Shoe shops in Brisbane

slarv

Shoe shops in Brisbane

Postby slarv » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi BNA,

I am looking for a cycling shop in Brisbane that has a good range of cycling shoes.
In particular SPD mountain biking shoes for women, for around $120.

We have been to a few cycling shops but they generally don't have a consistent range in different sizes.

This will be for a first pair of clipless shoes + pedals so a helpful salesperson to ensure a good fit will be beneficial.

Shops around St Lucia, Toowong, Indro are going to be the most convenient but we can travel further or venture into the city.

Regards,

Slarv

Max

Re: Shoe shops in Brisbane

Postby Max » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Have you tried Epic Cycles? They're in Baroona Rd, Paddington. Not far from Milton. Last time I looked, they had a pretty big range of cycling shoes. I know Anaconda sell shoes too.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I don't think you'll find any LBS with a full range of sizes in all models in stock unless you are very lucky.
Try the following and hopefully find what you need in one of them:
"99 bikes" in Milton
Epic Cycles in Baroona Rd Paddington
Perhaps NRG Cycles (Avanti Plus) at Jindalee
Cyclenow in Indooroopilly

slarv

Postby slarv » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Max wrote:Have you tried Epic Cycles? They're in Baroona Rd, Paddington. Not far from Milton. Last time I looked, they had a pretty big range of cycling shoes. I know Anaconda sell shoes too.

Max
We have been to Epic Cycles before, but not with shoes in mind. Will give them a go.

Shops we have been to are Kenmore Cycles, 99 Bikes in Milton, CycleNow on Moggil Road.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:58 pm

As mentioned above Aussie LBSs don't necessarily stock a full range. I bought my last pair of Sidi's not realizing there are half sizes for wider forefeet.
The LBS didn't mention or stock them, and I had to go up a full size, which is a lot longer in the toe.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

There's also 'Chain Gang' at Seventeen Mile Rocks. Stronger MTB focus there but I have no idea what their range of women's shoes would be like.

Perhaps a case of 'fingers do the walking'.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm

I swear I'll never walk into Epic Cycles again. Went in there mid morning with a set of bars in my hands. Walked around looking at stuff for around 15 minutes, sizing my bars against their bars etc, while one staff member served the only other customer. Two other staff walked around and hung out at the counter the whole time I was there without asking me once if they could help.