Gran Fondo - Tweed Valley

JamesRyan

Gran Fondo - Tweed Valley

Postby JamesRyan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Has anyone cycled the courses that the Gran Fondo are being held on in May?

I'm fairly new to cycling but fancy a challenge. I've found information here - http://www.facebook.com/battleontheborder but would be great to get some advice from some cyclists who have either entered before or can offer info on the courses they've mapped out.

Thanks
J :D

whichway

Re: Gran Fondo - Tweed Valley

Postby whichway » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 pm

It's a great ride. I've done the 134km twice. Fairly well organised and beautiful country. Nice mix of river flats and hills.

Usually they post a link to the course up on mapmyride or one of the other sites. Try googling tweed fondo and look for the QSM pages. There are links.

JamesRyan

Postby JamesRyan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:09 pm

whichway wrote:It's a great ride. I've done the 134km twice. Fairly well organised and beautiful country. Nice mix of river flats and hills.

Usually they post a link to the course up on mapmyride or one of the other sites. Try googling tweed fondo and look for the QSM pages. There are links.
Thanks whichway. Found some info on qsmsports.com like you suggested. I think I might have a go at the 134km distance as well - should be a bit of fun.

Thanks
J

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 am

It's my local area, so i ride the various roads regularly.
All these roads aree great and easy to ride, though I suspect the large groups that an organized event bring create more hazard than I get riding alone.
Generally, I find people very considerate though I did have a guy towing a caravan shave me yesterday half way up a hill. He clearly did not want to slow down on the hill.
The main Expressway is a great ride. Wide safe and fast.
Have they put Tomewin back in this year ? I saw they excluded it last year.
You have officially become your parents.

shaneporter

Postby shaneporter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

Ken Ho wrote:It's my local area, so i ride the various roads regularly.
All these roads aree great and easy to ride, though I suspect the large groups that an organized event bring create more hazard than I get riding alone.
Generally, I find people very considerate though I did have a guy towing a caravan shave me yesterday half way up a hill. He clearly did not want to slow down on the hill.
The main Expressway is a great ride. Wide safe and fast.
Have they put Tomewin back in this year ? I saw they excluded it last year.
Tomewin not in this year.