Coot-tha results?

notwal

Coot-tha results?

Postby notwal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Does anyone know when they are due to be posted?
judged, insulted, gone

mcarrigg

Re: Coot-tha results?

Postby mcarrigg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I am not sure of this year, but last year they were put out around 6pm on the day of the ride, i was looking forward to my progress from last year to this year, but i got a flat front tyre about 600m after the start of the climb :cry:

notwal

Postby notwal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:15 pm

mcarrigg wrote:I am not sure of this year, but last year they were put out around 6pm on the day of the ride, i was looking forward to my progress from last year to this year, but i got a flat front tyre about 600m after the start of the climb :cry:
Bummer! You couldn't go back and start again I suppose. That may or may not confuse the timer.
judged, insulted, gone

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Fastest time on the day 6:32!

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:26 pm

mcarrigg wrote:I am not sure of this year, but last year they were put out around 6pm on the day of the ride, i was looking forward to my progress from last year to this year, but i got a flat front tyre about 600m after the start of the climb :cry:
Damn... I think i saw you. :(

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Comedian wrote:Fastest time on the day 6:32!
His strava result was 6:30
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

Le Velo

Postby Le Velo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:01 pm

6:30 that is just insane ..., and he will be racing at mount cotton also and no doubt take a win, a credit to the guy

As for myself my strava time says 9:47 which is a PB by far and happy with that, on the other hand I hit the deck down the river taking a corner too sharp and Cornering too low at high speed and down I went ...some skin off, shifters damaged, shoe buckle damaged and a buckled carbon wheel .... Argh .... Had a good pace with some guys I hooked with and we were doing well till then and just slowly rolled to southbank in pain .... And a bruised ego :oops:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Crittski wrote:
His strava result was 6:30
good to run into you today Crittski

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Was that the guy who had a motorcycle pacing him????

I wasn't ever going anywhere near double that but if it wasn't straight up then I feel for the person who came second.

The other thing that really bugged me was a certain political highjacking the ride to promote their political party, I'm all for a persons political choices but the amount of people riding around in shirts with political flags & messages on their bikes was poor form in my opinion.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Results are up!

http://www.wizardresults.com.au/default.aspx

I got a low 9:40 which I'm happy with. Couldn't have done any better on the day. I exceeded my max hr by 15 and got climbers cough at the top (athsma). Next year I'll take nothing less than a 8.??. :)

ray

Postby ray » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:56 pm

mcarrigg: Would you by chance be the guy in yellow with a bit of green and red on your jersey and knicks? I had the video cam on the handlebars to record my climb and saw a guy fixing his front tyre.

Just checked the results site and just made it under 13 minutes (12:59). First time up Cootha ever. Had no idea how hard to go - had a bit in reserve in the end but just happy to make it up without stopping or getting off :)

Doing the Ipswich 100 mile in 2 weeks can't wait.
Last edited by ray on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I PB'd at 10:31 which I'm pretty happy with on my flat bar bike. The rest of the ride was pretty cruisey so I'm looking forward to having a long flat out ride on the B2GC very much now :) Next year my goal is a 9 something. I could lose 10kg to start with... Did an extra 15km along the bicentenial bikeway flat out to round it up to my first century in about .... 10 years :shock:

Saw one crash near the river not too far from the end, looked like a sliced up knee as a result.

Saw a *lot* of flat tyres. I might have had 1.1kg of marathon plus's on my bike but even after tempting fate by saying I was definitely not going to get a flat and I laugh in the face of superstition, it still didn't happen :P

Edit: Just looking at the results & video, I passed 74 people on the way up and was passed 0 times :) Then again I'd been taking it easy till then so was well back in the field so the fast riders were probably well in front..
Last edited by InTheWoods on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcarrigg

Postby mcarrigg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

ray wrote:
mcarrigg: Would you by chance be the guy in yellow with a bit of green and red on your jersey and knicks? I had the video cam on the handlebars to record my climb and saw a guy fixing his front tyre.
T'was I. Made a meal out of the tube swapover too :oops:

Anyway elapsed time of 32:04 and strava tells me i was stationery for 20:11 changing the tire so a climbing time of 11:53 for me, maybe add a bit of time for the energy saved swapping the tube but i am happy, 3 mins better than last year (14:59)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Officially did a 10:02 which I'm extremely happy with. Inwood and I definitely enjoyed the day. Though I do have to wonder if BQ ride the roads before they choose the course. A lot of the roads were well, course.

