Noosa centry times

themerlin

Noosa centry times

Postby themerlin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Are up !
I was please yesterday to have finished be it seems over 300 people beat me, something to aim for next year.

I found the event really well done, the pace riders where a good idea as was the helpers going around on mopeds to give a helping hand.

I found a 160k ride sooo much hard then the 100ks I have done before, maybe because it was the first.

ldrcycles

Re: Noosa centry times

Postby ldrcycles » Mon May 07, 2012 6:07 pm

I did the 100 for the third time, i don't know when i'll be brave enough to try the 160! The pace was much harder than last year, even though i went from 2:42 to 2:38 i went from 22nd to 29th. Apparently there was a pretty solid crash on Noosa Parade for the lead group in the 100k, i met one bloke who came down and absolutely smashed his helmet. What time did you manage for the 160?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Twas a great ride. I did the 160k again this year. It was lots of agony.. but then we went out hard from the start. I did have some issues with feet pain and a cramping and got dropped to after the second rest stop which ended up costing me about 15 minutes. I knocked over an hour and a half off my time this year. I ended up coming in about 10:45 so there was lots of time to have something to eat, shower, and have a nana nap and be back in time for the raffle. :)

themerlin

Noosa centry times

Postby themerlin » Mon May 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I came in about 11:50 so 5 hours 50 but was my first so have an excuse for being a snail :)

I also think I had too many lollies at the rest stops.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 am

Was a well organised event.
Some of those road surfaces were pretty harsh, not to mention all the pot holes that failed to be called - thanks (not)! :( A severely out of true rear wheel saw the end of any good overall times for me.
But a big thank you to Incognito for getting me back on the road tho.

IR8naml

Postby IR8naml » Wed May 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I may look into this event next year.

Christina Brinkmann

Postby Christina Brinkmann » Wed May 16, 2012 5:55 pm

The 100km ride was my first ever cycle event (excluding triathlons). It was such a great morning, the weather was perfect, the event was on time and well run, the vibe was very friendly and I came in just under 3 hours, 20 minutes under my goal time. :D I rode past my home at the 75km mark and before the event I had toyed with the idea of popping in to have a relax and watch the Footy Show, but on the day the riding was far better fun than stopping. I plan to do the 160km next year despite the warnings. (I would of loved to have caught up with The Comedian :shock: , maybe next year )

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed May 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Christina Brinkmann wrote:The 100km ride was my first ever cycle event (excluding triathlons). It was such a great morning, the weather was perfect, the event was on time and well run, the vibe was very friendly and I came in just under 3 hours, 20 minutes under my goal time. :D I rode past my home at the 75km mark and before the event I had toyed with the idea of popping in to have a relax and watch the Footy Show, but on the day the riding was far better fun than stopping. I plan to do the 160km next year despite the warnings. (I would of loved to have caught up with The Comedian :shock: , maybe next year )
Good work CB. For a first event that is one very tidy time. Keep at it and set yourself an unrealistic goal for next year (that's what I do!). :)