I'm sure this has happened to you too...

User avatar
commi
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

I'm sure this has happened to you too...

Postby commi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:27 pm

I just started to wear knicks for riding since I bought a new bike a few weeks ago. I ride to work so I have to bring my work clothes (casual clothes) with me...

Today for the first time I forgot to bring undies...so I had to, 'scuse the language, freeball it.

Can't say it was a bad experience, but I'm sure I'll remember to bring the undies tomorrow. :lol:

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17480
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:02 pm

It can happen to any of us.

I keep a complete set of spare clothing at work. Problem is, I don't always work in the same location.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
Hotdog
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:00 am
Location: North Strathfield, Sydney
Contact:

Postby Hotdog » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:48 pm

Ooh, I've done worse than that, I once forgot to bring any clothes to change into and didn't have any stashed in my office either so had to spend the entire day in my cycling gear :oops:

I work in an 'academic' environment so there's no dress code (turning up in shorts, thongs and a t-shirt is fine) but even so wearing lycra in the meeting room is considered unusual...

User avatar
pospete
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Doncaster, Melbourne

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 am

In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17480
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:40 pm

pospete wrote:In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:


Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
LuckyPierre
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Some-one (who shall remain nameless) jumped on the wheel of a rider coming through the bunch on the first 'real' lap of last nights criterium and worked to stay with him - only to realise after the best part of a lap that the rider was from a higher grade. :oops:
It was bloody hard work, as he was on a breakaway from his bunch!
Fortunately, the marshals were too busy laughing to disqualify me (oops, I mean him).

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17480
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:04 pm

In my last race, in C grade at Heffron park in eastern Sydney, a rider went with B grade as they lapped us. I said to myself, thats cheating and no-one chased him, about 5 laps later we consumed him without taking any notice of him. If he had won, I wonder if he would of been disqualified ?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
LuckyPierre
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:08 pm

They did threaten me with "If you could keep up with him for that long, maybe we should promote you anyway".
I think that my quivering knees convinced them not to!

User avatar
sogood
Posts: 17153
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:20 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!

I crossed path with him this morning. Yep, his face told the story alright. :D
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

User avatar
pospete
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Doncaster, Melbourne

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:19 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
pospete wrote:In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:


Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!





Actually I have found most cyclists say hello, or at least nod. Apart from fat arsed women and iPod wearers and bmxers, oh and those pretending to be , or trying to be profesional. Well a few say Hi . I have to say tho that by and large the roadies seem to keep to themselves, tho I guess travelling at warp factor , as they do, it's dam near impossible.

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17480
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:22 pm

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!

I crossed path with him this morning. Yep, his face told the story alright. :D


Also saw him this morning, this time he saw me and gave a wave, so he can't of been hurting as much this morning.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A_P, BenGr, Bing [Bot], Carriage, Duck!, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Patt0, WyvernRH