Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:25 pm
- Location: Sydney
On my MTB big at front meant pretty much only half way up the cluster, small at front = half the other way. Middle ring the whole shebang.
Is there a similar protocol on a roadie?
The chain slipped riding to work this morning and the chain was a bit crossed over. Could that be the reason (bike is new as of last Saturday)
- Posts: 10331
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
- Location: deep in the pain cave
crosschaining can sap power and add wear - basically the more you crosschain, the more pronounced those effects will be. there's no hard limit.
- Posts: 1844
- Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm
- Location: Brisbane
- Posts: 17154
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
- Location: Sydney AU
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
Hate leaving the big ring!... Cross chaining 39 to the 11 is a bit silly .
It is a non issue.
- Posts: 1528
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 am
Big -> big, faster wear, again, as others have mentioned not really a problem.
Just not worth worrying about.
If you are in big-big a lot, next time you change the rear cassette/chainrings opt for something with more range.
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 pm
- Location: Macleod, Melbourne
- Posts: 8598
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:01 pm
- Location: Kingsley
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users