Cleats moved

Unko

Cleats moved

Postby Unko » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm

ill just like to tel ya that my cleats have moved. Has it happen to U?? I had to take them to the mancanic to get them to drill out the screws. But i was rong they just got a hammer and an allen key and hammered the key into the hole

I was just wondering how often this happens

Unko

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Did the threads strip when you put them on?

Normally the knurled/studded side of the cleat will grab the sole of the shoe pretty well, but if the bolts come loose then the cleat can detach and make it impossible to unclip. You should use grease on the threads when you put the cleats on (if you ever want to remove them) and periodically check the tightness of the bolts.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Sometimes happens on mtb pedals (or road i suppose) after a big leg twisting crash...apart from that they should never move if installed properly.

531db

Re: Cleats moved

Postby 531db » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Unko wrote:ill just like to tel ya that my cleats have moved. Has it happen to U?? I had to take them to the mancanic to get them to drill out the screws. But i was rong they just got a hammer and an allen key and hammered the key into the hole

I was just wondering how often this happens

Unko
Having some trouble interpreting your post into the English language.

As far as I can make out:

You have been sick ("ill")
Had phone trouble ("tel")
Had some issues withn a U-lock ("U")
Encounted some sort of maniac ("mancanic")
Or have I got it all wrong? ("rong").

531db.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 am

:D :D

No Unko, cleats should not slip or move. In 15 years of using clipless pedals mine have never budged. They have big knobby spikes on the bottom that grip into your shoe sole.

Yours were not tightened up properly in the first place. Be more rigorous with tightening them when you install them.

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:52 am

on rode shooz wot R new U shouldd ruffen the soul with sum sand paper abit before skreWinG the cleetz on.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:13 am

Come on guys. Not everyone has English as their first language. :wink:

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Come on guys. Not everyone has English as their first language. :wink:

Cheers,
Graeme
Is that what it was? :lol: :lol:

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:24 pm

rustychisel wrote:on rode shooz wot R new U shouldd ruffen the soul with sum sand paper abit before skreWinG the cleetz on.
dats posed 2 B

on rode shooz wot r noo u shld ruffen da sole wiv sum sandpaypa b4 scrwing da cleetz n

wrd
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 pm

My dear sirs, I say, I don't suppose you'd mind not desecrating our Queen's English like that? I do so find it absolutely hideous trying to decipher some of that codswallop. I dare say it somehow even degrades my somewhat considerable intelligence, trying to read that, what. coherence. Anyway, my cup of tea is getting cold. Toodles! Now where'd I set down that biscuit...
[/faux Pommy demeanour]

In all seriousness, could we please stick to some semblance of English? Makes it so much easier to read. And as someone pointed out before, not everyone has perfect English (heck, I certainly don't), I doubt they'd like being poked fun at! Thanks!