Reviews of the Azzurri Di2 Forza Pro from Cycling Express

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Ross wrote:
ozzymac wrote:
The point is though, that it would of been common courtesy to let buyers know if there was a problem supplying a advertised part of the bike that people had paid for upfront.

Communication is the key to good business.

And also on the point of it being only $17 difference lets say 50 x 17 = $850 a little bit extra in the pocket. Every bit helps.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm sure CE are going to shut up shop and retire to the Bahamas with a massive profit like that. :roll: CE are losing profit by sending out a free set of tyres to the whingers.

Maybe CE have been busy doing stuff... like sourcing unreal deals on carbon bikes with UDi2 for $2600 and didn't have time or just forgot to notify customers about the tyres.
Not even worth answering.

Onto the subject at hand....

I am to still fiddling with set up etc.

As mentioned above the gear changes are great, no sign of any chain rub in any gear, and the changes are perfect, no need for double taps or half changes etc.

I especially like how easy the front cogs change, all you hear is the servo and that's it.

Cheers

r6bigo

Re: Reviews of the Azzurri Di2 Forza Pro from Cycling Expres

Postby r6bigo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

Hi all,

First time poster here !

Got my Azzurri Di2 for about 2 weeks now. So far only done about 100kms of rides. First impression are: Groupset is perfect !! Sorry to say I must've got a faulty frame! It makes so much noise!!
Could have a seat post problem as discussed before ! Swap to an alloy seat post and still have creaking noise!! BB makes lots of loud ticking noise when powering down hard (sprints or uphill)!
The chain dropped twice for a 40km ride today !! Front and rear !! It dropped on George st Sydney!! So embarrassing...... .......My old 2011 cell cyclone (105) done about 1500kms and only dropped once on me!!
I do use a torque wrench to adjust all nuts and bolts on the bike!!

Can't justify spending $2599 for such a noise machine!!!!

Looking for a refund now !!! So disappointed, unhappy and embarrassed!!

Billy

paulz

Postby paulz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:27 pm

r6bigo wrote:Hi all,

First time poster here !

Got my Azzurri Di2 for about 2 weeks now. So far only done about 100kms of rides. First impression are: Groupset is perfect !! Sorry to say I must've got a faulty frame! It makes so much noise!!
Could have a seat post problem as discussed before ! Swap to an alloy seat post and still have creaking noise!! BB makes lots of loud ticking noise when powering down hard (sprints or uphill)!
The chain dropped twice for a 40km ride today !! Front and rear !! It dropped on George st Sydney!! So embarrassing...... .......My old 2011 cell cyclone (105) done about 1500kms and only dropped once on me!!

Billy
Try checking your handlebars and grease the seat post. Droppping the chain is most likely a matter of minor adjustments. Download the installation manual for the Ui2 and it has an easy step by step process of adjusting the gears. I have dropped the chain on the front twice, but after some minor changes it is running sweet again. Have you spoken to CE about the issues you have experienced?

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi paulz,

I sent them an email yesterday afvo, but still no reply! Called them since this morning but no one answered !! They must be having a holiday or something.

The seatpost has been greased and handlebar is fine! About the chain drop, its really annoying! So far my good old 105 is out performing the Ui2 !! :(

Billy.

kellyu

Postby kellyu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm

r6bigo wrote:Hi paulz,

I sent them an email yesterday afvo, but still no reply! Called them since this morning but no one answered !! They must be having a holiday or something.

The seatpost has been greased and handlebar is fine! About the chain drop, its really annoying! So far my good old 105 is out performing the Ui2 !! :(

Billy.
Did you use grease or carbon preparation paste? There is a difference.

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

r6bigo wrote:Hi paulz,

Billy.

Umm......... , yesterday was sunday and today is a public holiday.

Give em a call tomorrow.

gassyndrome

Postby gassyndrome » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Do not apply regular grease to carbon!! It will be permanently affected is my understanding.

mezla

Postby mezla » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:32 pm

r6bigo wrote:Hi all,

First time poster here !

Billy
Sounds like it's not set up properly... which is also the likely cause of the noise.

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 am

Hi all,

I just put on a different seatpost, an alloy one with a different saddle!! Still no good !! I have asked my friends and none of them uses carbon paste ...etc !!Why use it if the bike is fine?? Btw i m 6 foot tall and 90kgs, maybe i m too heavy for this bike ??? About the settings, I did paid more for a compact crankset ! I assume they will do a final check before they ship it out again ! Won't they ???

