Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Apple

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

marinmomma wrote:good luck with your preganacy...and with getting back on the bike following the delivery....hey, those questions might just stop the blokes from poking their noses into the women's forum :twisted: :wink:
:lol: :lol:
To make sure should we talk about when the head crowns during birth :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Apple wrote:
marinmomma wrote:good luck with your preganacy...and with getting back on the bike following the delivery....hey, those questions might just stop the blokes from poking their noses into the women's forum :twisted: :wink:
:lol: :lol:
To make sure should we talk about when the head crowns during birth :mrgreen:
:shock: But we don't want to scare off the women among us who haven't yet given birth either :wink:
Lisa

Naels

Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Naels » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Congrats blossy! How exciting for you and your partner... For me, who has no children yet, I would make the decision based on how safe I thought where I was riding was. When I commute I go from hillarys to Claremont and am on a path the whole way, so i think its relitivly safe so i'd prob continue as long as i could while pregnant.. You may aswell try and keep up your fitness as much as possible!

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Well ladies, just coming here to say goodbye, I'm getting dragged off in the morning to climb to Binna Burra in the hinterland behind the Gold Coast....if I die while climbing it was lovely knowing you all (via a forum :wink: )....if I survive there'll be a Strava report to post...even if it's pathetic I will post to prove to you that I can climb, or at least attempt to.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Lisa

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 am

marinmomma wrote:Well ladies, just coming here to say goodbye, I'm getting dragged off in the morning to climb to Binna Burra in the hinterland behind the Gold Coast....if I die while climbing it was lovely knowing you all (via a forum :wink: )....if I survive there'll be a Strava report to post...even if it's pathetic I will post to prove to you that I can climb, or at least attempt to.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I am sure you will make it, I rode today with Nate (BNA member) young spunky, if only I was younger :wink: I had no mojo again, what is wrong with me :(
I will post the strava later, I am so tired and I need coffee. 85km today, and Marinmomma, the hills were big.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Well I'm back and happy to say that I almost made it the whole way to Binna Burra, I u-turned it with about 5 ks to go....probably the hardest 4 k's of the whole ride were still ahead of me, but now I'll have to go back to finish the job!

http://app.strava.com/activities/5042329#

Not quick at all but happy that I got into a good rhythm and made it further than I thought I would.
Most amount of climbing that I've done to date.

Show us your Strava report Apple??? :)
Lisa

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 pm

From a distant memory of driving up to Binna Burra, that's a serious climb!

I had a minor crash at the velodrome last night and rode straight off the track into the very soft grass. It was my first madison and I hadn't got the hang of flinging your partner. Anyway, looking and feeling slightly beaten up because I face planted in the grass and managed to wind myself and feel very bruised around the ribs area. End of racing for the night, but I still got up this morning as I was ride leader for a ride through the Royal National Park but not at any great speed or effort on my part - bit too sore for that.

Not quite sure how I am going to explain the scrapes and bruises tomorrow at work ...

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Eleri wrote:From a distant memory of driving up to Binna Burra, that's a serious climb! ...

http://app.strava.com/rides/5038384
Ok you win :D
I had a minor crash at the velodrome last night and rode straight off the track into the very soft grass. It was my first madison and I hadn't got the hang of flinging your partner. Anyway, looking and feeling slightly beaten up because I face planted in the grass and managed to wind myself and feel very bruised around the ribs area. End of racing for the night, but I still got up this morning as I was ride leader for a ride through the Royal National Park but not at any great speed or effort on my part - bit too sore for that.

Not quite sure how I am going to explain the scrapes and bruises tomorrow at work
Ifeel for you, that rib thing will last for weeks, I don't know how you rode today with that. :shock: :shock:
I also almost went over my handle bars today, I rode over a pothole and my sore wrist slipped off the handle bars, I thought I was a goner. Take car Eleri

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Apple wrote: Take car Eleri
tee hee :)

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Eleri wrote:
Apple wrote: Take car Eleri
tee hee :)
Sorry I left out he E
TAKE CARE. :P

wallaby

Postby wallaby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Blossy,

Im only a newbie to riding and have finished all my childbearing for this lifetime (3 young boys is enough to put me off having any more children!!!!! I DO NOT have the energy to keep up with them, let along lug around another baby belly at the same time :shock: ) and I would say, be safe and ride within your limits as the other ladies have suggested.