My Garmin speed sensor played up (cadence was fine) so it's the wheel sensor placement which I've since adjusted. Hope that's better, for next time.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Inwood wrote: Saw a *lot* of flat tyres. I might have had 1.1kg of marathon plus's on my bike but even after tempting fate by saying I was definitely not going to get a flat and I laugh in the face of superstition, it still didn't happen :P
You did that time on those tyres???? Dude - get some decent rubber and you'll be there like 30 seconds faster!
jasonc wrote:Officially did a 10:02 which I'm extremely happy with. Inwood and I definitely enjoyed the day. Though I do have to wonder if BQ ride the roads before they choose the course. A lot of the roads were well, course.

My Garmin speed sensor played up (cadence was fine) so it's the wheel sensor placement which I've since adjusted. Hope that's better, for next time.
Well done!

Those wheel speed sensors are super fiddly in my experience.

heanous

Postby heanous » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Well done to all who rode - it was a pretty good day.

For me, 9.36 which was nice, felt really rough for the first 500m but kicked for the rest.

bprb

Postby bprb » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Well done to everyone who took part, and big thanks to the organisers and all the volunteers, marshals and police, plus the onlookers who provided a kind word along the way.

Does anyone know how the guys on CityCycles finished up? I passed 3 of them by the start of the ICB, and it was looking like tough work. But I was thinking there were supposed to be 4 of them, so for the rest of the ride I was wondering if I'd missed one or he was still in front of me.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:54 pm

19mins something for me today, not my best time but I've only gone up the back way twice until today...and I had ridden 50ks before hitting Coot-tha, 103 k's for the day.

Nice to ride with you for the last 10k Steve...I might take you up on the offer of coaching so I can reduce my time for next years run :)
Lisa

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 pm

bprb wrote:Does anyone know how the guys on CityCycles finished up? I passed 3 of them by the start of the ICB, and it was looking like tough work. But I was thinking there were supposed to be 4 of them, so for the rest of the ride I was wondering if I'd missed one or he was still in front of me.
Me too, I passed 3 of them (I think) on the ICB.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm

I really feel for you mcarrigg, your story is a carbon copy of mine, really keen to see improvement, was going very well considering my poor lead up and then got a flat about halfway up. Absolutely heartbroken, i was heading to match last yrs time of 11:11 but ended up with 28:27 :cry: . Last time i ever use a Specialized tyre, i knew i should have put a Refuse on instead.

Aside from that i had a good day, the gateway was interesting (though i much prefer the tunnel, and the ripples in the concrete made the descent a bit interesting), the honey shotz being handed out before coot-tha were very handy and the weather was good. Had one idiot pass me dangerously closely at 70ish kmh coming down coot-tha but other than that very sensible riding from everyone i saw. Can't wait for next year.

P.S. I like the shirt this year too :) .

P.P.S did anyone else see the guy on the lovely chromed steel columbus frame? As i passed i asked him a bit about it, it was a 70 cm frame! :shock:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 am

last 5 years
Last edited by PawPaw on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

colaiacw

Postby colaiacw » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 am

Hi all,

Good to hear that it was a great ride, some awesome times in there. Unfortunately, I could not attend as I had an acute attack of gout on Friday. I was hoping that it would clear up by Sunday, but I could not even get my shoe on let a lone peddle a bike, which sucked big time. :(

Oh well, look forward to next year. Now I have to get back to my fitness level for the Ipswich century in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.
Merida Scultura Evo 909 Full Dura Ace (Weekender) & Merida HFS 904 Com Full Ultegra (Trainer)

When you feel yourself struggling up a hill, just get over it!

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Well done all, some good times posted.
Especially the 10.30 on Marathons, heaps of improvement in equipment alone there!

yochris77

Postby yochris77 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

And the age group was 50-59!

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

yochris77 wrote:
And the age group was 50-59!
Results page says 30-34 for the rider who got 6:32 (aged 32)?