Canberra Rotary Ride / 5 peaks

blc

Postby blc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Anyone else doing this ride next weekend?

http://www.rotaryrides.org.au/

skull

Re: Canberra Rotary Ride / 5 peaks

Postby skull » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm

yep, I am in.

I did a recon and went and rode Black Mountain then across to Mt Stromolo and Red Hill yesterday. Not too shabby.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:27 pm

$55 or whatever it is is a little too much for me for a ride I can do anytime for free unfortunately,. Did it a few years ago when it was cheaper and it was a good ride though.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

blc

Postby blc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Fair call, Haks.

Good excuse for out-of-towners like me to go visit Canberra for weekend, so I'm keen for that alone. Plus Rotary raise money for good causes, so hopefully they'll make a few bucks out of it.

Glad to hear from a local who rates the course though- cheers!

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeap its a great ride for out of towners and is pretty well supported along the route. Vikings are doing a race out from SFP on Sunday as well which I thought was a little unusual so i'll prob do that one.

auskonrad

Postby auskonrad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 am

HAKS wrote:Yeap its a great ride for out of towners and is pretty well supported along the route. Vikings are doing a race out from SFP on Sunday as well which I thought was a little unusual so i'll prob do that one.
Going to do D grade handicap group HAKS? From memory you said you were in D grade crits no? (please take no offense if you are much better than this). There's also the CCC Cotter ITT on Saturday too! Going to be a good weekend of racing.

Yeah, it's a ride a lot of people do any day of the week... so paying for the pleasure is a bit ... I don't know, but obviously an organised event like this will always raise the profile for a healthy pastime like cycling!

nescius

Postby nescius » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 am

auskonrad wrote:
HAKS wrote:Yeap its a great ride for out of towners and is pretty well supported along the route. Vikings are doing a race out from SFP on Sunday as well which I thought was a little unusual so i'll prob do that one.
Going to do D grade handicap group HAKS? From memory you said you were in D grade crits no? (please take no offense if you are much better than this). There's also the CCC Cotter ITT on Saturday too! Going to be a good weekend of racing.

Yeah, it's a ride a lot of people do any day of the week... so paying for the pleasure is a bit ... I don't know, but obviously an organised event like this will always raise the profile for a healthy pastime like cycling!
If you're doing the time trial check where the start is going to be, I've heard that it has been shifted to SFP (SFP to top of Mt Mac via Uriarra Crossing) due to road works on Cotter Rd.

5 Peaks looks like fun, but I probably won't be participating, a few big weekends of climbing has left me feeling a little fatigued.
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:03 pm

auskonrad wrote:
Plan is to do the CCC one on Sat and then likely the VCC on Sun depending on weekend commitments. D grade for both of them.

auskonrad

Postby auskonrad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

HAKS wrote:
auskonrad wrote:
Plan is to do the CCC one on Sat and then likely the VCC on Sun depending on weekend commitments. D grade for both of them.
See you at both mate. :D

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:49 pm

auskonrad wrote: See you at both mate. :D
Be sure to wave as you either sat) fly past me and/or sun) drop me :P

PS: what brand/kit you ride?

auskonrad

Postby auskonrad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

PM sent :)

mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Bummed I couldn't participate. I had leave passes used up after Amy's and Mont last two weekends. Nice weather for it.

skull

Postby skull » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

did it, my report is on the today's ride thread.