BUT I do remember my osetopath saying that you have to be careful with bike riding while pregnant as sitting on the seat position can (not WILL) put pressure on your bones by sitting on such a small seat and can lead to problems from pelvic instability. So if you start to feel uncomfortable in the back of your legs, bum and lower back it could be the pressure from bike riding that is creating the discomfort. So just something to keep an eye out for. (mind you, getting uncomfortable in those areas is part of being pregnant too, but I know that bike riding can increase that discomfort through those areas.) I had pelvic instability throughout my 3 pregnancies which I thought was sciatica and it is quite difficult to deal with while being pregnant so hopefully you won't have to worry about it at all - and life will be all good!!!! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the news too!!! Very exciting for you both!!!
Kym
2012 Giant Avail 1 (black and white, not pink!)

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Had a nice ride this morning, I left without the garmin but I took the camera.
It started off with so much mist and then a very sunny beautiful morning 54km for me today and 6 km yesterday when I took the bike to the pool for a nana swim.
I am taking photos for Mojo

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice photos Apple, I've had a slack week, no riding as I've just started a new job and have been sorting out everything; Coot-tha Challenge on Sunday!
Lisa

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm

marinmomma wrote:Nice photos Apple, I've had a slack week, no riding as I've just started a new job and have been sorting out everything; Coot-tha Challenge on Sunday!
Yes you better start riding, I am sick of looking at that brown poo line. :mrgreen:

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Apple! Beautiful photos and you are looking fantastic!

I didn't sign up for the Bobbin Head ride and the 100km is closed - did you? If you didn't maybe we could go for a ride somewhere that day in the other direction?

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:51 pm

lovemybike wrote:Apple! Beautiful photos and you are looking fantastic!

I didn't sign up for the Bobbin Head ride and the 100km is closed - did you? If you didn't maybe we could go for a ride somewhere that day in the other direction?
What do you mean it is closed. :shock: No I didn't sign for it either. We can still ride the route, we don't have to sign up, lots of riders start from every where.

Ho and thanks for thinking I look good but for the past 5 days I have not been eating the right food. The carbohydrates are back in my life. :?
Last edited by Apple on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 pm

They have a Facebook page and it said the 100km was full? I've kept the day free

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:54 pm

lovemybike wrote:They have a Facebook page and it said the 100km was full? I've kept the day free
did you check the web page

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Apple wrote:
lovemybike wrote:They have a Facebook page and it said the 100km was full? I've kept the day free
did you check the web page

100k Ride Registration Closed
Thanks everyone for a wonderful response. We would love to have all 100k enthusiasts join us, but the authorities have limited numbers. Regrettably, 100k registrations have closed.
We have more leeway on the 50k ride but may have to close this ride early too, so please register now.

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 pm

OK, well there is nothing stopping us from starting at bobbin head and turning around after mount white which will be 100km,
The road is not closed for cyclists. Many cyclists just ride that route on Sunday and I am one of those. :D

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Apple wrote:OK, well there is nothing stopping us from starting at bobbin head and turning around after mount white which will be 100km,
The road is not closed for cyclists. Many cyclists just ride that route on Sunday and I am one of those. :D
Sounds good :)

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

lovemybike wrote:
Apple wrote:OK, well there is nothing stopping us from starting at bobbin head and turning around after mount white which will be 100km,
Sounds good :)
good, we will organise a place to meet and do our own ride, just watch out for many riders :mrgreen:

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Apple wrote:Had a nice ride this morning, I left without the garmin but I took the camera.
It started off with so much mist and then a very sunny beautiful morning 54km for me today and 6 km yesterday when I took the bike to the pool for a nana swim.

Looks like a nice road for a ride. Other pics are cool too.
Apple wrote: Image
Quick call the police somebody stole your sleeves.
Don't you know The Rules?
Rule #7 - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Ross wrote:Looks like a nice road for a ride. Other pics are cool too.

Quick call the police somebody stole your sleeves.
Don't you know The Rules?
Rule #7 - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/
Thanks Ross, it is a nice place to ride. Rule 5 is written for it :mrgreen:
as for this rule Rule #7 // Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.
Under no circumstances should one be rolling up their sleeves or shorts in an effort to somehow diminish one’s tan lines. Sleeveless jerseys are under no circumstances to be employed.

I think it is for the guys only :lol:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:18 am

Akuna bay today, I still have that man flu. :roll:
40km with Ruth.
:D