Cycle clothing

Deanj

Cycle clothing

Postby Deanj » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Any good shop re-commendations to buy clothing? I've been to Bicycle Express, some of the JTs, super elliotts over the last couple of months, but, lots I've not been too. Need to get some winter clothing sorted, freezing when I left at just before 5 this morning in the hills :(

I'm guessing Bicycle Express will take some beating.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Ground Effect are a great bunch producing top gear. Their cadence top coupled with a windproof vest gets me through the coldest mornings a Melbourne winter can produce. Their MTB gear is shittot too.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I've had a few troubles ordering off the net, as I seem to be anywhere between small and large??? They've got some great lookig stuff though. How do you find their sizing?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 pm

They have a sizing chartand a great returns policyto help you there.
As an example, I'm 177cm and 83kg. 100cm chest and 94cm waist (expanded somewhat due to time off :roll: ) give or take a bit, I couldn't find the tailors tape...
I wear a medium top and small bottom, fits well on me.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 pm

You could also try cyclesports, a good source of UNO (and others). UNO is a good brand.

T7 often has specials on winter stuff - arm/leg warmers, boots.

Check out Dean Woods Direct too.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Matt_Matt

Postby Matt_Matt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Watch these guys for when the have a clearance sale.

I picked up a long sleeve jersey (UPF +50) for $29

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 pm

seconded the recommendation for Ground Effects, and I buy most of my stuff from the US (even with postage I save 40% or so).

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am

I wear Uno and Ground Effects stuff. Ground Effects' sizing chart works well for me (178cm / 78-80 kg). If you can get to a Uno outlet, check out their Cooltech baselayer / singlet and the Supremo Ghia bibknicks. I wear their mtb pants too (the 'Revolution' zip-off' ones).
Litespeed Classic - 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, Record 9-speed groupset, Open Corsa Evo CX
Alchemy Diablo - Columbus Zonal tubing, Ultegra 9-speed groupset, UltraGatorskins
Gitane Rocks T1 - U6 tubing, Deore/XT groupset, CrossMarks

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 pm

brettjames

Postby brettjames » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't have much confidence in sizing, UNLESS I have tried on that particular brand before.

Is there anywhere else in Adelaide (other than the obvious) which maybe a hidden treasure trove of options.

Seems hard to get suited with cycling tops in this little town.

Limit of sizes and stock drives me NUTS!!!

Bicycle Express
JT Cycles
Bernie Jones
Mega Bike
Rebel Sport - Marion

anything I might be missing ?

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm

needsapush wrote:Uno shops
Litespeed Classic - 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, Record 9-speed groupset, Open Corsa Evo CX
Alchemy Diablo - Columbus Zonal tubing, Ultegra 9-speed groupset, UltraGatorskins
Gitane Rocks T1 - U6 tubing, Deore/XT groupset, CrossMarks

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah I've been having some trouble myself the last few weeks trying to get some winter clothing, I don't think anyone else thinks it gets cold here. :wink: I bought some arm + leg warmers, boot covers, skull cap and rain jacket and wind proof jacket (which both had 30% off in a sale) from Adelaide Hills Cycles, very helpfull in their and I know they are due some stock in soon. I also bought a merino base layer from Rays Outdoors the weekend but not used it yet so can't say what its like.

Anaconda in Mile End also stock cycle clothing but it really depends what your after. I also headed into Lifecycle Bicycles last week as I won a voucher for them at an MTB race, got myself a good set of winter gloves and they said their winter stock was due in that day, also very helpfull in their so might be worth checking to see what they have. Everywhere else seems to be waiting for stock or getting it in a couple of weeks.

Going to give Ground Effect a go though when I have some cash to put in an order, as I want a few things from them.