Sorry didn't know it was public holiday in Victoria ! Will try again tomorrow!

Billy

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 am

kellyu wrote:
Did you use grease or carbon preparation paste? There is a difference.

I didn't put any grease or paste on but their are some dark red colour grease on the seatpost already !!

mezla

Postby mezla » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 am

r6bigo wrote:I just put on a different seatpost, an alloy one with a different saddle!! Still no good !! I have asked my friends and none of them uses carbon paste ...etc !!Why use it if the bike is fine?? Btw i m 6 foot tall and 90kgs, maybe i m too heavy for this bike ??? About the settings, I did paid more for a compact crankset ! I assume they will do a final check before they ship it out again ! Won't they ???

Sorry didn't know it was public holiday in Victoria ! Will try again tomorrow!

Billy
The bike comes with an alloy seatpost: FSA SL-270

I am 184cm (6' ½") and also 90kg (or maybe 89 after my long weekend of epic ridingness :D) and I have not had any problems like yours. Chain dropping has got to be a derailer adjustment issue, in which case: RTFM. These things aren't meant to arrive ready to go... you should do a little bit of bike maintenance first. It's VERY easy.

IMO, adjust your rear and front derailers and see how it it. Also, make sure the bolt that holds your stem down (the one on top) is nice and tight... I did experience some noise from this after I was messing around with stuff.

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I m too too worried about the mechanical side of things! All bikes needs maintenance! It's just the seat tube noise and possibly bb problem bother me the most!

Called CE, their reply is put more grease on the seatpost and on the saddle rails. Tighten all the nuts... Etc! I told them it's already at recommended torque requirements but still go for a bit more!!!!! Regarding bb told me to take it to a lbs!

Billy

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 pm

I mean not too worry about the mechanical side of things

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:17 pm

r6bigo wrote:I m too too worried about the mechanical side of things! All bikes needs maintenance! It's just the seat tube noise and possibly bb problem bother me the most!
For the seat tube noise, there are specific grease's like Ritchie Liquid Torque. Or you can try
simple old-fashioned hair spray. What is good enough to set the girlfriend's hair, is often good
enough to lock seat posts and flat-bar bike handlebar grips etc.,. into position.

As for your apparent BB problem, why are you so sure it is coming from the BB, and not something
else you have fitted (like the pedals or cranks) ? It can be pretty hard to pinpoint noise sources when there are other things masking or overlaid on them. You might be better eliminating the
other fitting problems, then see what noises remain - before blaming the bike build.

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 pm

CE has agreed to cover the costs of a lbs visit!

Why am I concerned?? This bike is considered as an upgrade over my cell bikes with 105 groupset! So far I m not happy about it! As I said during my 1500km of ownership, it performed brilliantly!

If you have problems and they are providing service, warranty or refund! Will you use it???

Maybe $2599 is nothing to you but I certainly don't think its a cheap bike! Why I bought it and waited for a month??? Cuz its a bargain!

Billy

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm

mezla wrote:
The bike comes with an alloy seat-post: FSA SL-270

Also, make sure the bolt that holds your stem down (the one on top) is nice and tight... I did experience some noise from this after I was messing around with stuff.

The seat post is alloy inside , but is carbon wrapped.
So it is carbon in carbon(post in frame).
I had a slight creak from mine after a few rides , pulled it out , cleaned and greased it with Pedro's synthetic grease , problem fixed.
Have used this grease on all sorts of MTB components for many years , and never had a problem with it.

Also be careful of over tightening the top cap on your stem.
This is for tensioning the headset bearings , and if over tight , will kill the bearings and make the bike handle badly.
A job that usually needs to be done after a few weeks riding , as things settle in.
You need to loosen the pinch bolts at the back of the stem , then tighten the top cap so that there is no free play in bearings , but the bars still turn smoothly from side to side, then re torque/tighten pinch bolts.

Actually you have reminded me about a job I have been meaning to do for a couple of weeks.
Most factory assembled bikes come with very little grease in the headset.
Have been meaning to drop the forks and check , and re-grease if necessary.

razon

Postby razon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Have had the same problem with my newly built Kuota Kharma. Noise only comes when powering up. When your riding and powering up, it's pretty hard to focus on the noise and where it's coming from.. My initial thought was the bb but was wrong and it was the handlebar/ stem making noise. Using torque wrench, it might be a good idea to re tighten them. As you power up, you also put force on your grips to the hbars..

Same here i'll be using the warranty but I'll try to figure it out myself just so I can have more uderstanding with my bike and i guess it's part of the bonding process..

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:08 pm

The bike is in a bike shop now! Will let you guys know what's going on by tomorrow!

Maybe the bike is too stiff?? My old bike never have creaking noise problems! Always use torque wrench.. Etc

Billy

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

OK got my bike back from lbs.

Results are : very little grease on bb. Applied liquid torque on seat post.
Strange noise when power down is actually from the back wheel! Not enough tension on spokes!

Will do a proper ride to test it again!

For those who bought this bike, grease it up! The mechanic commented that the bike have very little grease around the bike!

As to the weird wheel noise, I personally never encountered this! On other stock wheels, carbon wheels or expensive wheels on my friends bike!

2 mechanics did road test to find the weird noise and commented that this bike is very stiff and very smooth, with such a small price tag!
One rider is about 60kg and didn't get any noise then another 6 foot tall rider (about 80kg) and got the noise!

Maybe I m too heavy for this bike and the frame is very stiff hence the wheels is flexing so much!

I hope all the problems should be fixed now!

Looking forward for my problem free ride!

Billy

Arlberg

Postby Arlberg » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 pm

r6bigo wrote:OK got my bike back from lbs.

Billy

This is great information! Let us know how it goes Billy. I had a few issues with mine as well. I do question Cycling Express's claim that they thoroughly test ride all bikes before they leave the shop. Mine looked like it had never been opened since it left Taiwan and it needed a lot of adjustments to make it 'rideable'.

garbo

Postby garbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm

r6bigo wrote:OK got my bike back from lbs.

Results are : very little grease on bb. Applied liquid torque on seat post.
Strange noise when power down is actually from the back wheel! Not enough tension on spokes!

Will do a proper ride to test it again!

For those who bought this bike, grease it up! The mechanic commented that the bike have very little grease around the bike!

As to the weird wheel noise, I personally never encountered this! On other stock wheels, carbon wheels or expensive wheels on my friends bike!

2 mechanics did road test to find the weird noise and commented that this bike is very stiff and very smooth, with such a small price tag!
One rider is about 60kg and didn't get any noise then another 6 foot tall rider (about 80kg) and got the noise!

Maybe I m too heavy for this bike and the frame is very stiff hence the wheels is flexing so much!

Billy

About the back wheel, I had some creaking on mine (Oct shipment), and didn't know where it was coming from, thought it might have been the BB. But then I had a feeling it was the spokes, where they cross each other. I figured they might be rubbing when the wheel flexed while hill climbing - the only time I hear the noise. I greased them where they cross, and the noise is better I think but not gone completely. Wondering if I should take for a service & check the spoke tension?
Yeti 575
Azzurri Forza Di2

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 pm

garbo wrote:Wondering if I should take for a service & check the spoke tension?
The Reynolds Solitude wheels are advertised as being "hand-built" - so it could be there's been some sloppy work
on a batch given several reports above.

At the moment, PBK have 20% off park tools - you could buy one of these Spoke Tension Meters and probably
get out of it cheaper than the bike shop - plus have a tool that's useful to check
on the wheel if you hit bumps, or as it ages.

You'd also still be a long way ahead of what you'd have paid for an equivalent specc'd bike from any other brand name.

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:34 am

Hi all,

I did a little test ride late last night!
The strange noise is gone, even heavy pedalling up the hills!

Although the seatpost still creaks a bit, but much better than before! I m going to buy a full carbon seat post, hopefully, the noise will be gone!

I just measured the spoke tension on the rear wheel with a park tool tension meter! Driver side is about 25 and none driver side is about 17.5! I forgot the unit of measurements as this is a rounded spoke! A bit higher than my other wheels!

The bike runs very good apart from the creaking noise!

Billy

r6bigo

Postby r6bigo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Garbo,

May I ask you, what is your weight??

I suspect this is caused purely by our weight! A light weight mechanic 60kg cannot get any noise! A 80kg + rider will have lots of noise!

Maybe its the design of the wheels?? I jump on my brother's bike purchased from ebay! Doing some tests, sprinting, uphill.. Etc. No noise from a Mavic krysium equipped wheels! Or should I say no noise at all from the bike!

Billy

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:21 pm

I had some strange noises on this mornings ride, sounded like rocks hitting spokes or something. Putting it down to the spokes maybe settling in.

Will have to keep an eye on it.

Besides that it's still great, still loving the gear changes.

Cheers