DORCs

WestcoastPete

DORCs

Postby WestcoastPete » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Went for my first social ride with the Darwin Off Road Cyclists (DORCs) on the weekend.

What a blast! I'd been meaning to do it for a while. It was hard work keeping up at first, but I managed to last the whole ride. My offroad skills are reasonable but could certainly improve.

Just a little note-to-self though; don't eat a big bowl of noodles an hour or so before the ride! I struggled to keep it down for the first half of the ride, balancing an upset tummy with fluid intake (drinking made wanting to chuck worse). I was pretty sweet but exhausted by the second half. I'm feeling it in my legs today, but it's a great feeling! It means I went out and had fun over the weekend...

Looking forward to next weekend!

Fred Nurk

Re: DORCs

Postby Fred Nurk » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 pm

DORCs are an awesome crew to go riding with, though it seems to be a revolving door of people. I miss riding Charles Darwin National Park, even though I'm just down the road from the 94 World Cup tracks in Cairns.

Do they stil run training rides on Tuesday and Thursday nights?

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Cool name for a mtb club.

My club is South Coast United Mountainbikers(SCUM) :D

WestcoastPete

Postby WestcoastPete » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Fred Nurk wrote:DORCs are an awesome crew to go riding with, though it seems to be a revolving door of people. I miss riding Charles Darwin National Park, even though I'm just down the road from the 94 World Cup tracks in Cairns.

Do they stil run training rides on Tuesday and Thursday nights?
It seems that they do, although I hadn't noticed until I checked after you pointed it out. Will have to get along to them as well...

First race this Sunday! I haven't raced since I was 15; should be fun!

The revolving door thing you mention is all part of living in this town. I hated it for a while there; always having to say goodbye to great new friends you've made, but I'm cool with it now...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 pm

hehe, yes DORCs is a fun name. :D My local riding group is called NoBMoB.

NOrthern Beaches MOuntain Bikers ... http://nobmob.com

WestcoastPete

Postby WestcoastPete » Fri May 04, 2012 5:19 pm

WestcoastPete wrote: First race this Sunday! I haven't raced since I was 15; should be fun!
Came 2nd out of 5! C-grade though. Should have ridden in B-grade but I had to go to a gig...