Manly Dam

trailgumby

Manly Dam

Postby trailgumby » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Finally got out for the first time in over seven months after doing a collarbone last year for a couple of laps in around Manly Dam. I've been riding regularly but I find this track intimidating if it's damp, because if you slip up, it bites. The wooden boards and tree roots go like ice, and the sand sticks to your tyres like millions of ball-bearings on the smooth rock bits. Today it was pretty dry. :)

I was way slow (53 minutes compared to 41 last year) but gosh it was good fun, even with the trail being as rough as all get out after two months of heavy rain.

I had a bit of a play sessioning a techy step-down yesterday on a section of trail off the main loop as a taster, and it paid off today with a good result, with me feeling like I was in control and comfortable on the main trail.... although some of the steeper pinches I had to jump off on and walk after the front got a bit wandery. :oops:

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you one of the bits I like the most. Enjoy. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vvn0qo ... tube_gdata[/youtube]

L'iota

Re: Manly Dam

Postby L'iota » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 pm

TG, Great video and a great ride! Thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to more.
L'iota

toolonglegs

Manly Dam

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Brought back some memories!.
Wasn't too impressed with where it finished though ;-) .

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 am

Was out there last weekend, first ride in a decade there and it has changed ... Tougher.

Next time I now know the correct golf course turnoff. Right at the end, i had too look for the continueing trackbwhich was at the back left.
Cycling is in my BNA

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:33 pm

that looks like good fun! nice work TG.

i wonder if i can get my MTB up on the plane with me next time i'm up in sydney for work? :)