close for the speed they were going. Cars were banked up for well over half an hour I reckon and I zipped past them all. Mind you - I was bloody wet too. :lol:

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Another rear ender on Commonwealth Ave this morning, three cars stopped in the leftmost southbound lane just before the bridge with very minor damage... No attempt to move the cars off the road even though they were ~50m from the Albert St turnoff :roll: Seems to be a Canberra thing... Every time Limestone Ave is a car park during peak hour you can guarantee it's because the lane is blocked by a couple of numpties with scratched bumpers.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe