Earning your Assos

Parker

Earning your Assos

Postby Parker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Everyone

Here's the link to an article that appeared on SheRides Cycling this morning, a story about Shari Aubrey and her journey from a bike path to beach road. Her challenges and her success and ultimately the empowerment that she's achieved from running and riding a bike.

http://sheridescycling.wordpress.com/20 ... our-assos/

Thank you for reading.

Cheers
Rowena

lt

Re: Earning your Assos

Postby lt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:27 am

Parker wrote: her journey from a bike path to beach road.
Oh, and she's an inspiration to us all. Riding on beach road - incredible! Hear the tinkle as the glass ceiling falls... women could never play golf, but look, look at them now!
We’re discussing a woman who used to eat one block of Cadbury’s a day and consider it okay. Not anymore; she now only consumes good chocolate from France and Italy.
No longer is she a mere glutton - she's a glutton with class and sophistication.

But srsly, this is inspirational to you? To anyone?

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:03 pm

I, for one, found the article inspirational!

I can relate being a late-comer to the sport in my early 40's, and I've done things that I never though possible...setting myself achievable goals along the journey to challenge myself with has boosted my confidence and progress with my riding.

Thanks for posting it Rowena.
Lisa

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I do. Beach Rd can be very intimidating to a n00b and it's not just the smokeboxes that make it so.
Another great read Row, keep 'em coming.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 am

lt wrote:
Parker wrote: her journey from a bike path to beach road.
Oh, and she's an inspiration to us all. Riding on beach road - incredible! Hear the tinkle as the glass ceiling falls... women could never play golf, but look, look at them now!
We’re discussing a woman who used to eat one block of Cadbury’s a day and consider it okay. Not anymore; she now only consumes good chocolate from France and Italy.
No longer is she a mere glutton - she's a glutton with class and sophistication.

But srsly, this is inspirational to you? To anyone?
Yeah it is, I'm inspired by the smile on her face and the encouragement that she offers other women.

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 am

Mulger bill wrote:I do. Beach Rd can be very intimidating to a n00b and it's not just the smokeboxes that make it so.

Shaun
Very true Shaun

You'll be happy to hear I've joined the Vintage movement and scored myself a ladies vintage bicycle from Reid Cycles, it's Yellow and her name is Daphne.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, do keep reading, lot's more to come :)

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

marinmomma wrote:I, for one, found the article inspirational!

I can relate being a late-comer to the sport in my early 40's, and I've done things that I never though possible...setting myself achievable goals along the journey to challenge myself with has boosted my confidence and progress with my riding.

Thanks for posting it Rowena.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Parker wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:I do. Beach Rd can be very intimidating to a n00b and it's not just the smokeboxes that make it so.

Shaun
Very true Shaun

You'll be happy to hear I've joined the Vintage movement and scored myself a ladies vintage bicycle from Reid Cycles, it's Yellow and her name is Daphne.

I saw you and Daphne on SheRides, a sweet look indeed. In fact, that pic should be posted in the Cycling Chic thread 8)
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:55 am

Mulger bill wrote:
Parker wrote:

Shaun
Very true Shaun

I saw you and Daphne on SheRides, a sweet look indeed. In fact, that pic should be posted in the Cycling Chic thread 8)
Thanks for your support Shaun :)