MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Mountainbiking central

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Good idea gcouyant, message sent

toolonglegs wrote:Are you claiming all your cycling stuff back as a tax deduction Mike ?.
Seeing you earn part of your living from cycling ?.


ATO Fitness and sporting industry employees - what expenses can I claim?


I suppose it depends if your self employed or staff.
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14355
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

by BNA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 pm

BNA
 

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Good idea gcouyant, message sent

toolonglegs wrote:Are you claiming all your cycling stuff back as a tax deduction Mike ?.
Seeing you earn part of your living from cycling ?.


ATO Fitness and sporting industry employees - what expenses can I claim?


I suppose it depends if your self employed or staff.


I'm both, I work for 3 different gym chains + the daytime job. Some places I'm an employee and other places I'm a contractor
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 pm

mikesbytes wrote:I did find these ones, but I can't tell if they are Vernice
NIB Sidi Dragon 2 SRS MTB Carbon Cycling Shoes 43 US$297.99 + $30 postage


So now I've confirmed they are Vernice, I've purchased them
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 pm

If you have an ABN then I can't see what ever you need for work can't be claimed back... isn't the link you provided for staff only. Self employed can claim back a lot more... or at least % of purchases.
I claimed back a gazzilion of things working as a photographer... you need to have cycling equipment to work so you can claim it back.
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14355
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:40 pm

toolonglegs wrote:If you have an ABN then I can't see what ever you need for work can't be claimed back... isn't the link you provided for staff only. Self employed can claim back a lot more... or at least % of purchases.
I claimed back a gazzilion of things working as a photographer... you need to have cycling equipment to work so you can claim it back.


Claiming business deductions

more specifically
Guide to claiming business deductions
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 pm

There you go... all your clothing / equipment for spin classes is 100% deductible.
Doing 300 plus spin classes a year makes a hell of a lot of over stuff claimable as well :D .
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14355
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:40 am

Also makes me very tired
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby gcouyant » Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm

mikesbytes wrote:So now I've confirmed they are Vernice, I've purchased them


So Mike, what's it like to have your class participants wear dark glasses to protect them from the bright red bling?
George from iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier Systems
User avatar
gcouyant
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: MTB Shoes carbon vs plastic

Postby mikesbytes » Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Especially under the fluro lights
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Previous

Return to MTB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit