Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

master6

Re: Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

Postby master6 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Seventeen starters today, with one departing the event on the starters signal, in order to keep Australia running. Someone has to do it. Unusually good behaviour by all concerned, with a consistently invigourating pace all morning, resulting in an unheard of arrival back at the sacred site, Richmond Bakery, at 10.58am.
One new starter led astray by incorrect advice arrived for a 10am start. As some have previously discovered, a 9.01 arrival will see you 60 seconds behind the field. Better planning next week :D
Chat around the table was of the usual high standard, with one deflated ego lamenting the observation of "the meat still being in the freezer". Not the sort of thing one wants to discover during an all out attempt to thaw the meat :wink: :wink: :wink:

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:56 pm

How did RobRollin's lead-out train perform though?

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:56 pm

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:How did RobRollin's lead-out train perform though?
Robrollin was not rollin this morning, at least, not in Richmond.

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

What amasing aspects of the human condition will be exposed at Richmond tomorrow?

One of our more gentlemanly participants has , strangely, a desire for a bicycle with machine guns mounted fore and astern. It seems that this is still on the wish list, however he has obtained this as an interim measure:-

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Weather is looking Richmond-magic for the morning. The breeze should be slight and out of the north west. Perhaps we can get the owner of the bike below to help us cut through the wind.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Richmond magic it was. Clear sky, bit of breeze, low 20's temp, and good company. We should be sharing this secret with the north island population. Half of Australia thinks Melbourne weather is crap, and therefore, Tasmania being south of Melbourne, the weather in Tassie must be double crap.

How wrong they are.

How many extra tourists would we see if every adult Tasmanian conveyed the "Tasmania is beautiful" , with facts, to a mainlander, and every student conveyed the same message to a school class of their age ?

:D :D Todays ride was a beauty, as usual, with Sam winning the "Its not a race" award, and Rod collecting the "Where did the Its Not A Race go award " (confusing isn't it), by a margin of 30 seconds, according to him. The accuracy of the margin has not been verified, because all other participants were otherwise engaged, pedalling feverishly toward Colebrook , when Rod assessed the margin in Richmond.
"I got held up behind a Police car :D :D " :D

The jokes over coffee continued. I must get into the local library to get some joke books for Brian. :D :D

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 am

master6 wrote:Richmond magic it was. Clear sky, bit of breeze, low 20's temp, and good company. We should be sharing this secret with the north island population. Half of Australia thinks Melbourne weather is crap, and therefore, Tasmania being south of Melbourne, the weather in Tassie must be double crap.

How wrong they are.

How many extra tourists would we see if every adult Tasmanian conveyed the "Tasmania is beautiful" , with facts, to a mainlander, and every student conveyed the same message to a school class of their age ?

Perhaps only self opinionated people quote themselves, and then seek proof from others.

I plead guilty on both counts.

May I carry on? Your opinion wont count; I will carry on :D

Noticed on the front page of todays Mercury:-

Tasmanians have got the greatest state in Australia but they will only whisper it to you"

Said Kevin Sheedy

"The well kept secret"

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

:D The sun rises every morning. The Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride leaves the Bakery car park at 9.00am every Wednesday. Facts that you can depend on. :D

Seventeen superb starters today, with David B. welcomed back to the field. A motorist slumped in his car by the roadside was found to be simply having a snooze; a bit unfortunate that it took a shake of his shoulder through the open window to wake him and confirm his good health. Fortunately he did not hit back :D

Sam kindly fed the throng on chocolate mud cake to celebrate his birthday. When questioned about his ability to make a Wednesday Ride, Scott cheerily announced that he is on annual leave, and enquired as to whether such a concept existed "back in the working days of the old fellas".

God bless the working class.

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 am

And the weatherman says it will be 16 degrees and cloudy with a zephyr of a NNE breeze to contend with in beautiful Richmond at 9am in the morning. I can see a record turnout coming up.

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 am

Will we have the pleasure of the company of PMM Man?

