My 4th Project/ Restoration

beachbum

My 4th Project/ Restoration

Postby beachbum » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:07 am

Okay. I need your help.

I have a track frame and I would like to identify it.

Previous seller had very little information in regards to who built it.

Key Features. Any information would be helpful. Has similair lugs to a few hillmans, but The lugs seem to be pretty common. I think the tubing may be tange, as Tange made Champion bottom brackets I think..

okay here starts the build thread part.

Here is how I bought the frame, Purchased from Gumtree.

Over the weekend I have stripped the frame and I will be sending my forks to get dechromed later this week. Hoping to have the primer done soon:)

beachbum

Re: My 4th Project/ Restoration

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:56 am

bump...

GaryF

Re: My 4th Project/ Restoration

Postby GaryF » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

I think you have probably gone as far as you can go tracing the builder. Your only hope is the serial number and someone recognising the stamping pattern.

It does sound like a nice frame and worth doing up. I have had similar frame identification/builder problems in the past so I 're-birthed' my frames as Hillman's as I really like them and their history. The guys at Hillman Cycles were quite happy to sell me the decals to fit to the frames once they had a look at them.

Beasley Cycles in Footscray would sometimes re-paint a nice frame and put their decals on it too. I sold them a Daccordi frame in need of a paint that they repainted and re-decaled.