2012 Racing Season

Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour Down Under and more

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby philip » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 am

Daccordi Rider wrote:Frandy have been woeful so far

This is what they do every year, nothing much then mysteriously come good for the tour!
User avatar
philip
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Lane Cove, Sydney

by BNA » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

BNA
 

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Daccordi Rider » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

They gave Gilbert a nice lead out in the Ardennes last year! :D

They seem to try to be up for them so let's see.
Certified Brand Snob
Daccordi Rider
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby norbs » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Just remember you blokes, Andy has already won 1 TdF this year. :D
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:25 am

Another win for Greenedge

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta-ciclista-al-pais-vasco-2012/stage-2/results

Really was worried before the start of the season that they would struggle for results, certainly hasn't been the case.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
User avatar
RICHARDH
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: adelaide

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby briztoon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 am

RICHARDH wrote:Another win for Greenedge

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta-ciclista-al-pais-vasco-2012/stage-2/results

Really was worried before the start of the season that they would struggle for results, certainly hasn't been the case.


Me to, me to.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Chuck » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 pm

briztoon wrote:
RICHARDH wrote:Another win for Greenedge

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta-ciclista-al-pais-vasco-2012/stage-2/results

Really was worried before the start of the season that they would struggle for results, certainly hasn't been the case.


Me to, me to.


+2
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Chuck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Durbridge got a couple of nice results for GE too :)

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ro ... a%20Sarthe
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby ft_critical » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Strap yourself in for Lige - Bastogne - Lige on Sat (14th), can't wait... :wink: :wink: :lol:
User avatar
ft_critical
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Slowing and Fattening :-)

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby norbs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 pm

ft_critical wrote:Strap yourself in for Lige - Bastogne - Lige on Sat (14th), can't wait... :wink: :wink: :lol:


14th? I thought Amstel Gold was next, then L-B-L the following week with the La Flèche Wallonne in between.

Edit, just checked Inrng.com and I think thats right.
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby MichaelB » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 pm

In the euro time zome, Amstel is on 15th Apr, Fleche is on 18th and LBL is on 22nd (Source - Pro cycling calendar)

Roamdie starts on 24th and goes to 29th.
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby ft_critical » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:04 pm

norbs wrote:
ft_critical wrote:Strap yourself in for Lige - Bastogne - Lige on Sat (14th), can't wait... :wink: :wink: :lol:


14th? I thought Amstel Gold was next, then L-B-L the following week with the La Flèche Wallonne in between.

Edit, just checked Inrng.com and I think thats right.


Hmm, it was supposed to be a joke. But it has failed. Cycling news had the amateur version listed with the spelling above. Now they have changed it to Liege - Bastogne - Liege Espoirs - yes really. Then I was going to tell you all, hilariously, about the spelling. Oh well.
User avatar
ft_critical
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Slowing and Fattening :-)

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby norbs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:25 pm

ft_critical wrote:
Hmm, it was supposed to be a joke. But it has failed. Cycling news had the amateur version listed with the spelling above. Now they have changed it to Liege - Bastogne - Liege Espoirs - yes really. Then I was going to tell you all, hilariously, about the spelling. Oh well.



Oops. :D
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tony-ma ... g-accident
I mean seriously!!! ... how many big name riders have had accidents in training this year!!!.
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14032
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Uncle Just » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:18 am

I had exactly the same thought when I read that. I started to go through the list and thought it seems to be more dangerous training than racing atm.
Uncle Just
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby JV911 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Chuck wrote:Durbridge got a couple of nice results for GE too :)


yee haa!

not sure if Durbo's chin is UCI legal though...pretty sure it's an illegal aero device :)
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

User avatar
JV911
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Chuck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Purito loves the steep pitches....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/la-fleche-wallonne/results

Another excellent result for GE too. Albasini has more than earnt his way already.

Andy not all that happy apparently....

"Why does nobody attack?" said Andy Schleck. "Why does everyone ride for second place, eh? Because, if you don't attack and [Joaquim] Rodriguez gets to the bottom of the Mur in the front group that's what you will be racing for, second place.


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck ... e-wallonne

Seems a bit of an odd thing to say given that although Rodriguez is a perennial contender last night was actually his first classics win.
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby MichaelB » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 am

Chuck wrote: ....Andy not all that happy apparently....

"Why does nobody attack?" said Andy Schleck. "Why does everyone ride for second place, eh? Because, if you don't attack and [Joaquim] Rodriguez gets to the bottom of the Mur in the front group that's what you will be racing for, second place.


.....


Yet again, it's someone elses fault ...

Keep up the good work boys ....... :roll:

Well done to Albasini and the GE boys again. Another win may not be too far away ?
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Daccordi Rider » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

Do you reckon Frandy have any fans left outside Luxembourg? They are a pair of whiny bitches.
Certified Brand Snob
Daccordi Rider
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby vander » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Image
vander
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am
Location: North Strathfield, NSW

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby CommuRider » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Liege on now

One nasty fall already.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.
User avatar
CommuRider
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby vander » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:19 pm

CommuRider wrote:Liege on now

One nasty fall already.


There was a nasty fall in the neutral zone. Igor anton out with a broken collarbone before the race even started.
Image
vander
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am
Location: North Strathfield, NSW

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Chuck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 am

FFS

Edit: Re picture break up at a vital stage.

Astana certainly provided the surprises this week.
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 am

Couldn't manage to watch it all last night, but great win in the end. Again, showed class, and great to see some other names pop up.

Poor old Andy died again ......., but at least he has finished 2 races in a row now, andit was wet and included downhills :shock:

Loooooove the argy bargy re KA not being there at Le Tour ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Cadel must be laughing hard :)
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby jules21 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:25 am

wow astana have really gotten with the program this year :)
Image
User avatar
jules21
 
Posts: 8376
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: somewhere out in the melbourne rain

Re: 2012 Racing Season

Postby Chuck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 am

jules21 wrote:wow astana have really gotten with the program this year :)


Image

:P

MichaelB wrote:Loooooove the argy bargy re KA not being there at Le Tour


The dashing Scott Sunderland was saying on air last night that he didn't think all was well within the team. Not sure if he was speaking with some insider knowledge or just came to that opinion from observing what we've all seen and heard.
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

PreviousNext

Return to International and National Tours and Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist