Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Bah,

Emailed em asking if they had a tracking no. and this is what they sent me:
Sent: Thursday, 17 March 2011 7:33 PM
To: Thomas Houseman
Subject: Re: free kits request

hey,

Our supplier said that your size is out of stock , they are waiting the factory to produce it....
I am sorry for that , anyway , once it's avaiable , we will ship it to you asap

cheers

Hi, did you send it with trackable shipping?
The others have all received theirs and I haven’t seen it arrive yet 

Thanks,

T.

Sent: Tuesday, 8 March 2011 4:59 AM
To: Thomas Houseman
Subject: Re: free kits request

Dear Thomas,

The free kits is shipped , you will receive it next week ( or later).

If you thought our services , products are OK for you , could you take few munites to write down you reivew for us ?
Plase click this link to start to write the reviews for us :
http://www.resellerratings.com/survey.p ... r_id=32676

Thank you very very much!

Best regards

- Dart
Hopefully they do it and honor their promise, as I needed the same sizes GRT046 got....

Sweeper59

Postby Sweeper59 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 am

Has anyone tried custom cycling gear from Escape Cycling ?

I saw an advert which advertised custom printed cycling tops as low as $36.

http://www.nichedistributions.com/index ... Itemid=146
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!

limetang

Postby limetang » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Once again I have to recommend Prendas!!

Genuine Santini jerseys ( superior to the cheapies that I have in every way ) from $25 + delivery depending on sizing.

eg- http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... =2&ID=2813

I ordered a TDU Jayco sprinters jersey from them about a month ago, used it on a few decent rides and its very nice. $31 too :D

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Wow... Mine arrived today and a nice piece of kit it is. Sizing guide online seems very accurate except for the body weight estimate.

Review to come after I've worn it!

T.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 am

That is a nice jersey. Two more centimeters off the waist and I will be rewarding myself with a couple of jerseys from Pendas.

Andrew
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Lonerider1968 wrote:I just bought , from Ground effect { N.Z Company } a "Rock Lobster" . It is a summer specific top with a 30+ SPF rating. A little higher on the "Limelight" colour I bought. $92.00 delivered. Not that cheap I"ll admit but after buying some 3/4 "Helter Skelter" FULLY water proof longs, I know thieir stuff is good and made to last. :D
Just wondering how you went with the Rock Lobster, particularly in summer.

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Took a punt on some 'Rapha' jersey/bib shorts from Mupi, will report once arrived. :wink:

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Took a punt on some 'Rapha' jersey/bib shorts from Mupi, will report once arrived. :wink:
I'd like to see Rapha do a knock off Chinese jersey, i.e. Rapha quality, but slightly off printing and a bit of subtle Chinglish. The type of thing that people would look at and say Say What?

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:Took a punt on some 'Rapha' jersey/bib shorts from Mupi, will report once arrived. :wink:
I'd like to see Rapha do a knock off Chinese jersey, i.e. Rapha quality, but slightly off printing and a bit of subtle Chinglish. The type of thing that people would look at and say WT??
Lapha Condor :)
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

My 'Rapha' kit arrived today, sizing is pretty accurate as per their website, will give a ride report this weekend. 9 days to my door from payment, pretty happy with that.

steve-waters

Postby steve-waters » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Please do give report.
Roadie:Merida Scultura Team 2017 Lintaman shoes mid-foot SpeedPlays
MTB:TWE 29er, Fox Terralogic, XT, 3T and TWE wheels

Crowella

Postby Crowella » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Would be great to hear what you think. I've still got my custom kit from them on it's way. :)
Adam
Specialized Sirrus 2011
Avanti Quantum 2.0 2011

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Had a full custom jersey x2 made up by Mupi, was $80 delivered which is pretty darn cheap. Haven't worn them yet tho so can't comment on quality.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 pm

SuperCycleClothing

Got these two for $60 shipped, arrived in a week. Nalini Gerolsteiner and a Descente CSC

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I ordered a second set from Mupi because i stuffed the order, ordered a L set of bib shorts instead XL. So i reordered another set, this time a L jersey and XL bib shorts. This way i can sell a L/L set and keep the XL/XL set for me.

In true fashion, quick reply and quick postage.

Mupicycling

Ordered/paid - 7/3
Arrived - 15/3

Will give it a 70km run this sunday =)

steve-waters

Postby steve-waters » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Love all this ordering - someone going to go for a ride with their gear on? :)
Roadie:Merida Scultura Team 2017 Lintaman shoes mid-foot SpeedPlays
MTB:TWE 29er, Fox Terralogic, XT, 3T and TWE wheels

ezzy

Postby ezzy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Mad designs fixgear jerseys. they're normally $50 but i was lucky to find one for $25.
Jersey was nice and a good fit so I ordered another 2.
I had enough with the team advertisement jerseys and dunno why I'm into skulls now.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320837744217
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220690042084 ... 1497.l2649
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320612768205 ... 1497.l2649

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 pm

My initial review of the Rapha Jersey and Bib shorts from Mupicycling after a 70km charity run today.

Material looks and feels a little more polyester compared to some of my other jerseys and bibs, ie Nalini, Descente and Pearl Izumi.

Bib shorts fit well, chamois in the right position imo. Not too far forward, not to far back. As others have mentioned, it is a little thicker, but not as dense as my pearl izumi's. Also noticed not alot of padding in the 'centre' of the chamois.

As others have mentioned, legs do cut in a little into the thighs, nothing major, noticeble a tiny bit, but you forget about it soon enough.

I feel the jersey dosnt breathe as well because of the extra polyester, compared to my other jerseys. Might be good on cooler days cos you dont feel the wind straight through, but warmer for warmer days though.

I find sizing runs true as per the size guide.

I hand cold washed them after my ride and did experience a little colour running, again nothing major, just a few lines and patches, mainly on the inside, not the outside so not noticble

Initial veridct, i think it represents good bang for buck, specially for noobs such as myself who cant justify spending big money on full kit, yet :twisted:

The real test will be longevity and wear, but for the price, you could buy a few different pairs and spread the wear and tear. Kinda hard to say no if your looking for kit.

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm after some feedback on the sizing of mupi bib longs if anyone has tried them. I am 184cm and 83kgs and was leading to a large even though the weight they list in their sizing chart is alot less than mine. Their site also advises to order one size bigger than normal. The length for size L seems about right :? :?:

balap

Postby balap » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Sydguy wrote:Anaconda - the sport/adventure chain have some VERY plain jerseys I think their brand is Fluid.

They had sort sleeve basic down to $20 last weekend - unsure how long the sale is on for.

Sizing was the problem - the nicer looking ones had no mediums left so I did not buy.

I think some of them are listed on their website. Hope this was not mentioned earlier in this thread... only read a few pages ;)
I bought one of this in white (Fluid Pro). Very plain but I like it so I bought another one online. Delivery was less than $7.
They have it on black or white. Nice material.
The one that are selling online for $20 (down from $85) is actually nicer than the more expensive ones at the their shops.

Crowella

Postby Crowella » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm

My kit has arrived (finally). Here are some pictures. I will put up a review in the appropriate section of the forum too.

Black bibs to save embarrasment :lol:

Back of the jersey, showing the well upscaled logo

Close up of the printed logo (which I admit is tacky, but it is from a 30 year old business). Looks well printed to me.

Should note that the logo turned out well considering all I had on hand was a "low res" (850px wide) picture so kudos for MUPI for making it nice and clean. The text was also a huge jpg I made because I didn't like their texts.

A basic first fit verdict. It fits amazingly well, their sizing guide which says you need to go up one size to what you would ordinarily wear for cycling is spot on. The only issue so far from wearing is the chamois padding feels huge like some have mentioned but that will likely be fine when riding. First real test is tomorrow.
Adam
Specialized Sirrus 2011
Avanti Quantum 2.0 2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 pm

How long from when you ordered till it arrived?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Crowella

Postby Crowella » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

If I recall, I started the order on 10/02/2012, so almost two months ago (Chinese New Year too, which I guess explains the next bit...)

The "support ticket" was finalised and they processed the order on the 24/02/2012. The delay was due to me asking for them to change the size of the bib knicks since the knicks and shirt are different sizes. They also had a few days to check over the design and modify it if necessary.

Shipping commenced on the 27/03/2012 and shipped via Intl. China Mail which was the cheapest option and probably least advisable (even they say so). So the shipping was quick and the manufacturing process a bit longer than the quoted 14 days.

Like I mentioned, I will do a proper review in a rather large write up, get some better photos and hopefully summarise whether or not this is a good deal or right for someone.

Also, I would like to thank Dart (who was their representative on this forum last time they did a give away) for helping me through with the ticket. The service was good and I'm happy so far. Just waiting for some daylight to try it out in. :D
Adam
Specialized Sirrus 2011
Avanti Quantum 2.0 2011

Crowella

Postby Crowella » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 am

As an update, used the kit for two days now on about 70km of riding in warm weather. It gets the nod of approval :) I felt comfortable in the kit. There are some things that could be better but overall did the job well and I'll mention a bit more soon.
Adam
Specialized Sirrus 2011
Avanti Quantum 2.0 2011