Its not the same without him :(

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 pm

There was a Richmond Bakery Ride today....but only Steve and I showed up LOL

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I heard "17" mentioned today, which included our Newcastle guest Bob, and Casey of Dome fame. Talk about keeping cycling in the family, Bobs' son is to marry Caseys daughter. Best wishes to the bridal party, and both families.
Honours for the day went to Barry of Sandford fame. Barry of Sandford should be known as Barry of Sandbagger; last week he was complaining about having to keep up with the "older" people. Today he had no such problem on re entry to Richmond. :D

Next Wednesday is Anzac Day, and a record field is expected.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 pm

master6 wrote:I heard "17" mentioned today, which included our Newcastle guest Bob, and Casey of Dome fame. Talk about keeping cycling in the family, Bobs' son is to marry Caseys daughter. Best wishes to the bridal party, and both families.
Honours for the day went to Barry of Sandford fame. Barry of Sandford should be known as Barry of Sandbagger; last week he was complaining about having to keep up with the "older" people. Today he had no such problem on re entry to Richmond. :D

Next Wednesday is Anzac Day, and a record field is expected.

hmmm, Anzac day ride, this time i wont play nice :D :wink:
when do we stop for coffee???

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Well done team - there were 18 out there with 2 in the elite group and 16 mucking about in the bunch.

Next week - a ride on Anzac Day - there is a service at 9.00am in Richmond and the memorial is part of the village green so it might be a good idea to park away from the bakery and ride in and meet at the normal spot for the start of the ride.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:45 pm

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:Well done team - there were 18 out there with 2 in the elite group and 16 mucking about in the bunch.

Next week - a ride on Anzac Day - there is a service at 9.00am in Richmond and the memorial is part of the village green so it might be a good idea to park away from the bakery and ride in and meet at the normal spot for the start of the ride.

where will next week's ride/route be?
when do we stop for coffee???

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Which way will the wind be blowing - and how hard? One of the joys of being a benevolent dictator is not having to answer questions!!

I can say we will leave the Richmond Bakery car park at 9:00:00 and be back at around 11.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 pm

BarryTas wrote: hmmm, Anzac day ride, this time i wont play nice :D :wink:
I was going to suggest that you might end up playing with yourself Barry, then I noticed the :wink: :wink:

:D

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

BarryTas wrote: where will next week's ride/route be?

Only people named "Rod" have need to ask this question. :D

bazsand

Postby bazsand » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:02 pm

master6 wrote: Barry of Sandford should be known as Barry of Sandbagger; last week he was complaining about having to keep up with the "older" people. :D
Barry of sandbagger is a bit harsh :shock: ....... I prefer Barry the Sponger :D . I sponged as much as I possibly could after getting well & truly smashed last week :(
Felt AR2

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:44 am

Hi pedallers.

A minor change of expectations for tomorrows RBWR. Given it is a Wednesday and a public holiday there are rides out of Dome at 8am and Richmond at 9am.

The respective benevolent dictators have hatched a plan to meet up bunches for a while. Dome will leave at 8 and head Bowen Grass Tree. Richmond will leave at 9 and head Grass Tree Bowen. At some stage a coming together will occur and we can then head to Granton up the highway - nice road and light traffic should make for a good ride.

Take your pick where you want to start. Dome will finish at Dome. RBWR will finish at Richmond.

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh my goodness :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have heard that there are some naughty boys at Dome of late :D :D

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Eleven stared down the threatening weather to enjoy the wonders of Richmond this morning. Apparently the weather conditions looked a little bleaker in Sandy Bay, and the Dome crew opted for coffee without cycling , which meant that the threatened confrontation between the Richmond and Dome gangs did not materialise.

Thankyou to E. Phillips , of Sandy Bay, (Letters to the Mercury Editor 24/4/2012) for coining the phrase "chattering away in bikespeak".
We now have a name for that enjoyable activity that takes place over coffee after a ride. :D

According to E. Phillips, this bike speak activity occurs when the group is "oblivious to anything else around them".

Oh well........................................

Brian B took the honours at North Richmond this morning, his sprinting ability blooming (as a result of being free of the usual coaching "assistance" normally piled apon him ) :D

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Please come back N.... All is forgiven :D

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Im forgiven?

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 pm

RobRollin wrote:Im forgiven?
OK, I'll widen the application:-

Please come back N.... and R.. All is forgiven :D

PS

WE have changed the secret handshake during your absense, so reinitiation will be a necessity :cry: