Bad eating habits witnessed

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
wilier rider

Re: Bad eating habits witnessed

Postby wilier rider » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:15 pm

jet-ski wrote:That depends on your definition Apple. I have two of them. I couldn't have any more because the two I have are quite occupied with trying to kill each other.

My definition of 'crazy cat lady' involves 3 or more cats - or one of those houses where you walk in and there is a cat sitting on every available surface :shock:

Back on topic, has anyone here tried a deep fried mars bar? I have never been brave enough.
Deep fried mars bars are the best snack to get through a long day in the saddle i eat them regularly and i am 40 years young 78kg, fat is a state of mind think it you become it . (wilierrider)

slarv

Postby slarv » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 am

sandberry wrote:I've found myself in mcdonalds on a few uni all-nighters, and I've got a friend who gets "pounders", never quarter-pounders.
I had no idea you could ask for that.
I used to participate in late night Maccas runs while at Uni. We would compete to see who could eat a pounder the quickest. I held the record a few times until a friend reached the 3 minute mark.

Another friend took on the challenge of a Triple Pounder.

Then there was also the Cheese burger McFlurry.

Food for thought... or not.

GreyhoundCycle

Postby GreyhoundCycle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Has any of you seen how much and how fast kids eat at boarding schools?

I used to eat 8-10 roast chicken tights with skin on, a huge plate of potatoe mash, lots salads, 2-3 slices of apple crumble for lunch. Follow by 300g of pasta (weighted in dry packet before cooking) with lots sauce, cheese and salad for dinner. All meals are done in 45min.

Totally remember it because it was so enjoyable, taken out the stress and home sickness.

Today I can easily eat 2-3 pizzahut large pizzas for dinner but my wife will chop my hands off.

Last year I was experiencing an episode of hyper-thyroidism. Metabolism shot through the roof and I was eating 6 big meals a day and still lost 1kg every 2 weeks.

Btw, love Man vs Food... very sick but love to see big food~

rwibi

Postby rwibi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm

i love cycling but also love junk food :shock:

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:15 pm

If anyone is interested in the "Mcdonalds isn't junk food" *cough* show, Monday night 9.30 pm. I'm sure I'll be watching - just out of interest - not because i eat mcdonalds. :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/diet ... 1w0m7.html

singlespeedscott

Bad eating habits witnessed

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:32 am

GreyhoundCycle wrote:Has any of you seen how much and how fast kids eat at boarding schools?

I used to eat 8-10 roast chicken tights with skin on, a huge plate of potatoe mash, lots salads, 2-3 slices of apple crumble for lunch. Follow by 300g of pasta (weighted in dry packet before cooking) with lots sauce, cheese and salad for dinner. All meals are done in 45min.

Totally remember it because it was so enjoyable, taken out the stress and home sickness.

Today I can easily eat 2-3 pizzahut large pizzas for dinner but my wife will chop my hands off.

Last year I was experiencing an episode of hyper-thyroidism. Metabolism shot through the roof and I was eating 6 big meals a day and still lost 1kg every 2 weeks.

Btw, love Man vs Food... very sick but love to see big food~
Boarding school was my training ground for massive food consumption in a very short period of time. Particularly founders day were we got to eat the same sort of meals that the Brothers and Priests use to get every night of the week.
Senior supper in yr12 use to be a good scam for eating. Regularly I would nearly a eat a whole loaf of bread in one sitting.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 am

I can eat a kilo of prawns and 3-4 crabs in a sitting! :D Is that bad? :?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 am

On another note, it is real hard to drop back your eating habits, after you have been a competitor at a high level, so this is bad as far as eating habits go. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

slarv

Postby slarv » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 am

foo on patrol wrote:I can eat a kilo of prawns and 3-4 crabs in a sitting! :D Is that bad? :?

Foo
Only if you don't wash it down with a dozen oysters.

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:01 pm

I couldn't see that this had been added/linked, so here it is..... (avert your stomach now).....

http://thechive.com/2009/02/11/this-is- ... 31-photos/
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:21 pm

^^ :shock: :shock: ^^

Foo
Goal 6000km

msg

Postby msg » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 am

An old house mate of mine would use Khalua as a ice cream topping. About half a bottle to one litre of ice cream :shock:

cp123

Postby cp123 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

I watched "Embarrassing Fat Bodies" on tv last night. The guy who was 34 stone who appeared to be infertile cos his nuggets were so surrounded in fat they were cooking themselves. Skin rashes, rubs and folds... I don't feel quite so fat now....

skull

Postby skull » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

msg wrote:An old house mate of mine would use Khalua as a ice cream topping. About half a bottle to one litre of ice cream :shock:
I use to love the Bundy liquor on ice cream. Again 1/2 a bottle is standard practice.

Scott No Mates

Postby Scott No Mates » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

I'll add some of my faves on ice cream include: port, marsala, frangelico, kahlua, tia maria (all signs of a misspent youth).
I really should take up cycling!

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 pm

jet-ski wrote:Back on topic, has anyone here tried a deep fried mars bar? I have never been brave enough.
Yep, I lived in Scotland for a while. They deep fry just about anything there. It was delicious :twisted: and the perfect dessert for deep fried haggis :lol:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 pm

skull wrote:
msg wrote:An old house mate of mine would use Khalua as a ice cream topping. About half a bottle to one litre of ice cream :shock:
I use to love the Bundy liquor on ice cream. Again 1/2 a bottle is standard practice.
Nothing wrong with that, seems about right to me! :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

GreyhoundCycle

Postby GreyhoundCycle » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

foo on patrol wrote:I can eat a kilo of prawns and 3-4 crabs in a sitting! :D Is that bad? :?

Foo
I will not ride behind you the day after (or 2-3 days) you have this meal :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed May 02, 2012 10:26 am

Scott No Mates wrote:I'll add some of my faves on ice cream include: port, marsala, frangelico, kahlua, tia maria (all signs of a misspent youth).

Long story short; 12 years ago whilst backpacking around Canada, early spring with lots of mucky snow still around in Calgary I arrived home about 1am from a gig sans my key to the flat. Roomate staggered downstairs barefoot (fellow Aussie) to let me in..... still sans my key, which I had leant him. We spent the rest of the sleepless night curled up on the floor at opposite ends of the short hallway. Warm enough but very uncomfortable. The landlords with the spare key were due at their business a bit down the block the next morning at around 9am. :?

The perfect breakfast under this scenario? Baileys on Cocoa Pops (Canucks have different name but same same ) Fortunately neither of us had to be anywhere that day, so getting back to sleep on proper beds wasn't a problem ;)
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

scotto

Postby scotto » Wed May 09, 2012 3:39 pm

BarryTas wrote:I have witnessed a lot of bad eating habits/choices made by people....who would be considered overweight
why is that surprising ? you dont get fat by eating an apple and drinking coke zero before an hours exercise. i make lots of bad eating habits, like a block of cadburys or a pizza (a whole pizza). i exercise to 'fund' my diet !

the trouble with obesity is that it becomes a rapid downward spiral, often caused be extraneous factors like an injury or illness, be it physical or mental. comfort or boredom eating takes place. these people reach a stage where exercise is ineffective, and possibly the caloric demands of running a >150-250kg chassis demands over eating ?
i worked a lot with the morbidly obese after gastric banding, and even these people - who are motivated to fork out over $10k to make a start - have trouble changing their eating behaviours. like a hamburger in the blender and drunk down a straw.

and dont knock the cereals !! on uni camps it was always kahlua, milk and special k. we called it extra special k !!

arand18

Postby arand18 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

iv got a friend who has 4 cans of mother a day, then when im in class I can see him get delusional.