Where do you park your expensive commute bike

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Re: Where do you park your expensive commute bike

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

I park the whole of my expensive $170 commute under the desk just behind the wastepaper basket.

I got it easy, haven't I.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

by BNA » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 am

BNA

Postby Phil » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 am

Cyclecover Insurance - just replaced my home and contents cover with it - worked out to be $200 more, which is way cheaper then a cycle only product, without the nasty restrictions.

Plus new trike is in a locked storeroom in our underground carpark, as I can live with it being stolen, but the two-three months it will take to replace it is a right proper PITA.
Phil

Postby westab » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Behind my desk at work (not realy expensive but it is valuable to me) and when at the local swimming in the bike racks they have. Here I use two chains that go through the wheels frame and rack. Everything comes off the bike and the staff for the swim school and reception know both of my machines and keep an eye on them for me. It is also parked under the closed circuit video camera. I have had no one touch my bike in five years (touch wood it never happens) and only one person look at it (the staff from the pool just mentoned that before this gentlemen did anything remeber to smile for the camera and he simply walked away)

Either of my machines don't look that great and my weekly clean happens on Wednesday night so they look as un-loved as possible on Wednesday at swimming. :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab

Previous

Return to Commuting